No announcement yet.

DeCodeMe results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have not received the invitation... send again...

cacio

Comment

decodeme trying to contact you enigma123

Originally posted by Maria_W View Post
      Burto and Cacio,
      I would be willing to share my DeCodeme results with you and anyone who has tested with DeCodeMe... My name is the same: Maria_W. Just invite me!

Maria
      Hello Maria will accept your friendship on deCode me ..have tried to reply to your message but don't seem to be getting anywhere..l am a bit of a novice and usually end up frustrated with my attempts...nice to hear from you Enigma123

Comment

Originally posted by cacio View Post
        I have not received the invitation... send again...

cacio
        Have sent it again

Comment

Burto:

I asked decodeme, and yes, you were right, the world view or continent view are not the same. The world view estimates the principal components using all observations, while the European view uses only European observations. As such, the principal components (axes or dimensions) are not the same.

In terms of what it means, I think that the estimates obtained using only European data will magnify the differences between Europeans populations, as the principal components do exactly that. As said, though, zooming in an out, it seem more or less the spacial relations are similar, though not exactly so.

cacio

Comment

Hi Cacio,
            Thanks for asking, I have asked them also, because I still don't see why it should change if your in the Europe region for both. I understand for the Europe region you are magnifying the differences, but surely your doing that if you close in on the Europe region of the world map
            So if you're little man is floating in space in between Western European populations and Russia, you are showing genetic similarites to both groups of people, is that right?

Comment

Yes, if you are between two areas, it means that you share similarities with both. The closer you are to either group, the more genetically similar you are.

As for the difference between world map and Europe map, the reason is that they use different data. The principal component analysis method searches for genetic characteristics that distinguish populations. The first principal component represents the set of most important distinguishing characteristics. In the world view, you are looking for the things that distinguish the whole set of data, that is, Africans from Europeans from Asians etc. In the Europe view, you are looking for what distinguishes, say, Russians from Italians from French. And they need not be the same genetic characteristics, in theory - perhaps what distinguishes Russians from Italians is not the same set of genes that distinguishes, say Italians from Africans.

In practice, it looks like there are many similarities between the two views, because different populations seem to have roughly the same relations to each other in both views, and people are roughly in the same spot. But in the Europe view, the differences between European populations are sharper.

cacio

Comment

My Decodeme results

Hello!
                I would like to share all my results of: Decodeme
                Here we go:
                Decodeme:
                1) Genetic Atlas (top 3) :

(1) Europe (83.8%): 1) French (84,1%); 2) Tuscan (84,1%) and 3) Basque (84.0%);4) Icelandic (83.9%);5) Orcadian (83.8%) etc ... to 9)
                (2) South East Asia (81.5%): 10) Druze (82,4%); 11) Palestinian (82,4%); 12) Pathan (81,7%);13) Brahui (81,5%); 14) (Bedouin 81,4%) etc... to 25)
                (3) East Asia (76,4%): 26) Mongolia (77.2%); 27) Han North China (76.9%); 28) Cambodia (76.8%); 29) Daur (76.8%) etc...to 40).

2) Ancestral Origins:
                Chromossomes 1 to 22: 85% European; 9% African; 6% East Asian.
                X Chromosome: 80% European; 14% East Asian; 6% African.
                They also show me that I could became bald before age 40

Comment

Hi V.R.R.
                  Thanks for sharing your results! I've sent you a personal message!

Comment

Reply personal mensage

Hi, I am already replicate the message. I hope you received.
                    Best regards

Comment

Hi,
                      Got the message and have sent a reply!

Comment

Working...
                      X