No announcement yet.

MtDNA help needed please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay go me!!! I'm H1 then-I got the AA at 3010! But not H1a I don't think...So I am H afterall? So does that not come under H on the DeCodeMe maternal line? Bit confused as to how DeCodeMe didn't pick that up especially if that sequence is in the data

Comment

So happy...

Happy for you, Burto. I am a H1a1! I have 16 mutations... Oh no, I am a mutant!

Maria

Comment

After my first post in this thread I wondered if this thread was an April Fools' Day joke. Ask decodeme why your 14766 is missing. Maybe one of the reasons more people don't post about their decodeme is because they can't open it. I think it should be in book form or maybe on one of those USB keychain things, for ease. I never ordered a decodeme and I don't want to. But if I was to, I would wait until it is in book form. Maybe they can put it in Braille for the vision-impaired. My vision is fine, just near-sighted. Burto, maybe after all this training you can help others open and interpret their decodeme. Cacio, you are a gem! Thanks for being here helping Burto. I'm learning a little too. I'm am H1.

Comment

Originally posted by cacio View Post
          Burto:

Strange that they don't have 14766... I have the following ones around it:
          MitoA14234G,A/G,M,14233,+,AA
          MitoA14583G,A/G,M,14582,+,AA
          MitoT14767C,C/T,M,14766,+,TT
          MitoT14784C,C/T,M,14783,+,TT
          MitoT14799C,C/T,M,14798,+,TT

14766 is usually how they assign HV. Perhaps that's the reason they only assigned you to the "mother" haplogroup.

cacio
          Cacio,
          Are these from your DeCode results? I share the same numbers as you in bold, but you say you don't have 14766, but isn't that the one in underlined?
          Either way, I don't have it or the others you have not in bold

Comment

Yes, you are right, I must have been asleep. So I have 14766T, which confirms that I am not in HV (I am in fact U1a). HV should have 14766C.

So you don't have that line? Then that's I guess why they weren't able to place you in HV. Do you mean you don't have the lines, or you don't have any reading for it (ie, it's --)? I know at some point decodeme changed the SNPs that they look at, adding more relevant SNPs throughout the genome - but perhaps in the process they dropped some.

cacio

Comment

Hi,
              There isn't a 14766 full stop. So if they added more relevant SNP's, then it doesn't matter that this one isn't included because there are more important ones that can determine a mito group?

Comment

I meant that they added SNP in the other chromosomes that are relevant to determine health risks, which is really their interest. I don't know what they did in the mtdna, but that's not what they focus most on.

cacio

Comment

Hi,
                  We got a reply regarding this confusion from OA and they said that based on their results we were just H (no subgroup as no changes from core sequence) and that they cannot distinguish between H and R*. They said that R* sits on the line where H and V split and that H1 and R* share some common numbers.

Given that they cannot distinguish between H and R* but DeCodeMe can (and they have said the same thing that we lie on the R*/H boundary) I can only think we are from a group somewhere before when H branched off as it's own group. The thing I don't get is whether this means we're HV, R0 or R*!
                  But I am so pleased that both companies have said the same thing, that our ancestors were on the boundary!!!

Comment

I read their message as meaning that they do not test the coding region, and in particular the SNP necessary to place you exactly in HV and H (the SNP for R is 16233, which is in HVR1 and so it is tested). But you can still be H.

From what we discussed before, the presence of 2706 is an indication of H. 2706 is downstream of 14766, so even if decodeme did not test 14766, the other snp should be informative. did you ask decodeme specifically about this mutation?

cacio

Comment

It is simple.

OA is a waste of money.

FTDNA is the only way.

Comment

Originally posted by cacio View Post
                        I read their message as meaning that they do not test the coding region, and in particular the SNP necessary to place you exactly in HV and H (the SNP for R is 16233, which is in HVR1 and so it is tested). But you can still be H.

From what we discussed before, the presence of 2706 is an indication of H. 2706 is downstream of 14766, so even if decodeme did not test 14766, the other snp should be informative. did you ask decodeme specifically about this mutation?

cacio
                        Hi,
                        Yes I agree, I think they were saying they can't distinguish between HV and H, however I don't know if HV would show up as R* with DeCodeMe, or whether it's different?

I haven't asked about 2706, however it doesn't appear in my advanced results sequence compared to the Cambridge Reference Sequence...not sure if it would appear had it been there? (I thought I may have found I do have 2706, but could be reading it wrong on the raw data!)

It does say on the CRS 16327? would love to know what that means!!!
                        Last edited by burto; 12 May 2009, 02:35 PM.

Comment

As for 2706, I was referring to a previous post. If in your results you have:

MitoG2708A,A/G,M,2706,+,AA

then it is H. Outside H, the result is GG rather than AA.

I do not know the algorithm used by decodeme (that is why one needs to ask). But upstream of HV there is R*, so when they do not find the SNP they use for HV, they probably place in R*.

cacio

Comment

Working...
                          X