Mtdna Matches With Inactive Email Address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mtdna Matches With Inactive Email Address

First of all thank you for creating this forum; I submitted a mtdna test and i had one match; I emailed the person but email was returned because the email address was no longer in service. My question is do you also notify via regular mail about matches that were found? In my case even though the match i received had an email address that was not in service, will my name and email address still show up on his " family tree dna personal page"?
    I realize it should be the person's responsibility to verify their personal contact info. but maybe their should be some way to check from "ftdna" side to verify contact info. from time to time. I am new to this and maybe there is something already in place. I also ordered the "mtdnaRefine" test yesterday and hopefully I will get more interesting info. and also maybe another match or two(with in service emails) Thanks again for this forum.

Originally posted by comore
    First of all thank you for creating this forum; I submitted a mtdna test and i had one match; I emailed the person but email was returned because the email address was no longer in service. My question is do you also notify via regular mail about matches that were found? In my case even though the match i received had an email address that was not in service, will my name and email address still show up on his " family tree dna personal page"?
    I realize it should be the person's responsibility to verify their personal contact info. but maybe their should be some way to check from "ftdna" side to verify contact info. from time to time. I am new to this and maybe there is something already in place. I also ordered the "mtdnaRefine" test yesterday and hopefully I will get more interesting info. and also maybe another match or two(with in service emails) Thanks again for this forum.

i'de go to their surname and post in forums and mailing list and with the project administrator maybe that will get to them

Comment

Working...
    X