No announcement yet.

DYS 391 query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just saw some other mentions elsewhere of DYS 391 = 10 or 11. One mentions known cousins of the same family having this mis-match showing up a couple of times in living memory.
    I think I often fall into the trap of thinking that any mutation probably happened hundreds of years ago. I must remember that a mutation can occur at any time.
    Cheers,
    Bob

Comment

Just found a useful list by Tim Janzen, (using John Chandler's mutation rates), where the 67 markers are listed in 'slow', medium' & 'fast' order. DYS 391 is ranked as the 22nd fastest mutator of the 67 listed. It is ranked as a 'medium' mutator.
      The info wa dated June 08.
      I find these sort of lists useful as one of my matches is 62/67, & we miss by 2 on DYS 534 (he's 15, I'm 17). This is classed as a two-stop miss, but possibly a single mutation as the marker is the 5th-fastest mutator. Another miss is at DYS 576, which is the third fastest mutator. My miss at DYS 391 is a 'medium' mutator, & my only miss on a 'slow' mutator is at DYS 537.
      I'm a little surprised that FTDNA count the miss at DYS 534 as 2, & not as a single mutation, especially as it's a rapid mover. Any ideas?
      Cheers
      Bob

Comment

Working...
      X