howcan I vew more inormation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• howcan I vew more inormation

When I click on the haplotree tab, a tab labled "my match" appears when I click on it the image shown below appears.
    In the table only I can see the country of the match.

My question Is it possible to see more information?

thanks

http://up111.arabsh.com/s/tdzjohwfnk.jpg

Hi Alpha,

The Haplotree "My Matches" page just shows an anonymous listing of your 12-marker matches *who have been SNP tested*. It's intended to show you which haplogroups your nearest 12-marker matches are in. It does not include any matches who haven't done the SNP test.

There are a few other pages where you can see matches:

Y-DNA / Matches -- This section will give you names and email addresses of your closest matches at 12/25/37/67 markers, regardless of haplogroup or SNP testing. You will see any matches that are at least 11/12 (if they are in the same project as you), 12/12, 23/25, 33/37 and 60/67. You won't see matches that are further away than these levels.

Y-DNA / Recent Ancestral Origins - This is also an anonymous listing, and shows the reported origins of your closest 12/25/37/67-marker matches.

Ysearch -- Here you can see matches further away than the Y-DNA Matches page shows. Upload your haplotype to Ysearch (see link on bottom left of your page) and you can then search/compare. Just be aware that while many people have chosen to upload their data to Ysearch, there are also many people who have not.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by efgen; 26 February 2009, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Y-DNA / Matches -- This section will give you names and email addresses of your closest matches at 12/25/37/67 markers, regardless of haplogroup or SNP testing. You will see any matches that are at least 11/12 (if they are in the same project as you), 12/12, 23/25, 33/37 and 60/67. You won't see matches that are further away than these levels.
      I think the only way this page will get populated if I test my children, brothers and cousins. And I may do that just to see that page not blank.

The Haplotree "My Matches" page just shows an anonymous listing of your 12-marker matches *who have been SNP tested*. It's intended to show you which haplogroups your nearest 12-marker matches are in. It does not include any matches who haven't done the SNP test.
      This explanation really helps as I thought I was doing something wrong.

Manythanks efgen

Comment

Working...
      X