No announcement yet.

New Tribes' Populations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it is too expensive. I think my AncestryByDna 2.5 was only about $180, and that was almost three years ago (summer of 2006).

I had purchased the Euro 1.0, but they said I didn't qualify for that one, and thet said they would only keep the test fee for the AncestryByDna 2.5 that they did, and they refunded the difference to me.

Yes, I know pretty far back on most of my lines. But the 17% Native American I have is a mystery. It's not in my family history. I'm guessing either my paternal grandmother was adopted or from colonial white & amerindian mixture not documented, or that her husband wasn't the father of my father.

I am surprised (shocked) that they closed so suddenly. I always found them to be very fair and very patient with me.
    Last edited by rainbow; 12 March 2009, 02:57 PM.

Comment

• It was long enough ago

Originally posted by rainbow View Post
      Deirwha, are you gonna start wearing neck rings? I never heard of an Ethiopian with tattoos, but whatever floats your boat.
      How about Amoebian (amoeba)?
      I can make up whatever I want about the culture and who can second guess me? You do have a point. I suppose I could have declared for BACTERIUM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deirwha View Post
        I can make up whatever I want about the culture and who can second guess me? You do have a point. I suppose I could have declared for BACTERIUM.

or just TCGAians
        (TCGA)

Comment

• Originally posted by rainbow View Post

I have a new theory about where my 17% Native American is coming from. Not so new. Maybe my Slavic paternal grandfather wasn't my biological grandfather afterall. So it would be coming from an unknown Native American man and not from my paternal grandmother. But I wonder how. I wonder where my grandmother went on vacation in the summer of 1927, if she went on vacation.
          1927?

Sorry, 1927 was from my old theory of if my grandmother was adopted or if one of her parents wasn't her parent. She was concieved in the summer of 1927 (born in spring of 1928).

My father was conceived in the spring 1946 (born in winter of early 1947).

I think it's from my paternal grandmother. I live in Florida now, have for years, and I often see people that remind me of my grandmother and aunt. The people I see are Latina's. Also, some French Canadians resemble my relatives.
          Last edited by rainbow; 12 March 2009, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• oooh

or just TCGAians
            (TCGA)
            I will think about that one!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deirwha View Post
              I will think about that one!
              We are all TCGAians. Or ACGTians, etc.

When I took the DNA Tribes test in the first place, it was to see what tribe or Amerindian region I would match. I didn't expect all this Syrian and Portuguese stuff. My top global match is Puerto Rican.
              And you know what...my father told me that when he entered the army...people thought he was Puerto Rican! He was from rural New Jersey.

Comment

• KatieCarol Thank your for your answer

[QUOTE=katiecarol;143663]Your scores are very low for a 21 marker test .There was a strong dutch presence in brazil http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Brazil which might account for the flemish results.The basque/portuguese sometimes cluster together,so maybe its pointing to a very ancient root for your portuguese/spanish ancestry,who knows.Many british people get neolithic basque matches on dnatribes which would lead me to believe dnatribe results are indicative of very ancient/deep ancestry.
                In my little knowledge about my ancestry there is no basque people. My great-grandmother are spanih from Barcelona (born 1897-1990). Her mother was from Valencia and father Barcelona. my father had also allegedly some Spanish in his "heritage" (great grandfather) ... I don

Comment

• Raibow: my know ancestry

No. As a Brazilian I have all forms of ethnicity in the world. We are like sausage. We have everything within us. My mother ancestry is better well know. I had one great-grandmother (1897-1990) from Spain (Barcelona) and great grandfather from Argentina (1892-1970) (son of italians). My Great-great-grandmother (1850-1899) and great-great-grandfather (1857-1937) born in Milan, Italy. I have 9 markers from places in Brazil in my Part.C

Comment

• life's funny

We are all TCGAians. Or ACGTians, etc.

When I took the DNA Tribes test in the first place, it was to see what tribe or Amerindian region I would match. I didn't expect all this Syrian and Portuguese stuff. My top global match is Puerto Rican.
                    And you know what...my father told me that when he entered the army...people thought he was Puerto Rican! He was from rural New Jersey.
                    no one would have taken me for Sicilian (well, my ex maybe )

Comment

• Originally posted by V.R.R View Post
                      Thank you very much for your response.
                      I think I made a mistake and my response to you was edited.
                      The rest of my message:
                      I do not know if there is another company that makes this test of proportion (%)? I gave a look at Decodeme. Its very interesting, however to expensive.
                      You have knowledge of your older ancestors. 1650 ... Seven generations? Amazing.
                      The other company is 23andMe and it "only" costs $400.00

Comment

• Juan Carlos: 23 and me

Originally posted by JuanCarlos View Post
                        The other company is 23andMe and it "only" costs $400.00
                        Dear: Juan Carlos
                        Thanks for the tip. The 23 and me analysis is (apparently) similar to the decodeme. You see your past (ancestry) and future (the disease that will kill you). Just kidding. Unfortunately, they do not send the kit to my country.

Comment

Dear: Juan Carlos
                          Thanks for the tip. The 23 and me analysis is (apparently) similar to the decodeme. You see your past (ancestry) and future (the disease that will kill you). Just kidding. Unfortunately, they do not send the kit to my country.
                          I thought they did. I read of a Brazilian man who purchased the 23andMe kit, and I believe he lives in Brazil. Did you see a list of countries they send their kit to?

Comment

• V.R.R you should post your DNA Tribes results here:

http://www.kerchner.com/cgi-kerchner/dnatribes.cgi

Comment

• Originally posted by JuanCarlos View Post
                              I thought they did. I Did you see a list of countries they send their kit to?
                              ....... I tried to buy the kit of 23 and me, unfortunable, can not. Maybe in future they make available to the world wide?Thanks for the information of the informal forum of dna tribes. I will subscribe. It would be nice if the family Tree Dna create a autosomal dna test.. And you? Are happy or curious after your exams?

Comment

....... I tried to buy the kit of 23 and me, unfortunable, can not. Maybe in future they make available to the world wide?Thanks for the information of the informal forum of dna tribes. I will subscribe. It would be nice if the family Tree Dna create a autosomal dna test.. And you? Are happy or curious after your exams?

Yes, it would be nice if FTDNA offered an autosomal test. I am keeping an open minde regarding my DNA Tribes results. Some make sense, others are possible but I have more questions than answers. In general, I am satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                                X