• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rainbow
    FTDNA Customer
    • Jun 2006

Originally posted by sherrie View Post
    About my known ancestry the earliest ancestor on paper I have is susannah Bailey 1630 from va and on my dad 1500 in germany .I have many scots irish names.
    Then I would say your ancestry is from the British Isles and Germany. DNATribes either has their algorithim skewed, or their Berbers are actually of German descent . North Africa was occupied by Europeans. To this day I haven't seen someone with German ancestry get a top 20 German match, but they get Berber.

Comment

• sherrie
      • Oct 2008

DNA TRIBES responce

Dear Ms. Bodet, Thank you for contacting us regarding your testing. The autosomal DNA tested for your DNA Tribes analysis is passed down 50% from each parent at each generation, so results reflect genetic material inherited from all four grandparents (not limited to a single male or female line). Best regards,Lucas @ DNAtribes.com

This may explain the different input.Perhaps Im really mixed!

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
        FTDNA Customer
        • Nov 2009

Thank you for posting DNATribes new populations.
        I see there are more South American categories but no new USA American Indian categories.
        The Druze and Bedouin sound interesting. I remember a documentary on tv (PBS?) about a Druze woman who was threatened by her community and forced to withdraw from the beauty pageant (Miss Israel pageant?). It was such a powerful and sad, tragic story. I wonder how she is now. Makes me remember and value my freedom.

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
          FTDNA Customer
          • Nov 2009

A Sindhi category. I remember another documentary (probably on PBS) about a woman who wrote a book titled Gypsy. She is considered a gypsy but is actually a Sinti, which some consider to be a sub-group of gypsy (if I followed it correctly). Sintis, or Sindhis, have lived in Germany for a long time and where originally from where Pakistan is now. It was interesting. But the Druze story made me cry.
          Last edited by ~Elizabeth~; 30 November 2009, 07:42 PM.

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
            FTDNA Customer
            • Nov 2009

Did an update.

My December 2009 top 20 (part B)

Syria

Southern Morocco (Arabic speakers)

Morocco

Portugal

Central Portugal

Central Portugal

Northeast Spain

Flemish

Portugal

Switzerland

Northwest Spain

Flemish

Flemish (Belgium)

Andalusia, Spain

Croatia

Denmark

France

Sicily, Italy

Tunisia

Arab (Israel)
            Last edited by ~Elizabeth~; 4 December 2009, 06:37 PM.

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
              FTDNA Customer
              • Nov 2009

My Dec 2009 World Region Match Results

North African (0.34) 61.76
              Mediterranean (0.35) 59.18
              Northwest European (0.29) 43.70
              Levantine (0.31) 30.03
              Mestizo (0.46) 28.41
              Aegean (0.36) 24.86
              Mesopotamian (0.31) 20.75
              Arabian (0.27) 17.75
              Eastern European (0.23) 15.52
              North India (0.36) 12.75
              Finnic (0.13) 3.80
              Horn of Africa (0.12) 3.41
              Sahelian (0.02) 1.38
              South India (0.06) 1.12

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
                FTDNA Customer
                • Nov 2009

December 2009 Part D

Of my Part C top 20 (Global) , 15 are diaspora matches. 13 are to Brazil, 1 to Puerto Rican (in Massachusetts, USA), and 1 to Canary Islands. The other 5 are my Part B top 5. Top one is Sergipe, Brazil @ (0.41) 208.90.

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
                  FTDNA Customer
                  • Nov 2009

Hi Gene. Thanks for posting. You have very high scores. We have some of the same world regions.

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • Nov 2009

I also have a new extended report, and of the 1040 categories I have 1.00+ with 438.

Updated Europa:
                    Portuguese (0.36) 90.08
                    Celtic (0.28) 56.18
                    Belgic (0.33) 51.41
                    Spanish (0.31) 48.87
                    Italian (0.28) 32.44
                    Germanic (0.27) 27.70
                    Balkan (0.31) 26.61
                    Thracian (0.3) 19.39
                    Norse (0.21) 17.24
                    Greek (0.25) 16.83
                    Scythian (0.22) 16.01
                    Basque (0.14) 14.55
                    Polish (0.17) 7.64
                    Russian (0.14) 5.49
                    Finnic (0.13) 3.80
                    Urals (0.15) 3.53
                    Ashkenazic (0.04) 1.87

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • Nov 2009

My DNATribes is still an odd and far-flung assortment. My actual ancestry is, to simplify, 3/4 British Isles and 1/4 Czech.
                      The 3/4 isn't a solid 3/4, but is mostly British Isles with a teensy amount of Dutch + French + Belgian + Swiss + German. My Czech side is the side I know the least about. I was able to trace my "Czech" great-grandmother to Slovakia, and I have a copy of her birth certificate. She was born in a small town near todays border of Slovakia + Austria. I haven't been able to get a birth record of my "Czech" great-grandfather who was supposedly born in a small town/village in the West Tatras in Slovakia, near the Polish border.

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
                        FTDNA Customer
                        • Nov 2009

If my paternal grandmother was adopted, then I am only half British Isles and not part Dutch + Belgian etc.

My Croatia match makes me wonder....that is on the Adriatic. It would be possible to have all those other odd matches if my Czech ancestors were of Croatian deep ancestry and had mixed for centuries with Sicily, Syria, Tunisia, and Morocco etc. But I feel I have some Phoenician deep ancestry, and maybe somehow all four grandparents had that? Maybe people of Phoenician ancestry settled in the British Isles? Or maybe I am descended from Spanish sailors that raided the coastal towns? I had heard on tv (Rick Steves travel show) that the Spanish burnt down a town in Cornwall (1500s or 1600s). Phoenicians did settle in Spain (Cadiz).

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
                          FTDNA Customer
                          • Nov 2009

My Native American Panel has no matches. The top one is "Athabaskan (Alaska) (0.01) 0.02". All else is "(0) 0.00".

Part D World Region Horn of Africa includes Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia, and possibly the legendary Land of Punt (a place the ancient Egyptians went on expeditions to). The ancient Greeks, Arabs, Romans, maybe India, and ancient Israelites traded with and were in contact with people from the area of the Horn of Africa. The most famous connection was between Solomon and the Queen of Sheba, which is present-day Ethiopia, and Ethiopia claims to have the Ark of the Covenant. I have said before that I thought that the low amount of African in some Jewish people is probably from Ethiopia. Probably the same for some Italians and Arabs and Greeks, etc.

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
                            FTDNA Customer
                            • Nov 2009

Guess what. China and India were also trading with the Horn of Africa in ancient times. It's on the web.

Comment

• Jim Honeychuck
                              • Jun 2006

Originally posted by ~Elizabeth~ View Post
                              My DNATribes is still an odd and far-flung assortment. My actual ancestry is, to simplify, 3/4 British Isles and 1/4 Czech.
                              The 3/4 isn't a solid 3/4, but is mostly British Isles with a teensy amount of Dutch + French + Belgian + Swiss + German. My Czech side is the side I know the least about. I was able to trace my "Czech" great-grandmother to Slovakia, and I have a copy of her birth certificate. She was born in a small town near todays border of Slovakia + Austria. I haven't been able to get a birth record of my "Czech" great-grandfather who was supposedly born in a small town/village in the West Tatras in Slovakia, near the Polish border.
                              Most Slovak church records are available on microfilm. http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Libr...meset_fhlc.asp

Regards,
                              Jim

Comment

• ~Elizabeth~
                                FTDNA Customer
                                • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Jim Honeychuck View Post
                                Most Slovak church records are available on microfilm. http://www.familysearch.org/eng/Libr...meset_fhlc.asp

Regards,
                                Jim
                                Thank you for the link. I tried the link but couldn't navigate. I will try it the next time I am on a regular computer. Years ago I wrote to the respective districts. My greatgrandmothers birth record (and baptism) was found by 3 people (different departments?), but there was no record of my greatgrandfathers birth, or even existence. A man on ysearch with the same surname told me that maybe my greatgrandfather was born in another town but grew up in the one he listed as his birthplace. The paternal line of the man on ysearch was from a town near the town where my greatgrandfather claimed to be born. And he said the surname and family was originally from Croatia, but they went back and forth a lot and lived in both areas. With Croatia being on the Adriatic, it is possible that my line had mariners.

Comment

Working...
                                X