Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Tribes' Populations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JuanCarlos View Post
    V.R.R you should post your DNA Tribes results here:

    http://www.kerchner.com/cgi-kerchner/dnatribes.cgi
    And you can post your alleles to a matching online database, Amatch, here:
    www.dna-fingerprint.com

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tomcat View Post
      And you can post your alleles to a matching online database, Amatch, here:
      www.dna-fingerprint.com
      Thanks for the information. I tried, unfortunately without results. I intend to continue with the "updates" of the exams of Family Tree Dna and DNA tribes. I do not know if it is worth the money spent in another laboratory (perhaps in decodeme)?
      What do you think?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by V.R.R View Post
        Thanks for the information. I tried, unfortunately without results. I intend to continue with the "updates" of the exams of Family Tree Dna and DNA tribes. I do not know if it is worth the money spent in another laboratory (perhaps in decodeme)?
        What do you think?
        If I had the money I would take the 23andMe or DeCode test. The resolution of 600+K to 1000K SNP's is far superior to Tribes' 21 STR's for questions of ancestry. Every SNP employed by AbDNA in their various offerings is included in the 23andMe and DeCode chips and AbDNA, at most, used only about 1300 SNP's. The price per SNP, from either company, is phenominally low. The only elements lacking, at present, are the analytical services to exploit the vast amount of potential information and a more comprehensive comparative database of populations.

        Comment


        • March 14, 2009. Populations added.

          DNA Tribes added a few more populations on March 14th. One is another one for the Czech Republic. I am one quarter Czechoslovakian, so I should match that, but since my previous match is so low, lower than my Wales match, I think I won't bother getting an update now. I would probably just get higher matches to the new Brazil and Portugal and Libya and maybe Qatar. I will wait until they get east coast USA Amerindian. The whole point of taking the test in the first place in 2006 was to find out what tribe I descend from after learning thru an admixture test from DNAPrint that I am 17 percent Native American and not up to 3 percent East Asian from possible distant Mongolian from my one quarter Czechoslovakian side. Since I have top matches to Puerto Rico and Brazil, I think I do have some Amerindian ancestry, but I don't believe it is from the Caribbean or Brazil because my paternal grandmother was from rural New Jersey.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by rainbow View Post
            DNA Tribes added a few more populations on March 14th. One is another one for the Czech Republic. I am one quarter Czechoslovakian, so I should match that, but since my previous match is so low, lower than my Wales match, I think I won't bother getting an update now. I would probably just get higher matches to the new Brazil and Portugal and Libya and maybe Qatar. I will wait until they get east coast USA Amerindian. The whole point of taking the test in the first place in 2006 was to find out what tribe I descend from after learning thru an admixture test from DNAPrint that I am 17 percent Native American and not up to 3 percent East Asian from possible distant Mongolian from my one quarter Czechoslovakian side. Since I have top matches to Puerto Rico and Brazil, I think I do have some Amerindian ancestry, but I don't believe it is from the Caribbean or Brazil because my paternal grandmother was from rural New Jersey.
            I sometimes wonder about the Czech Republic. What happened to the tribes who were there prior to the Slavic invasion? I saw on a travelog about that country that there is a difference in temperament between Bohemians and Moravians. Does that have to do with ethnic roots? Have all the Sudeten Germans, themselves of different origins, really been expelled, or have some remained and melted into the Czech population?
            Last edited by PDHOTLEN; 25 March 2009, 08:57 PM.

            Comment


            • March 14, 09 DNA Tribes update...

              Native American panel test results all 0's. Several people here who have Native American heritage receive low scoes or 0's.

              African American panel was not sent...

              Europa panel results:
              1. Celtic (0.58) 596.89
              2. Polish (0.68) 536.13
              3. Germanic (0.63) 453.53
              4. Russian (0.63) 324.86
              5. Balkan (0.59) 271.91
              6. Norse (0.56) 244.94
              7. Spanish (0.05) 230.18
              8. Italian (0.45) 119.40
              9. Portuguese (0.38) 107.92
              10. Finno-Ugrian (0.45) 73.15
              11. Greek (0.32) 25.90
              12. Basque (0.13) 11.09
              13. Ashkenazi (0.02) .67

              My known heritage is Native American, Irish, Scottish, English, Welsh, German, Swiss and French with in the last 450 years...

              Maria
              Last edited by Maria_W; 26 March 2009, 01:06 AM.

              Comment


              • Europa score change...

                These scores went up from the last update:
                1. Celtic
                2. Polish
                3. Germanic
                4. Russian
                5. Norse
                6. Spanish
                7. Italian
                8. Portugese
                9. Basque...

                These scores went down from last update:
                1. Balkan
                2. Finno Ugrian
                3. Greek...

                This score stayed the same from last update:
                1. Ashkenazi

                Maria

                Comment


                • Slight increase on one population...

                  Central Asian panel only changed by 1.45 and that was for Roma(Eastern Slovakia) otherwise the other 8 were the same results... Then there were 11 results under 1..

                  Maria

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by PDHOTLEN View Post
                    I sometimes wonder about the Czech Republic. What happened to the tribes who were there prior to the Slavic invasion? I saw on a travelog about that country that there is a difference in temperament between Bohemians and Moravians. Does that have to do with ethnic roots? Have all the Sudeten Germans, themselves of different origins, really been expelled, or have some remained and melted into the Czech population?
                    Julius Caesar (ca 50 BC) writes in "De Bello Gallico", how he drove the Boii, Aedii, and Helvetii to migrate from their tribal homes in Celtic Gaul, and boasted of the great reduction in their numbers that he wrought. He implies they were witless barbarians, but undercuts himself by describing the captured Census Book they kept,"..written in Greek characters, listing by age and sex and suitability for military service.."
                    The Boii ended up inserted in what came to be called "Boimia", now spelt Bohemia. This would be half a millennium before the Slavic immmigrations.

                    Comment


                    • Hi Maria,
                      Can I just ask, your Asian results you quote in your signature for DeCodeMe, what do they mean? Like you have so many percentages on a line are you quoting the percentage for each chromosome? They seem quite high for some (38.8% etc) compared to your score overall, do they break each chromosome down for you? I suppose there's no way of knowing which parent it came from either but your actual Native ancestry was 350 years ago, so where are they getting these high scores from?
                      Last edited by burto; 27 March 2009, 01:44 PM.

                      Comment


                      • 359 instead of 450...

                        Burto,
                        The Asian results are very complicated... I will ask them how they figured the percentage. I think the 6% and 9% are very simplified and just crude measurements. Then you go to the raw data in the genome browser and it has a ancestry line for each chromosome where you run across the whole chromosome and it showes you the lowest and progresses to the highest percentage of each ethnic group. My higest Asian percentage was on chromosome 14,on that section my score was 58.7% Asian between postion 45,747,245 and position 45,747,250. I don't quite understand it all my self.. This could be ancient readings..Going to write them and ask.

                        My known Potowomecke ancestry should read 359 years... not 450 years..Starting from around 1650's when Rev Waugh and the grandaughter of Wahangonoche had children...

                        Maria
                        Last edited by Maria_W; 27 March 2009, 03:34 PM.

                        Comment


                        • DeCodeMe...

                          By the way, I will go by the DeCodeMe results, not the 23andme....which has me at 100% European...

                          Maria

                          Comment


                          • Thanks for posting your new Europa results. If I remember correctly you have mostly British Isles ancestry with a few others like French and German. I expected that your top score would be Celtic. I dont understand the second score of Polish but maybe it represents possible Baltic or eastern German? It is probably ancient. People traveled the North Sea and the Baltic Sea for ages. Makes me think of the story of Beowulf. He traveled to what is England today from what is todays southeastern Sweden, which is across the water from Poland.

                            Comment


                            • I don't understand the decodeme either. My guess is that is deciphering the kaleidoscope of dna. Overall you are mostly European, call it purple, but with specks of green or blue or whatever, and they numbered each speck or cluster of specks, call it a chromosone, and your mostly purple has a little bit of blue, and decodeme has mapped each one and has numbered it. Well that is dna in general. It's like looking at a painting and you can see each brushstroke and colors and blending.

                              Comment


                              • After 12 genertions, the Native American autosomal influence of one Native American ancestor would amount to less than 0.1%, assuming 50/50 splits in each generation. Probably not measurable with current technology.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X