• Show
Clear All

• Kathleen Carrow
    replied
    Originally posted by tomcat View Post
    FTDNA has put-up an X Chromosome browser (like their Y browser):

http://xmap.ftdna.com/cgi-bin/gbrowse/hs_chrX/#search

GOSH Tomcat~!
    What does that mean? Is there an explanation?Let me go back and try to find out.

Leave a comment:

• tomcat
    replied
    X Chromosome browser.

FTDNA has put-up an X Chromosome browser (like their Y browser):

http://xmap.ftdna.com/cgi-bin/gbrowse/hs_chrX/#search

Leave a comment:

• Kathleen Carrow
    replied
    I tested myself and four siblings and was able to isolate both maternal haploblocks (DXS10074,75,79 note order) and the single paternal haploblock. The paternal block - 7, 13, 16 - and X profile overall is 100% Ukrainian Ashekenazi. The maternal blocks - 8, 18, 17 and 16, 17, 22 - and X profile overall is (nominally) 50-50 Upper Midwest Native American and European. Paternal is posted at DNA-F under username Pekarsky-Zacun and maternal under Dorothee. On The X STR chart at WF I am 4a and 4b1&2.
    I have tested Sister and myself , there being only the two of us luckily we each were given a separate Haploblock from Mom and of course being Siblings we share the one from Dad

At DNA-FP We are "Kathlingram" and "Kathlingram2" and I have made a profile for what Dad's was called "BillCarrow"..
    At World Families I am 1 a,b and Sister is 2a,b..
    The X haploblock( 10074,75,79) that Sister has from Mom matches more than one person at DNA-FP and those look possibly German or Danish..this is: 17,17,19.Either one is possible as we have a Swedish GGF and one of German origin
    The one I inherited matches a couple people also ..that one is this: 8,18,18
    That one is more likely to be from our larger Irish heritage and my matches lines look like that also

The one who share from Dad does not yet have a match:

Please see our X heritage on my Signature line.
    Kathleen

Leave a comment:

• tomcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow View Post
    By the way
    A person's X inheritance looks different than autosomal and some of us have adopted as a signature line at the World Families Forum our X inheritance...
    I tested myself and four siblings and was able to isolate both maternal haploblocks (DXS10074,75,79 note order) and the single paternal haploblock. The paternal block - 7, 13, 16 - and X profile overall is 100% Ukrainian Ashekenazi. The maternal blocks - 8, 18, 17 and 16, 17, 22 - and X profile overall is (nominally) 50-50 Upper Midwest Native American and European. Paternal is posted at DNA-F under username Pekarsky-Zacun and maternal under Dorothee. On The X STR chart at WF I am 4a and 4b1&2.

Leave a comment:

• Kathleen Carrow
    replied
    For those interested in the X chromosome, there is a second site where you can post your results and explore X-based relatedness:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/forum/i...p?board=2222.0

Also remember to post at: www.dna-fingerprint.com

FTDNA offers two panels of X STR markers under Advanced Tests. The three markers, DXS10074, 10075, 10079 are linked and are the most important to test.

The WorldFamilies site also accepts X SNP's from 23andMe and DeCodeMe.
    By the way
    A person's X inheritance looks different than autosomal and some of us have adopted as a signature line at the World Families Forum our X inheritance..here is mine below..interesting
    I am excited about it..

Leave a comment:

• Kathleen Carrow
    replied
    Originally posted by Deirwha View Post
    I specifically asked FTDNA about these and they told me that they did not advise further testing for me. What am I missing?
    I agree with Tomcat that the markers that can be compared such as the DXS 10074,10075,10079 are very very reasanable and I have had matches which suggest Geographic origins.

I would think it depends on who you might talk to at FTDNA..since they offer the test..

Leave a comment:

• tomcat
    replied
    Originally posted by Deirwha View Post
    I specifically asked FTDNA about these and they told me that they did not advise further testing for me. What am I missing?
    The X STR's are exploratory at this stage. FTDNA can not offer them as informative about ancestry because they may not be informative for you, or not yet, or not until the database of test results is much larger.

The WorldFamilies project is expanding the database by including X SNP's from the genome scanners. It is most likely that the linked STR's fall within a region of more widespread linkage disequilibrium, as defined by SNP's. And the X SNP's can be compared to larger population databases (HGDP-CEPH and the database of scan testees) for potential information about ancestry.

In the pay-to-play world of DNA testing, the FTDNA X STR's are a cheap ticket.

Leave a comment:

• Deirwha
    replied
    confused

Leave a comment:

• tomcat
    replied
    For those interested in the X chromosome, there is a second site where you can post your results and explore X-based relatedness:

http://www.worldfamilies.net/forum/i...p?board=2222.0

Also remember to post at: www.dna-fingerprint.com

FTDNA offers two panels of X STR markers under Advanced Tests. The three markers, DXS10074, 10075, 10079 are linked and are the most important to test.

The WorldFamilies site also accepts X SNP's from 23andMe and DeCodeMe.

Leave a comment:

• tomcat
    replied
    Someday, some version of this fascinating analytical technique may be applied to whole genome scans to disclose relatedness:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0128160833.htm

Leave a comment:

• Kathleen Carrow
    replied
    World Families STR Chart

WOW check it out~!
    World Families Forum on X markers has added 106 datasets of the STR markers..
    Thanks to Ghost X who is doing an awesome job.
    Everyone should check it out..

Leave a comment:

• tomcat
    replied
    Posted at WorldFamilies. So glad I never have to struggle with DNA Forums' onerous security, or whatever it is - belief in their own specialness, refusal to grant access to people like me? I have dumped the email with my last log-in verification.

Leave a comment:

• DKF
    replied
    Originally posted by rucksack View Post
    Well,

I've tried to log into the forum for the X files.

I've already got an ID for ancestry.com, which was the way I was able to get to the forum.

I tried to see where I could leave a post, and didn't find anything, except a place that said to log in.

I attempted to "log in" and it said that it did not recognize me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
    I think the problem is that you are not at the World Families.net site. At the bottom of the link I gave is the URL that will take you to WF. It has nothing to do with Ancestry.com.

Leave a comment:

• PDHOTLEN
    replied
    me too

I logged in to the X-Forum using the same ID & password I use for the U5 Forum, etc. I suggest that you check the "stay logged on" box.

U5b2 (11653G) & R1a1a*

Leave a comment:

• rucksack
    replied
    Well,

I've tried to log into the forum for the X files.

I've already got an ID for ancestry.com, which was the way I was able to get to the forum.

I tried to see where I could leave a post, and didn't find anything, except a place that said to log in.

I attempted to "log in" and it said that it did not recognize me.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Originally posted by DKF View Post
    Hello all fellow X addicts, those for whom "The X Files" means a great new way to explore both deep and recent ancestry. The new forum hosted by World Families is ready to go. Here is some info and a link to the new site:

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.co...-01/1232408407

Please join myself and a very diverse group of interested folk entering this brave new world of DNA ancestry testing. You may be entering uncharted territory, but that is part of the fun. I have already reaped substantial rewards with this form of research, and hopefully over the next few months many of you will also be able to say much the same.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X