Mtdna haplotype H7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mtdna haplotype H7

I am extremely confused about my refined haplogroup results. I do not have a clear picture whatsoever of where mtdna haplotype h7 comes from . I know that haplotype H is Western Europe, but what about the 7 ? Is it French,English,Irish,Scottish...what?????..Please help. It was an extra amount of $ for the haplotype refinement, but what good is it if I don't know the meaning of it.

Candy

Hang in there. This is fairly new technology breaking down the H mtDNA results. As more people go through getting result the more brighter the picture will be.

Comment

Haplogroup H7

I contacted Mr. Greenspan. His reply was similar to yours. As more are tested, results will be clearer.....basically wait and see.So far there are 4 people with H7 haplotype with mutation 16519c in Hvr1.
      One from germany,one from Ireland,one from England and one from Poland.
      I suppose this gives a starting point, but I don't surmise the results will be much different. Who knows, like you both say..I'll have to wait and see.
      Thanks for your reply.

Candy

Comment

=) Some starting point that a huge area. I hope a lot more come into light soon to narrow it down. I fell into the H1* while this doesn't suprise me as my R1b is jsut as disappointing to find hard to pinpoint. It found on island, Germany, England, Scotland, Portagul(sp) and Ireland. =)

Comment

Haplotype R1b and H1

I have read that R1b in ydna is roughly the same as H in mtdna. I have also read that H7 is a derivitive of H1, at least that is what I think I read.... What I find odd is that since getting the results back from the haplotype refinement, I have a couple of hundred people that are exact matches in Hrv1(haplotype H), and a couple of dozen exact matches hrv1 (haplotype H1) and 4 in hrv1(haplotype H7) and a couple exact matches in hrv1 (haplotype Hv).
          What does this mean? It seems I have more people that I match in Haplotype H1.Why do I only match a few in sub clade H7, when that is what I have been designated to?Hmmm..I wish I understood

Comment

H Subclades explained

Please refer to the following page for an explanation of several H Subclades.
            http://www.ftdna.com/hclade2.html
            There is also a link to this page from your personal mtDNA results area.
            We will update that page with more subclades details as the scientific community publishes additional papers
            Max Blankfeld
            Vice-President and COO @ Family Tree DNA
            A Gene by Gene Company

Comment

reference page to sub-clades

Thank you.I have read the explanation sheet about haplotype H subclades. It makes no mention of H7. Hopefully in the near future, there will be an explanation for my designated Haplotype of H7.I will look forward to it soon.

Comment

Get a clearer pic of H7

Candy, I was tested and I was also told my HVR1 haplogroup is H7. I have HVR1 differences at 16162G, 16209C and 16519C. But if I read the haplogroup description correctly, I think I'm a H1a Did you ever find out anything more concrete about your H7 status?

Comment

Here is an interesting graph of the subhaplogroups of mtDNA H:

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/conten...209f03_4c.jpeg

This graph is in this article:

http://mbe.oxfordjournals.org/cgi/co...ull/21/11/2012

Comment

H7 haplogroup

Igmayka, thanks for the graph...but now I'm not sure why I was mtDNA refined to H7 and not H1a. H1a has more of my HVR1 diff listed. Still

Comment

The defining mutation for H7 is 4793G. FTDNA does not list this mutation on your result page. However, they should have tested for it to place you in H7.

Comment

Originally posted by admin
                        Please refer to the following page for an explanation of several H Subclades.
                        http://www.ftdna.com/hclade2.html
                        There is also a link to this page from your personal mtDNA results area.
                        We will update that page with more subclades details as the scientific community publishes additional papers
                        I would like to see some 25 marker R1B sequences from the Urghur Region. Do you know of any?

Comment

sorry...just a little off topic....

I am a haplo H...honest!

Comment

H7 with sub. mutation 16519c

I'm happy to see that there are others like me wondering what H7 is all about.
                            I too have the substitute mutation 16519c.

Being a 13th generation American, I'm pretty mixed as far as ancestry, and I can trace my maternal line six generations back to Eastern North Carolina via England, Ireland or Scotland most likely.

Lynn

Comment

H7

Let me add a little more confusion to the mix. I too am H7 with maternal ancestors from Italy.

My CRS differences are 16256T, 16272G and 16352C. I have no exact matches.

Comment

Working...
                              X