Irish to Scotland after Norman Invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Magreen, Magrill, and McKinley

I am enjoying reading this thread, and this is the first time I have posted anything on this forum. I have no knowledge of the pronunciations and evolutions of the surnames you have been discussing, but I am very curious as to what you knowledgeable folks think about the three surnames above. Where did they originate, or how did the names develop over time? What are some possibilities of the ways they were previously spelled? Do they connect in any way to the surnames you have been discussing? Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by CuriousR1b1a2 View Post
      I am enjoying reading this thread, and this is the first time I have posted anything on this forum. I have no knowledge of the pronunciations and evolutions of the surnames you have been discussing, but I am very curious as to what you knowledgeable folks think about the three surnames above. Where did they originate, or how did the names develop over time? What are some possibilities of the ways they were previously spelled? Do they connect in any way to the surnames you have been discussing? Thank you!
      There is an Irish name MacGreen and Magrill may be a form of MacGrealish or MacGrillan.Mc Kinley is Scottish (MacFhionnlaoich). Good Luck.

Comment

Working...
      X