• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mothdust9
    • Sep 2008

My DNA Tribes Scores

Hi,

I just got my DNA results (21 marker) from DNA Tribes and I thought I would share them here. I'm in the mtDNA haplogroup W, by the way. These are my High resolution native results and the global are pretty much the same.

Kuwait (0.94) 44,019.23, Iran (0.99) 31,293.69, Upper Southern Egypt (0.92) 21,010.28, Xeutes Majorca Spain (0.92) 19,223.04, Ashkenazi Hungary (0.86) 18,100.33, Guinea-Bissau (0.49) 15,856.23, Northern Portugal (0.91)13,226.18, Sudan (0.84) 11,227.56, Portugal (0.86)10,535.06, Dubai (United Arab Emirates) (0.96) 9,380.80, Galicia, Spain (0.88) 8,480.20, Portugal (0.85)8,116.31, Italy (0.91)7,356.71, Maghrebi (0.9)6,444.13, United Arab Emirates (0.93) 5,932.71, Italy (0.88)5,681.32, El-Minia, Egypt (0.88)5,491.79, Northern Portugal (0.81)5,264.70, Turkey (0.93)4,677.01, Portugal (0.81)3,466.47.

My top world region match was the Levantine (0.84), my second was Mesopotamian (0.81).

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Tiffany
  • tomcat
    FTDNA Customer
    • May 2005

I hope your results conform to your known ancestries. Nice big numbers!

Comment

• mothdust9
      • Sep 2008

Originally posted by tomcat
      I hope your results conform to your known ancestries. Nice big numbers!
      Well, I don't really have any known ancestries since I'm adopted. So, I'm trying to figure out my heritage with the DNA testing. So, the big numbers are good? I guess so since everything is pointing to the same place. Thank you tomcat!

Tiffany

Comment

• juan carlos
        • Jul 2006

Originally posted by mothdust9
        Well, I don't really have any known ancestries since I'm adopted. So, I'm trying to figure out my heritage with the DNA testing. So, the big numbers are good? I guess so since everything is pointing to the same place. Thank you tomcat!

Tiffany
        Very interesting. I infer you are female, so you cannot test your father's line since you don't know who your biological relatives are. But, according to these results, your dad could have been of Near Eastern ancestry, even if born in the USA. Or perhaps your mother had ancestors from that part of the world too.

Comment

• tomcat
          FTDNA Customer
          • May 2005

Originally posted by juan carlos
          Very interesting. I infer you are female, so you cannot test your father's line since you don't know who your biological relatives are. But, according to these results, your dad could have been of Near Eastern ancestry, even if born in the USA. Or perhaps your mother had ancestors from that part of the world too.
          At the risk of misleading Tiffany and making an ass of myself, I am going to disagree with the hypothesis that both parents were Near Eastern. If both were Near Eastern I think the geographic range of matches would be much tighter and the scores bigger. As it is, although most matches fall within a band of latitude, they oscillate, in order, east to west. My guess would be that one parent was of a western ancestry and one of a more easterly extraction. Bearing in mind that all western matches are qualified by the presence of eastern genetics and vice versa.

Comment

• tomcat
            FTDNA Customer
            • May 2005

Well, I don't really have any known ancestries since I'm adopted. So, I'm trying to figure out my heritage with the DNA testing. So, the big numbers are good? I guess so since everything is pointing to the same place. Thank you tomcat! Tiffany
            Tiffany,
            My mother was adopted so I have some sympathy for your predicament. If you have exhausted all bureaucratic means of accessing your birth records, whole or in part, and your only recourse is DNA, I have two suggestions:
            1) Order the DNATribes Extended Report. This is a supplement to the standard analysis that matches you to all populations in the Tribes database. It only costs about $25. Although we all expect high-scoring definitive matches from Tribes, in fact lesser matches may be instructive on ancestry if they tend to cluster in specific geographies. Even non-matches, less than 1.00, rule-out ancestries and focus possibilities.
            2) Save that $25 and more until you have amassed the $399 needed for the 23andMe genome scan (www.23andme.com) that samples 600,000 SNP's across your 22 autosomal chromosomes, semi-autosomal X chromosome and mitochondrion. Check it out.

Comment

• mothdust9
              • Sep 2008

Hi Tomcat,

Thank you for your help I do have my extended match results and all my highest numbers are in the Middle East and South America. My lowest numbers are European countries (except Spain and Italy), and my non-matches are all East Asian, Central Asian, and African (except upper Egypt).

Thanks,
              Tiffany

Comment

• tomcat
                FTDNA Customer
                • May 2005

So, with no East or Central Asian matches (that could indicate Native American ancestry) your South American matches must be predicated on European ancestry (Tribes does find "Mestizo" among Europeans). Spain and Portugal are the main source ancestries but many other Europeans emigrated. How do your low-scoring European matches rank?

Comment

• mothdust9
                  • Sep 2008

Ok, I just found #60 Greece (0.83), #66 Croatia (0.79), #80 Turkey (0.85), and further down after the first 100 and some matches are countries in the UK (Scotland, Wales, Ireland) and Eastern Europe(Slovenia, Poland, Hungary, Russia, Austria) at 0.6 and less. Turkey, Italy, Spain, and Portugal are listed multiple times with fairly high numbers.

Tiffany

Comment

• mothdust9
                    • Sep 2008

Also, Mestizo is listed at rank #3 Cesar and Guajira, Colombia (0.93) 33,180.42.

Tiffany

Comment

• tomcat
                      FTDNA Customer
                      • May 2005

Ok, I just found #60 Greece (0.83), #66 Croatia (0.79), #80 Turkey (0.85), and further down after the first 100 and some matches are countries in the UK (Scotland, Wales, Ireland) and Eastern Europe(Slovenia, Poland, Hungary, Russia, Austria) at 0.6 and less. Turkey, Italy, Spain, and Portugal are listed multiple times with fairly high numbers.

Tiffany
                      It seems then, other than Spain and Portugal, your only European matches (greater than 1.0) are in Greece, the Balkans, the British Isles and Ireland. Question?

Comment

• mothdust9
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by tomcat
                        It seems then, other than Spain and Portugal, your only European matches (greater than 1.0) are in Greece, the Balkans, the British Isles and Ireland. Question?
                        Correct. I also think you are right about my maternal side being the mid-east influence and the South American from the paternal because of the Middle Eastern connections the W haplogroup seems to have. That's just my guess, but I'm still learning about all this stuff.

Thanks,
                        Tiffany

Comment

• tomcat
                          FTDNA Customer
                          • May 2005

Tiffany,

You might post your Mitosearch User ID. You can add it as a Signature via Private Messages function.

Comment

• mothdust9
                            • Sep 2008

My mitosearch ID is 4U4N4.

Comment

Working...
                            X