DNA Facts but who know about it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA Facts but who know about it?

It's been like years and I'd like to know if we can ever get our Haplogroups recognized as part of our official Identity in this Country-U.S.A.

DNA and privacy.

Originally posted by Jambalaia32
    It's been like years and I'd like to know if we can ever get our Haplogroups recognized as part of our official Identity in this Country-U.S.A.
    Yes, you can expect that to happen, given enough time, societal evolution, and of course genetic research, much of it in other countries.
    My estimate is, about 200 years from now.

One of the major obstacles in USA will be the Declaration of Independence, which states that "all men (=people) are created equal", a principle which strongly influences the Federal Constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by derinos
      Yes, you can expect that to happen, given enough time, societal evolution, and of course genetic research, much of it in other countries.
      My estimate is, about 200 years from now.

One of the major obstacles in USA will be the Declaration of Independence, which states that "all men (=people) are created equal", a principle which strongly influences the Federal Constitution.

There would be another obstacle. All people who's DNA turn up American Indian that do not belong to a tribe ( proof on paper ) in the US are not permitted to call themselves Indian.

Comment

Working...
      X