High -Resolution Match ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High -Resolution Match ?

Hello ; I have just recently had a high -resolution MtDNA match with someone , who lists their maternal country of origin as Egypt. I have checked with Familytree , & they say I have a very common MtDNA . yes, but it does seem unusual.to me ! I am ' H " , CRS , + 16519 C on HVR1 & , 152C , 315.1C , 263G ( the last two are very common , ). I dont know whether this is a " private " participant , or the latest person on my high-res. match list, he has not yet responded to my e-mail. Would love to hear any comments , Thank you , KAT.

Originally posted by kat
    Hello ; I have just recently had a high -resolution MtDNA match with someone , who lists their maternal country of origin as Egypt. I have checked with Familytree , & they say I have a very common MtDNA . yes, but it does seem unusual.to me ! I am ' H " , CRS , + 16519 C on HVR1 & , 152C , 315.1C , 263G ( the last two are very common , ). I dont know whether this is a " private " participant , or the latest person on my high-res. match list, he has not yet responded to my e-mail. Would love to hear any comments , Thank you , KAT.

i looked at your profile for sex couldnt see it. are you female?
    if you are has any family male done y any idea on what halopgroup you would be?

Comment

High-Resolution Match

Hello ; My haplogroup is " H " , Helena , already mentioned in my previous post & I am female . . I am curious about a match ( High - resolution ) with ancestry in Egypt , since Helena is a European haplogroup.Thanks , KAT.

Comment

Originally posted by kat
        Hello ; My haplogroup is " H " , Helena , already mentioned in my previous post & I am female . . I am curious about a match ( High - resolution ) with ancestry in Egypt , since Helena is a European haplogroup.Thanks , KAT.

I am the irish of the irish and i am EB3 ????
        check the EB3 maps none in ireland

Comment

Originally posted by kat
          Hi Kat,

The frequency of haplogroup H in Egypt is about 18%, almost half of which are CRS like you (the data doesn't include 16519C nor HVR2, so its impossible to say what percentage match you exactly).
          It is the second most common haplogroup in Egypt (haplogroup T is the most common at 22%)
          I have no idea how recent 152C might be, but I suspect that a high resolution match with someone in Egypt isn't actually as odd as it initially might seem.

Angela.

Comment

High-resolution match -Egypt

Hi List & Angela ; Thank you for responding , Would you have any idea ,how far back in time , a high -resolution match would be ? And what connection between Egypt & Europe ( migration ) ?? when ? Thank you, KAT.

Comment

Originally posted by kat
              Hi List & Angela ; Thank you for responding , Would you have any idea ,how far back in time , a high -resolution match would be ? And what connection between Egypt & Europe ( migration ) ?? when ? Thank you, KAT.
              Hi Kat,

A high resolution match (like a low resolution match) might possibly go back thousands of years. A high resolution match per se. doesn't neccessarily infer a significantly more recent common ancestry than a low resolution match - it depends on when your specific sequence changes actually occurred.

In the mitochondrial concordance for HVR2, there are people from the UK, Iceland and Turkey with your three HVR2 mutations - so, given that Iceland was colonised before 1000AD, I'd say that the most recent the last mutation could possibly be would be 1000 years ago. It could very well be far more distant than that.

mtDNA Haplogroup H is thought to have originated in Europe, so most likely at multiple points in history women from europe migrated through the middle east to Northern Africa (the migration probably taking multiple generations, - ie. in most cases probably not a direct migration), probably including the maternal ancestor of your Egyptian match.
              When did the latter occur? - it could have been any time from tens of thousands of years ago, to quite recently.....

Angela.

Comment

High-Resolution match-Egypt

Hi Angela; Thank you for your very informative response. I also have matches in Tuscany on the Mit. Concordance. I m everywhere ! Thanks , KAT.

Comment

Re: 16519C, 315.1C, 152C, 263G

Dear Kat:

I have all 4 of the mutations which you mention: 16519.1C, 152C, 315.1C and 263G. However, I am not in Haplogroup H but in Haplogroup L1c. In our members who have done their mtDNA (30 to date), everyone who has had a 152C is in either haplogroup L1 or L2 with only one instance in J. If you check the Mitochondrial Concordance again, you will notice that although 152C is found in Chinese, Japanese and a few other ethnic groups, it is overwhelmingly found in the L haplogroup. Both 16519C and 315.1C can occur in many other Haplogroups so they are very common mutations and not rare at all. 263G occurs in our L1, L2, and L3 members. It is also found in Haplogroup A but from our mtDNA results, it appears to be much less frequent. It can be found in a few other groups as well.

My haplotype is very old (I have 28 mutations) so if I am not mistaken, I imagine that 152C may have been around for quite awhile.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Haplogroup X

I would like find people with my mtdna Billy Sinor

Hvri 16189C
                    16223T
                    16271C
                    16278T
                    16519C

Hvr2 73 g
                    153G
                    195C