Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jim Barrett
    replied
    Please see my reply to your question in the SMGF thread.

Leave a comment:

• freckles
    Guest replied
    Any more thoughts on SMGF?

It's been more than 6 months since the last post on this thread. Any changes or improvements in, or new thoughts about, SMGF? Are they processing any faster these days, or even more slowly?

Leave a comment:

• darroll
    replied
    Originally posted by Yaffa
    Im not understanding your post. You match my cousin??? I am just trying to figure out her HG for her. My cousin and I are related on the male side. She does not have the same MT as me.
    No reason to answer this as it got trumped..... Anyway...

Leave a comment:

• Yaffa
    replied
    ????

Originally posted by darroll
    We also have an exact match on SMGF. But the information is hidden.
    I now avoid that web site. d
    Im not understanding your post. You match my cousin??? I am just trying to figure out her HG for her. My cousin and I are related on the male side. She does not have the same MT as me.

Leave a comment:

• darroll
    replied
    Originally posted by Yaffa
    Can anyone help me determine what my cousin's HG is on MT-DNA at SMGF. Account is under Trussell in TN

Thank you in advance
    We also have an exact match on SMGF. But the information is hidden.
    I now avoid that web site. d

Leave a comment:

• Yaffa
    replied
    Need Help

Can anyone help me determine what my cousin's HG is on MT-DNA at SMGF. Account is under Trussell in TN

Thank you in advance

Leave a comment:

• Krumlov
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by FredSpringer
    six years
    Yes I would also say it has been lost. The only other thing I could suggest is did you try searching with a number of different surnames up the maternal line. If they made a typo with the surname you have been searching for then you would never find it!

Leave a comment:

• rivergirl
    replied
    I don't know about hanging in there, six years after my test, still no mtDNA data. I am starting to lose faith.
    6 years is an awful time to wait. Did you get your yDNA?
    Have you emailed SMGF at any stage to ask what is going on.
    I know I never actually got a answer to if they had my kit, or if it got through the lab ok, just the advice to wait until the next udate.
    But after 6 years I'd be of the opinion that the kit failed in the lab.

Leave a comment:

• Cats
    replied
    I don't know about hanging in there, six years after my test, still no mtDNA data. I am starting to lose faith.
    >

My lst email to SMGF said if they weren't posted in 2 years they would try and find out why. However, if I were you I would have them redone AND pursue the location of the other test if they can still find any trace of it.

Leave a comment:

• FredSpringer
    replied
    Originally posted by rivergirl
    Cats, I posted my uncles test to SMGF in Oct 2006.
    I have an account at Genetree for my mtDNA tested at FTDNA. Last week I did a surname search and found my uncles mtDNA was listed.
    I just have to wait for the SMGF update to see the results, as I cant transfer his results to Genetree.
    Hang in there, they will have to update soon.

Leave a comment:

• Cats
    replied
    Originally posted by rivergirl
    Cats, Hang in there, they will have to update soon.
    I got the email about the update and finally found my mothers DNA after 18 months!

Leave a comment:

• Krumlov
    Guest replied
    To answer the OP I have had my mtDNA results and y-DNA results on SMGF for quite a while (and tested within 18 months). My father's results have been expanded as a result of the update a few days ago. So I don't think there is a conspiracy, in fact I have been very happy with the speed from this essentially free service!

Leave a comment:

• Yaffa
    replied
    Smgf

Originally posted by RegRiv
    I believe my Mtdna results are on Sorenson's site. I got a glimpse of my last name on the list... but their website has been inaccessible since then. Are there any tips for viewing/extracting the results from the site - once it's functioning again?
    I used it last week and you are right, it is now not working.

Leave a comment:

• RegRiv
    replied
    I believe my Mtdna results are on Sorenson's site. I got a glimpse of my last name on the list... but their website has been inaccessible since then. Are there any tips for viewing/extracting the results from the site - once it's functioning again?

Leave a comment:

• Cats
    replied
    Jim

Thanks for offering to look up my stuff. I am on vacation in the library for internet access. I will take you up on your kind offer when I return. Thank you.

Linda

Leave a comment:

Working...
X