Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meaning of EURO-DNA 2.0 Continental European?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meaning of EURO-DNA 2.0 Continental European?

I was wondering what other people have thought about the meaning of the Continental European type ancestry from the EURO-DNA 2.0 test? Where do you think it originated and what does it mean?

Could you explain more

I do not know to what you are referring.

Comment

Originally posted by Deirwha
      I do not know to what you are referring.

It is one of the population groups from the EURO-DNA 2.0 test.

Comment

maybe you could say more

I think I would like to know what you are talking about and I do not know the first thing. Sorry for the ignorance, but since you have raised the topic, it has tweaked my interest. Maybe there are others out there who could use a summary to "get oriented" to the topic. I would most appreciate.

Comment

Originally posted by Deirwha
          I think I would like to know what you are talking about and I do not know the first thing. Sorry for the ignorance, but since you have raised the topic, it has tweaked my interest. Maybe there are others out there who could use a summary to "get oriented" to the topic. I would most appreciate.

Here check this out:
          http://ancestrybydna.com/welcome/pro...nual/index.php

The EURO-DNA 2.0 manual is the second part of the page.

Comment

Euro 2 info

Thanks. Now that I read what it offers I wonder if genetics is developed enough to do what it suggests it can do. I just don't see the data base being there from which to draw such conclusions. I don't see that sufficient testing of grave site populations has been done to provide a "control" for conclusions about ethnic heritage. Example: I tested S29/198, but I am within a genetic distance of 4 of Ashkenazi25 in the YSearch database and the 21 people who "match" me within a genetic distance of 2 on the 25 marker Y chromosome test ... NOT ONE belongs to the S29/198 group. All belong to one of 5 other haplogroups. Each of these haplogroups and subgroups has been associated in speculation, some no doubt very enlightened, with different cultural affiliations that at least in some minds are ethnic ... ex: S29/198 has been theorized to be associated with the Anglo Saxons, the Flemish, the Dutch, England, and is considered "downstream" of S21 which has been associated at times with La Tene and also with earlier cultures. I am not sure we have time references and baselines from which to make a judgement about these groups. For instance, during the last Ice Age England and the Nederlands were, at one point, connected by a land bridge, I understand. So, color me skeptical.

Comment

Working...
            X