Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

6 new autosomal STR's from FTDNA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 6 new autosomal STR's from FTDNA

    FTDNA is ofering 6 new STR's at [email protected] or the lot for $55. One, D9, might be of interest to those investigating Native American ancestry. This topic is more fully covered on the DNA-Genealogy Rootsweb thread. I suppose DNA-Fingerprint's Amatch will accomodate these new STR's.

  • #2
    Originally posted by tomcat
    FTDNA is ofering 6 new STR's at [email protected] or the lot for $55. One, D9, might be of interest to those investigating Native American ancestry. This topic is more fully covered on the DNA-Genealogy Rootsweb thread. I suppose DNA-Fingerprint's Amatch will accomodate these new STR's.
    Tom
    What are the other ones signicant for?

    Comment


    • #3
      I don't know. As of this moment DNA-F Amatch doesn't have any of them listed. Uni-Duesseldorf does have incidence data for CD4 but not for D9, D10, D12, D14 or D22. Same deal at the NIST strbase site (where you get Omnipop).
      Last edited by tomcat; 18 July 2008, 01:02 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Can't find D9S919....

        Where are we suppose to order this D9S919 marker from. I don't see it listed anywhere on the site. I went to Rootsweb and saw that someone ordered it from his personal page. No such luck.... What about the others?

        Maria

        Comment


        • #5
          Order it off your FTDNA personal page from under: Order Tests and Upgrades, then; Advanced Tests.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tomcat
            FTDNA is ofering 6 new STR's at [email protected] or the lot for $55. One, D9, might be of interest to those investigating Native American ancestry. This topic is more fully covered on the DNA-Genealogy Rootsweb thread. I suppose DNA-Fingerprint's Amatch will accomodate these new STR's.

            Do you have a link to that thread?


            Originally posted by tomcat
            I don't know. As of this moment DNA-F Amatch doesn't have any of them listed. Uni-Duesseldorf does have incidence data for CD4 but not for D9, D10, D12, D14 or D22. Same deal at the NIST strbase site (where you get Omnipop).

            Comment


            • #7
              http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.co...-07/1216396844

              Comment


              • #8
                Thank you.

                The D9S sounds interesting.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I just looked at their archive. They have posts about DNA Print from before I was born! I had thought DNA Print was a newish company (5 years or so).
                  http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.co...-02/0004663326

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    No,...

                    Originally posted by rainbow
                    They have posts about DNA Print from before I was born!
                    No, the "1970" was responding to 2003, so it must have been an error...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      No it isn't....

                      I must be living in another universe becasue it is NOT on my personal page anywhere.... At the bottom of the page it says additional SNP information. Thats it.....

                      Maria

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Maria_W
                        I must be living in another universe becasue it is NOT on my personal page anywhere.... At the bottom of the page it says additional SNP information. Thats it.....

                        Maria
                        They are on my personal page, as Autosomal Panel 3, but not on my wife's
                        page. We both have tested Panels 1 & 2?????

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Not here either

                          I do not have them on my personal page either..others in the surname groups I have DO have them..
                          they don't love me

                          Seriously I wrote to Ashley to see how come..I am sure it is a glitch that will be corrected..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by jaynegen
                            No, the "1970" was responding to 2003, so it must have been an error...
                            Oh, ok. It said 1970. Range of error is 33 years? lol That's a big error.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
                              I do not have them on my personal page either..others in the surname groups I have DO have them..
                              they don't love me

                              Seriously I wrote to Ashley to see how come..I am sure it is a glitch that will be corrected..
                              So far, from reading all the comments from everyone on this thread, I see that men can access it/have it on their page, but none of the women can. Is this D9S only for men?

                              I think I'll wait until DNA Tribes get it, if they get it, because I don't have Omnipop and open office.
                              And would the D9S tell people what region their Native American dna is from? From the northeast? Iroquois? southwest? Alaska? Peru? etc.
                              I would want to know the region it's from.
                              As of now my only Native American panel match is to Athabaskan Alaskan at 1.06, but my global top match is to Puerto Rico. Those two places are very far apart. My world region gives me a bunch of matches. I have a match to Mestizo. My highest Amerindian world region non-match is Salishan at 0.07.
                              Last edited by rainbow; 19 July 2008, 08:59 AM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X