Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greek DNA project

Hello,

In the coming months I will also accept individuals ,that have non-Greek ancestry/non- Greek surnames and who match with a Greek at 25+ markers.As population studies have shown in the past there has been geneflow from the ancient Greek world into countries like Italy etc.The results of the above individuals will be used ONLY for comparison.

Regards.
    Costa Tsirigakis

Founder and admin Greek DNA project

Originally posted by CNT
    Hello,

In the coming months I will also accept individuals ,that have non-Greek ancestry/non- Greek surnames and who match with a Greek at 25+ markers.As population studies have shown in the past there has been geneflow from the ancient Greek world into countries like Italy etc.The results of the above individuals will be used ONLY for comparison.

Regards.
    Costa Tsirigakis

Cool stuff there Costa. I have some matches in Greece but I do not have a 25+ marker match with anyone from Greece. Maybe someday I will though as my lineage is from Calabria.

Comment

19/25 with Greek (1)
      11/12 with Greek (1)
      10/12 with Greek (2)

22/25 with Italian (Sicily)

off the target
      Last edited by rsychev; 16 June 2008, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by J Man
        Cool stuff there Costa. I have some matches in Greece but I do not have a 25+ marker match with anyone from Greece. Maybe someday I will though as my lineage is from Calabria.
        I'll probably have things set up by the end of the year - too busy now.

There are a few close matches with Italians and other countries in the Greek project - 24/25,31/37,34/37....etc

I am the 34/37 with a northern Italian - Veneto

Please bear in mind that in most cases these people do not wish to communicate.Greek project members,that wish to make their results public have already added their results to the Y search database - so anyone who is interested should contact them via that database.

Regards,
        Costa

Comment

Originally posted by rsychev
          19/25 with Greek (1)
          11/12 with Greek (1)
          10/12 with Greek (2)

22/25 with Italian (Sicily)

off the target
          Roman,

Better luck next time !

Seriously speaking still interesting though.

Regards,
          Costa

Comment

Originally posted by J Man
            http://www.rootsworld.com/griko/ Greek villages southern Italy.

Also Greek minister visited the Greek villages of southern Italy :

http://tiny.cc/hFN4E

Regards,
            Costa

Comment

Originally posted by CNT
              http://www.rootsworld.com/griko/ Greek villages southern Italy.

Also Greek minister visited the Greek villages of southern Italy :

http://tiny.cc/hFN4E

Regards,
              Costa
              http://blog.360.yahoo.com/blog-7a.Qh...E-?cq=1&p=1322

Found this interesting blog on the same theme - view the videos.

Regards,
              Costa

Comment

Originally posted by CNT
                Hello,

Regards.
                Costa Tsirigakis

Hello Costa,

And how will individuals know that they match someone in your project? You will you be sending exclusive invitations?

Regards,
                Victor Villarreal
                www.haplozone.net/e3b/project

Comment

Originally posted by Victor
                  Hello Costa,

And how will individuals know that they match someone in your project? You will you be sending exclusive invitations?

Regards,
                  Victor Villarreal
                  www.haplozone.net/e3b/project
                  Hello Victor,

1) The Greek DNA project accepts results from all DNA testing companies - this broader project should not be confused with the Greek DNA group at FTDNA.

2) For those, that have tested with FTDNA - Who ( non -Greek ) would be eligible to join ?

The Individual would need to match at 25+ STRs with Greek ( so minimum of 37 markers needed for both parties).FTDNA only shows mismatches up to a genetic distance of 4, so a problem arises if someone mismatches for eg. at 28/37 - but if a person matches at say 24/25, 25/25 and has tested at 37 markers then with FTDNA's cooperation and the consent of both parties we can find out what the genetic distance at 37 markers is.

3) For those, that have tested with other DNA testing companies then the individual (non -Greek ) would have to provide me with proof of a 25+ marker match with a Greek -Ysearch or other database entry.

Please note,that anyone who would be eligible would have to provide the project with full contact details, results would have to be checked for accuracy .etc .The finer details and conditions of joining will be announced when I am ready to set all this up which should be towards the end of the year.

Caveat : Please note that in some cases the geneflow will be for eg. from Italy etc towards Greece rather than the other way around.

I hope,that I have given sufficient explanation .

Best regards,
                  Costa Tsirigakis

Greek DNA project

Comment

Working...
                  X