Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
    This is the massage from FTDNA

The lab reviewed the pherograms for kits M3704 and M4004.
    > Upon re-evaluation of the pherograms for each sample, the lab
    > reassigned the value of 18 to DYS#388 for sample M3704.
    > This change is now reflected in our database and a new certificate for
    > the values of M3704 will be sent. We apologize for this error in
    > reporting

Regards
    Gulf
    Thanks, Gulf. This also makes more sense now to have the third person clustered with you and your cousin, since he's 17. I haven't had a chance to look up the article Jim referred me to, but although YCAII may be useful in clustering, I'm still betting on DYS388 as a stronger basis for J1 subgrouping.

Vinnie

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie View Post
      Thanks, Gulf. This also makes more sense now to have the third person clustered with you and your cousin, since he's 17. I haven't had a chance to look up the article Jim referred me to, but although YCAII may be useful in clustering, I'm still betting on DYS388 as a stronger basis for J1 subgrouping.

Vinnie
      hpgl.stanford.edu/publications/HG_2004_v114_p127-148.pdf

Excavating Y-chromosome haplotype strata in Anatolia. Cinnioğlu C, King R, Kivisild T, Kalfoğlu E, Atasoy S, Cavalleri GL, Lillie AS, Roseman CC, Lin AA, et al.

Strictly speaking, they identified a cluster of J1 with DYS388=13 in Anatolia and the Caucasus. Whether the few Bedouin, Arab, and European cases are descended from the same common ancestor or are from independent mutations, I don't know.

Regards,
      Jim

Comment

Working...
      X