mtDNA FGS Certificates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mtDNA FGS Certificates

Is there going to be a Family Tree DNA FGS Certificates pretty soon? I would like to have one.

Good question....

Thats a good question. I had mind done about 1 1/2 years ago and no
    certificate.....

Maria

Comment

If I wanted to know!

Originally posted by Maria_W
      Thats a good question. I had mind done about 1 1/2 years ago and no certificate.....Maria
      If I wanted to know if FTDNA was going to provide something I would ask them.

Comment

$10.00 for FGS certificates...

Just talked to a man from FTDNA about the FGS certificates and they don't automatically send them to you. I was told that the price is 10.00 and will arrive in 2 weeks. So......

Maria

Comment

Just talked to a man from FTDNA about the FGS certificates and they don't automatically send them to you. I was told that the price is 10.00 and will arrive in 2 weeks. So......
          Maria
          I suggest you speak to somebody else there for confirmation of that. I've been automatically sent a free certificate for every major test I've had done at FTDNA this year, including my Y-DNA67 test, HVR1/2 test, mtDNA deep-clade test, and FGS test.

Maybe they've changed their policy very recently?

Comment

Free now....

Now they say that I am going to get it free becasue I have spent so much money with them....

Maria

Comment

Now they say that I am going to get it free becasue I have spent so much money with them....
              Ahhh, that's better! Maybe that's why they sent the certificates to me in the first place... because I started off with an expensive test right from the beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostX
                Ahhh, that's better! Maybe that's why they sent the certificates to me in the first place... because I started off with an expensive test right from the beginning.
                Did they also send a report with background information? I'm curious to know if they have changed their verbiage about TMRCA since I got mine a couple of years ago (when the test cost $895!). They gave the 50% probability of finding a common ancestor for a perfect match as five generations. I think that's far too optimistic (but I'm not ready to commit to another figure, either).

Comment

Originally posted by Ann Turner
                  Did they also send a report with background information? I'm curious to know if they have changed their verbiage about TMRCA since I got mine a couple of years ago (when the test cost $895!). They gave the 50% probability of finding a common ancestor for a perfect match as five generations. I think that's far too optimistic (but I'm not ready to commit to another figure, either).
                  Yes, I got that report too, Ann, when I got my FGS results in April of this year. They reported a 50% probability that the MRCA lived no longer than 5 generations ago, for a perfect match, increasing to 24 generations for 3 differences. They also provided 75% and 90% probability levels.

Comment

Working...
                  X