X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vinnie
    replied
    Originally posted by honeychild51943
    Hi I got my long awaited results and can't make heads or tails of it!
    HVR1 Haplogroup H
    HVR1 differences 16261T

from CRS 16519C

HVR2 differences
    from CRS 263G
    309.1C
    315.1C
    Could someone explain some of this to me please??
    Thanks so much Linda
    Linda,

In my opinion, the best thing for you to do now would be to order the relatively inexpensive Hg H subclade test so you'll know which subgroup of H you belong to. Although I *think* that your HVR1 results are a bit uncommon, you could have literally hundreds of HVR1 matches, hundreds of HVR2 matches, and possibly hundreds of HVR1 & HVR2 high resolution matches that will have no practical significance for you if you don't know your subclade. The only other test that will do the same is the much more expensive and medically relevant full genomic sequence (FGS) test. Please also consider joining the Hg H project; the administrators may be able to tell you if your HVR1 results are representative of any particular subclade (subgroup) without having to have the test done.

Vinnie
    Last edited by vinnie; 13 May 2008, 09:24 AM.

Leave a comment:

• GhostX
    replied
    Originally posted by honeychild51943
    HVR1 Haplogroup H
    HVR1 differences 16261T

from CRS 16519C

HVR2 differences
    from CRS 263G
    309.1C
    315.1C
    Thanks so much Linda
    This basically means that you have a total of 5 mutations that differ from the Cambridge Reference Sequence (which is just the first person they happened to do a full sequence on, to form a reference standard). All your other nucleotides are an exact match to the CRS, so they are not listed as mutations. HVR1 and HVR2 are just different regions of non-coding mtDNA. The ".1C" suffixes mean that you have an inserted C base at nucleotide #309 and 315, respectively (an insertion is one type of mutation). The letters without a ".1" are substitution mutations (a different type of mutation), where one base got substituted for another.

Really the best thing you can do with your mutations to start, is enter them into the databases at www.mitosearch.com (you can transfer them over automatically from FTDNA) and www.smgf.org, and see if anybody else shares all of your mutations. You can also get lots of useful info at www.mitomap.org.

Let us know if any of that is unclear or didn't answer your question fully.

Leave a comment:

• honeychild51943
    Guest started a topic New Results Haplogroup H Hvr1 2/Help!!

New Results Haplogroup H Hvr1 2/Help!!

HVR1 Haplogroup H
    HVR1 differences 16261T

from CRS 16519C

HVR2 differences
    from CRS 263G
    309.1C
    315.1C
    Thanks so much Linda
Working...
X