Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U5a1a Scandinavian?

Hey everyone!
    Does my haplogroup originate in Scandinavia? How would it have gotten to Germany? And, if it's Scandinavian, would it have mixed many times with the Y-DNA haplogroup N3?

HVR1: 16192T, 16256T, 16270T, 16399G
    HVR2: 73G, 263G, 315.1C

High Resolution Matches:
    U5a1
    Ireland (1026)
    -

U5a1a
    England (1398)
    -

U5a1a
    Germany (1353)
    -

U5a1a
    Norway (176)
    -

Thanks,
    Daniel

came with Ra1a?

Norway has a population of male R1a1 that ultimately came from around the Ukraine or Poland, etc. Now they must have had their women folk, which may well have been largely U5a1. Of course I'm just speculating.

R1a1 & U5b2

Comment

Thanks for your input!
      I was just wondering if there was any admixture between my type of U5a1a (mtDNA) and the haplogroup N3 (Y-DNA)... It could have come with R1a1, but what about I1a?

Cheers!
      Daniel

Comment

I'm not well informed...

I really don't know enough to speculate beyond my personal interest in my R1a1 (Norwegian variety). But since R1a1 is implicated in the origin and spread of Indo-European, maybe the R1a1 with their female cohorts introduced Indo-European into the Scandinavian region.

I was thinking that the R1a1 in the Saami population may have come with them from behind the Ural Mountains; which would relate them more to the Hungarians (Magyar), both groups speaking Uralian languages. While the main-stream Norwegian R1a1 came from the southeast. Now the question is, who were their women, mtDNA-wise? That could be valuable info for sorting out origins. I'm thinking in terms of a LGM refugium and subsequent dispersals.

R1a1 & U5b2

Comment

Working...
        X