• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• purple flowers
    replied
    Originally posted by cacio
    gypsi323:

G is pretty common in Sicily and in the rest of Italy. In Sicily, it is about 10% of the population. So the result fits pretty well.

As for matches, unfortunately, few people have tested in Italy, so you probably won't find any. Until they do, one will have to wait. In any case, if you haven't done so, you should upload your results on ysearch, which will make it easier to compare with people.

I guess without surname, it will be hard to do much. If you had a surname, you could at least start browsing the phonebook in the town of valledolmo
    www.paginebianche.it

cacio
    it is really high in Sardinia I guess .. like 30 or 40 %

Leave a comment:

• cacio
    replied
    gypsi323:

G is pretty common in Sicily and in the rest of Italy. In Sicily, it is about 10% of the population. So the result fits pretty well.

As for matches, unfortunately, few people have tested in Italy, so you probably won't find any. Until they do, one will have to wait. In any case, if you haven't done so, you should upload your results on ysearch, which will make it easier to compare with people.

I guess without surname, it will be hard to do much. If you had a surname, you could at least start browsing the phonebook in the town of valledolmo
    www.paginebianche.it

cacio

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic Haplogroup G- Sicily

Haplogroup G- Sicily

My brother tested for Sicily as we are trying to find our Sicilian ancestors.

I have not see much discussed about this Haplogroup for Sicily. The kit number is 94826. I am the spokes person at this time. Of course this all confuses me.

We have not had much luck getting out of New York and into Sicily. I can not confirm the city where my family states our ancestors are out of. The only thing I am showing is that my grandfather "came from" Sicily. Family states he should have come from Valledolmo. But I guess I do not know where to look or am missing the family name. Plus seems the name has so many changes... so hard to decifer who is from where and if connected.

Thus far nothing regarding the DNA and any matches are coming through.

Was wondering if anyone can help with ANY KIND of info.
Working...
X