Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with McGee ydna utility

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jim Honeychuck
    replied
    Originally posted by vinnie
    Jim, thanks for the tip. That certainly would have been a lot easier than what I did, but it does seeme to have worked correctly. Why would you uncheck the "create modal"? Does it affect the outcome between the two heplotypes?
    Vinnie,

    Just because I don't know what it's for. I'm only after the TMRCA for the two cases.

    Regards,
    Jim

    Leave a comment:


  • vinnie
    replied
    Jim, thanks for the tip. That certainly would have been a lot easier than what I did, but it does seeme to have worked correctly. Why would you uncheck the "create modal"? Does it affect the outcome between the two heplotypes?

    Leave a comment:


  • Jim Honeychuck
    replied
    Vinnie,

    Put the two User IDs into the Research Tools http://www.ysearch.org/research_start.asp?uid=

    Then click Show comparative Y-DNA results.

    Then copy the result and paste it into the McGee tool.

    Differing length of place names may result in the numbers not lining up. Just delete words in one of the place names until the numbers do line up.

    Uncheck create modal haplotype and then execute.

    Jim

    Leave a comment:


  • vinnie
    replied
    Oops, I just realized that I have to uncheck more boxes since it's set up for 100 values, not 67, and to provide an i.d.
    Last edited by vinnie; 17 February 2008, 10:30 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • vinnie
    started a topic Need help with McGee ydna utility

    Need help with McGee ydna utility

    After several frustrating attempts at using the McGee utility, could someone please help me? I'm trying to compare my closest match from the J project.

    I used the FTDNA mode of the utility and I've checked only the following boxes: FTDNA order ht comp, gd, tmrca, 95% prob, 30 yrs/gen, FTDNA mutation rate.

    In the allele section, I unchecked both the "exists" and "enable" boxes for DYS19b and DYS464 e,f, and g.

    Then I entered the data. I've tried both copying & pasting from the J project and hand entering the data with one space (using the space bar) between values. However, I get error messages and extra spaces between values showing up in the debug box. The error message says the value of DYS388 is over 21; I can't figure out how it's misreading the data - it's the 8th value both in the utility and my data, and there isn't another value near it that's over 21. It also tells me to check for values or extra spaces for DYS394, 425, and 464 e-g, and I just don't see any.

    Thanks much to anyone who can help.

    Vinnie
Working...
X