Haplogroup L3f

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haplogroup L3f

Hi, I am recently new to familytreedna. I have a few questions, but I am not sure if this the right place to ask them. But I am willing to give it a try in hopes of getting more knowledgeable information.

First off, does anyone know what duplicate DNA is being used to test against all the DNA samples that are received? How is it determined that the substitution (in my case) is do the random repeats "thought" to exist in a particular ethnic background? How can it be determined that these substitutions, deletions,or insertions are not a result of poor genes, enviroment, random selection, etc....

The last question currently on my mind, relates to the six mutations (whatever that means, cause I am not a mutant. Not that would be a bad thing, any way). The first three mutations have a strong relationship to L3f, M7a, and W. What does this mean?

By the way, the results below were obtained from another site, where I only had my HVR-1 sequenced. I am waiting to receive my kit from familytreedna.

Thanks

Location........Region.......Mutation Type.......Nucleotide......Haplogroup
    16209...........HVR-1.........Substitution.............T > c...........L3f
    16218...........HVR-1.........Substitution.............C > t...........M7a
    16223...........HVR-1.........Substitution.............C > t...........W
    16292...........HVR-1.........Substitution.............C > t...........M7a1
    16311...........HVR-1.........Substitution.............T > c..........M10
    16519...........HVR-1.........Substitution.............T > c..........N

Here are the closest matches for 209-218-223-292-311-519, all in L3f1 haplogroup:

Monson 2002, Institute of Pathology, USA African Americans, 1/103
    Watson 1996, Turkana (Kenya), 1/37
    Coia 2004, Cameroon Bassa, 1/46
    Monson 2002, Armed Forces DNA Laboratory, USA African Americans, 1/49
    Monson 2002, FBI Laboratory, USA African Americans, 6/1096
    Salas 2002, Africa, 1/307
    Monson 2002, University of California, Sierra Leone, 1/109
    Pereira 2001, Mozambique, Mozambique, 1/109
    Pereira 2004, Portugal Northern, 1/187
    Barbosa 2006, Alagoas, Northeastern Brazil, 1/110
    Behar 2007, GPPP, 6/16403

Comment

Thanks Vraatyah for the information. I do have one more question. What does 6/1096 (or any other number following the information that was given)
      mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Sw33tdecent
        Thanks Vraatyah for the information. I do have one more question. What does 6/1096 (or any other number following the information that was given)
        mean?

the first number is matches count in a sample, the second one is the sample size

Valery

Comment

Working...
        X