Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Personal Page & Haplogroup

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Match

    Originally posted by Clochaire
    Jodi,

    Thanks for the response. This person who is a GD 2 match at 25 for my brother does appear on my page -- but only as a 12/12 match for me. Not as GD 1 or 4 match at 25. I know some of the GD calculation rules for multi-copy locations (e.g., 464a-d) can be complicated, but I don't think these are the culprit--the mis-match between me and my brother is 458 (i.e., I'm 18, he's 17).

    Currently my only thought is that there may be an IT problem, and the FTDNA databases may not be completely refreshed. But this came to my attention nearly 2 weeks ago.

    Anyhow, the mis-matches between your uncle and cousins are interesting. I assume these cousins are the sons of your uncle, and not sons of another uncle?

    Jack
    Jack,

    Our Surname is Hood but we seem to have had a non paternal event somewhere. We have many Matches to Gallagher. The 2 Gallagher that we match near 37 marker are confirmed cousins to each other but not to my Uncle. These 2 Gallagher Cousins are in NYC and we are in Western NC. I upped my Uncle's test to 67 marker and the closest Gallagher we have right now is 60/67. At this point we match no one!!!!!

    From what I understand 2 bothers could be off by one if a mutation occured in one of the lines in either you or your brother from your father. Some one correct me if I am wrong on this!!!!

    Jodi

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Yaffa
      Jack,

      Our Surname is Hood but we seem to have had a non paternal event somewhere. We have many Matches to Gallagher. The 2 Gallagher that we match near 37 marker are confirmed cousins to each other but not to my Uncle. These 2 Gallagher Cousins are in NYC and we are in Western NC. I upped my Uncle's test to 67 marker and the closest Gallagher we have right now is 60/67. At this point we match no one!!!!!

      From what I understand 2 bothers could be off by one if a mutation occured in one of the lines in either you or your brother from your father. Some one correct me if I am wrong on this!!!!

      Jodi
      Jodi,

      I have had my father tested for 458. It seems that it is my brother who is the mutant (yuk yuk). I guess this surprised me a little bit, since what I have read earlier suggested that mutations may increase with the age and health issues of the father. I was born 10 years after my brother, when my father had been diagnosed with diabetes, so my expectation had been that I would be the mutant.

      At any rate, I'm not sure that 60/67 is insignificant. Have you carefully considered consistency of reporting conventions? For a couple of months after getting my old man's results I considered that my brother might actually be GD of 2 at 25. But it turns out there has been a recent reporting change at DNA Heritage -- H4 there now equals FTDNA H4 +1.

      Good luck.

      Jack

      Comment


      • #18
        Interesting

        Originally posted by Clochaire
        Jodi,

        I have had my father tested for 458. It seems that it is my brother who is the mutant (yuk yuk). I guess this surprised me a little bit, since what I have read earlier suggested that mutations may increase with the age and health issues of the father. I was born 10 years after my brother, when my father had been diagnosed with diabetes, so my expectation had been that I would be the mutant.

        At any rate, I'm not sure that 60/67 is insignificant. Have you carefully considered consistency of reporting conventions? For a couple of months after getting my old man's results I considered that my brother might actually be GD of 2 at 25. But it turns out there has been a recent reporting change at DNA Heritage -- H4 there now equals FTDNA H4 +1.

        Good luck.

        Jack
        Jack,

        That is interesting that your older brother got the mutation and not you.

        The 60/67 may give us some lead but I don't think it is close. I am going to email the match anyway and see if there is any connection at all. This match just turned up yesterday.Out of all things we don't match our surname and where we are from wouldn't you know the Courthouse burnt down in the Civil War so all records that I may need are gone! With all that, we may need to find a much closer match to replace the missing paper for any kind of answer.

        Just checked the guy we match at 60/67 and we have mutations in a few different places so it is not a close match

        Jodi
        Last edited by Yaffa; 3 November 2007, 12:35 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Gene2005
          Hello, everyone
          I would like to know, what do this mean exactly,esp,. the very last part.
          E3b1 This haplogroup probably originated in eastern Africa and is about 25,000 years old. It expanded into the Mediterranean during the Pleistocene Neolithic expansion. It is currently distributed around the Mediterranean, southern Europe, and in north and east Africa. Lineages that do not belong to any of this haplogroup’s branches are found mainly in eastern and southern Africa.
          Thank you
          Gene, I think the underlined sentence means that people who are E3b (not E3b1, E3b1a, etc.) are mostly found in Africa, but not in Europe and the Middle East. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Clochaire
            Then, at the risk of becoming a pest, I will reiterate here another question regarding apparent inconsistencies in information presented on personal pages:

            My brother and I have both had Y37 tests performed. We are GD of 1 from each other. An individual appears, with contact information, as a 2 GD match at 25 on my brother's page.

            HOWEVER, that person does NOT apppear as a 3 or 1 GD match at 25 on my own page. How is this possible? Any thoughts, or are y'all out there as stymied as I am?

            Jack
            This may not answer your question, but on the top left corner of your personal page is the Groups selector and if you belong to more than one group and you switch this selector your number of matches displayed may change. Check that you and your brother have the same group selected.

            VV

            Comment


            • #21
              Thanks all

              Just dropping a line to express my grattitude to Jodi, Mike, Victor and others. There's a fairly rich range of reporting options on these personal pages, and it looks like I missed a lot of them early on.

              Have a good one.

              Jack

              Comment


              • #22
                Another thing I wish we had access to is knowing if our matches' haplogroups were deep SNP/clade results or not. For example, I've got several high resolution mtDNA results, but they're all listed as Hg H, not H7. So it would be helpful to know if any of these people just haven't been deep tested, and therefore may actually be H7, but they don't know it, or if they've been deep tested and are just H. Likewise for the yDNA results.

                Comment


                • #23
                  H & H7

                  Hi Vinnie ; I match your Mom on HVR1 & 2 , but I ve received sub-clade H 1 .I d really like to know if matching on HVR1 & 2 is less important than sub-clade or equal or whatever. Thanks ,KAT.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by kat
                    Hi Vinnie ; I match your Mom on HVR1 & 2 , but I ve received sub-clade H 1 .I d really like to know if matching on HVR1 & 2 is less important than sub-clade or equal or whatever. Thanks ,KAT.
                    Kat, I believe that when you compare mtDNA results, you should go by haplogroup first, then subclade, then mutations. I think that sharing similar mutations is common between mtDNA H subclades, although I think there are mutations that signal specific subclades. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

                    Vinnie

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X