• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Native Americn mtDNA modal values

Genealogy-DNA-List Achrives. 2007-8
    I found this on Rootsweb. It follows as:

List.

Has anyone come up with basic modal values defining mtDNA haplogroups A, B, C, D.?

Although I have Amerindian heritage, I am H1A1, but I thought it would be interesting to see what mutations I had in common. These are the results from 9 Native American mtDNA sequences. I partially matched 8 with 7 mutations and 1 with 8 mutations. The mutations that I had in common were: 73G, 263G, 750C, 1438G, 3010A, 4769G, 8860G, 15,326G.

1. Had 21 mutations. I matched 7 mutations or 33.33%
    2. Had 22 mutations. I matched 7 mutations or 31.81%
    3. Had 22 mutations. I matched 7 mutations or 31.81%
    4. Had 20 mutations. I matched 7 mutations or 35%
    5. Had 22 mutations. I matched 7 mutations or 31.81%
    6. Had 22 mutations. I matched 7 mutations or 31.81%
    7. Had 34 mutations. I matched 7 mutations or 20.50%
    8. Had 39 mutations. I matched 7 mutations or 17.94%
    9. Had 29 mutations. I matched 8 mutations or 27.58%

I had the most in commom with 4. at 35% and the lest in common with 8. at 17.94%.

Maria

Originally posted by Maria_W
    Although I have Amerindian heritage, I am H1A1, but I thought it would be interesting to see what mutations I had in common. These are the results from 9 Native American mtDNA sequences. I partially matched 8 with 7 mutations and 1 with 8 mutations. The mutations that I had in common were: 73G, 263G, 750C, 1438G, 3010A, 4769G, 8860G, 15,326G.
    It is not like this it works.

Is fully possible to have both H1A1 (European haplogroup) and Native American ancestry. Your mtDNA is only herritaged in a stricly mother mother and so on lineage, your mtDNA originated from a European women some time back and that lineage later on at some point admixted with people who also had Native American ancestors.

Comment

Mutations

Maria,

I thought that too since some of my mutations match other haplogroups, but it doesnt work that way.Ann Turner explained it to me. A lot of different haplogroups share some of the same mutations . Follow the link from SMGF and it shows the top 50 mutations.

http://www.smgf.org/mtdna/common_mutations.jspx

Jodi

Comment

NA MT-DNA Haplogroups

http://www.familytreedna.com/public/...dFoundermtDNA/

Maria,

Follow the link above. It explains what defines each HG in NA

Jodi

Comment

Yes, I know I have European haplogroup....

Hello guys and girls.

I know I don't have a Native American haplogroup. I would have to have A.B.C.D or X. dispite having Amerindian heritage. I know that it would have to be straight line through mother-mother-mother. I know that H1A1 is European, no doubt about it. I just was saying that I had those mutations in common thats all. I just thought it was interesting. I guess most people could have those mutations.

Maria
          Last edited by Maria_W; 25 October 2007, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X