Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yaffa
    Hi kathleen,

Yes those markers are very important since they do not recombine. But I just want to note for kinship between sisters on father's side,all 16 markers have to match. This is what T. Krahn told me.

Hi Yaffa...
    Have been at a horse show for 2 days and my head is still there I guess..

At first I thought..

But then realized that I only tested my Sister's 10074,10075 10079 and DXYS156... so guess I am OK there..
    We match on all three of the tested markers.. I tested ALL of mine and ALL of Sister's Atmarkers..

Now that you told me that..and THANKS for that!! I really do not need to test any more of Sisters markers I do not think..

Comment

Markers

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
      Hi Yaffa...
      Have been at a horse show for 2 days and my head is still there I guess..

At first I thought..

But then realized that I only tested my Sister's 10074,10075 10079 and DXYS156... so guess I am OK there..
      We match on all three of the tested markers.. I tested ALL of mine and ALL of Sister's Atmarkers..

Now that you told me that..and THANKS for that!! I really do not need to test any more of Sisters markers I do not think..
      You would need to do a full test and all would have to match on 16 markers.
      FTDNA would then do a comparison and notify you of the match ( you need to request this with the test ).Testing the 3 markers 10074,10075,10076 proves you have a relationship somewhere but doest say where.Could be close. Could be far. If your father had a brother he could have had those same 3 markers. This is why all markers are needed.

Both my sister and I ( dad's side ) match some guy in DNA-F on all 3 markers 10074,10075,10079 plus 2 other markers. I know some where he would be related to us. Could be close, or could be very distant. I tried to contact him through DNA-F to see if he falls on our family tree closely but he has not responded.

Comment

[QUOTE=Yaffa]You would need to do a full test and all would have to match on 16 markers.
        FTDNA would then do a comparison and notify you of the match ( you need to request this with the test ).Testing the 3 markers 10074,10075,10076 proves you have a relationship somewhere but doest say where.Could be close. Could be far. If your father had a brother he could have had those same 3 markers. This is why all markers are needed.

OH..I may have confused you..My Dad is my Sister AND my father..we are full siblings..it is my DAD's father who is an unknown to us and that we are attempting to replicate.
        He never knew who his father was..his Mother was a teen and his grandmother raised and adopted him..after his death in 1998 I got his BC and it says "Louis Seybold"..
        I think from that that Dad's father was German or Polish and my autosomal and sister's seem to confirm that..

I did the new population update from DNA Tribes and this is a big new match:
        "Pomerania-Kujawy, Northern Poland"

Comment

Dad

[QUOTE=Kathleen Carrow]
          You would need to do a full test and all would have to match on 16 markers.

OH..I may have confused you..My Dad is my Sister AND my father..we are full siblings..it is my DAD's father who is an unknown to us and that we are attempting to replicate.
          He never knew who his father was..his Mother was a teen and his grandmother raised and adopted him..after his death in 1998 I got his BC and it says "Louis Seybold"..
          I think from that that Dad's father was German or Polish and my autosomal and sister's seem to confirm that..

I did the new population update from DNA Tribes and this is a big new match:
          "Pomerania-Kujawy, Northern Poland"
          I was adopted too. That why I am doing all this testing. You wouldn't get info on your father's father from an X test. So doing a full X test wouldn't help that side. Just your grandmother. Does your father's BC state where your grandfather was born?

Comment

I was adopted too. That why I am doing all this testing. You wouldn't get info on your father's father from an X test. So doing a full X test wouldn't help that side. Just your grandmother. Does your father's BC state where your grandfather was born?

It does not say..just that he is white and 20 years old..address unknown..
            Grandmother may have lived in Baltimore then and her parents were separated..she later married a Norwegian sailor and lived in Philadelphia..
            Dad was born in South Jersey.

her brother was known to have stated that she "ran around with the sailors" so I would not be surprised if Louis Seybold, if he even existed, was a foreign Sailor..her husband my Dad's stepfather was a Norwegian Merchant marine who, after their marriage worked in Philadelphia and became a citizen..
            Most of the Seybolds in our area ( Southern NJ) were Prussian...
            Step GF..a pretty good guy used to act like he was dad's father and even looked a lot like him..my Dad said to him after Grandmom died "But you are not my father..I do not know who my father is"..

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
              It does not say..just that he is white and 20 years old..address unknown..
              Grandmother may have lived in Baltimore then and her parents were separated..she later married a Norwegian sailor and lived in Philadelphia..
              Dad was born in South Jersey.

her brother was known to have stated that she "ran around with the sailors" so I would not be surprised if Louis Seybold, if he even existed, was a foreign Sailor..her husband my Dad's stepfather was a Norwegian Merchant marine who, after their marriage worked in Philadelphia and became a citizen..
              Most of the Seybolds in our area ( Southern NJ) were Prussian...
              Step GF..a pretty good guy used to act like he was dad's father and even looked a lot like him..my Dad said to him after Grandmom died "But you are not my father..I do not know who my father is"..
              Kathleen,

Do you have ancestry.com? WWII record's online. Have you checked? If you don't , I could check for you. Being that you have dad's BC with his father's name on it, you should be able to get grandpa's millitary records if he was a sailor or in the military

Comment

Working...
              X