Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any fair Norman-Sicilians out there?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Frisian is closest to origin of English

Without drawing expectations of DNA confirmation, (language is not shown in the DNA !) the root of "English" or "Anglish" also known as "Old Low German", is linguistically focussed on Frisia.
    ("Gut breod en gut kees ist gut Anglish en gut Friese")
    That is, South Denmark or North Holland in modern administrative-nation atlases.

In the rather long period after AD 450 the Frisians were one of the Germanic tribes entering Romanised Britain, displacing Celtic tribal population westward.
    Some contemporary writers ("non Anglii sed Angeli") called these people "Angles" after the right-angle geographic area formed by the coast between Holland and Jutland.
    There is some confusion here in terms between land form, often written by navigators, and the people, as described by travelling reporters; Jutes from Jutland, land jutting northward, the southern part of which merges into the "angle" making the people Angles or Frisians.
    "Friese" is a term meaning "fringe" . Look at a close-up of the Frisian coast, a paradise for curious shoal-draft yachtsmen these days. Read the '20's novel, "Riddle of the Sands" by Childers!

Comment

Anglo-Saxon names among Sicilians

Caggegi - English: (Anglo-Saxons)

Cage - (Anglo-Saxons) Variations of the name Cage include Cage, Cadger, Cadge and others.
      Cagean
      Cageby
      Cagel - (Scottish) The spelling variations of Cagel include MacAskill, MacAskill, Gaskell, Gaskill, MacGaskill, MacKaskil, MacKaskill and many more.
      Cagely
      Cagen
      Cager - (Anglo-Saxons) Variations of the name Cage include Cage, Cadger, Cadge and others.
      Cages - (Anglo-Saxons) Variations of the name Cages include Cage, Cadger, Cadge and others.
      Cagetti
      Cagey
      Cageypole - (Anglo-Saxons) Variations of the name Cageypole include Catchpole, Catchpolle, Cageypole, Cachpole, Cachpool and many more.
      Cagg
      Caggan
      Caggeggi
      Caggegi
      Caggese
      Caggett

Azzolina - Aceline - Ace - (Scottish) Ace has been recorded as Aassie, Assi, Assie, Aasie, Hoseason, Hosison and many more.

Comment

Originally posted by JR-R1b
        Caggegi - English: (Anglo-Saxons)

Cage - (Anglo-Saxons) Variations of the name Cage include Cage, Cadger, Cadge and others.
        Azzolina - Aceline - Ace - (Scottish) Ace has been recorded as Aassie, Assi, Assie, Aasie, Hoseason, Hosison and many more.

FUNNY THING ABOUT NAMES especially irish english ones people with them actually think the names are irish or english take mine denning and you need todo this accounting for accents and broughs and people speech and hearing patterns. Been a while since i typed this so maybe i forget some

Irish Denning Dinning Dinan Denney Denniny Dennin Dennin Dennen Dennis
        scotish Dinning Dinnan Dinan Dennen Dinnan Dennis
        English Denning Dennen Dannan Denune Dennis Denney Denniston
        French Denune Denoon
        Danish Dennie Denney Dennie Denninge
        German Denninge Denig
        Russia Dennen

well i suspected this but when i started the Denning and Variant project
        I found deming dennehy Danahy Denning Denney interacting .still way too early but lines form at the back. some people take this personally. imagine martin martinez and martini. i include alot more names in time many will link up. but pride dies hard my friends

mr dinninos your invited too

Say Denning over and over Soon you drop the g and vowels all sound alike then change to Dineen Dennhey Dinning. i match up with dunnings so all these nations contain simulair names. but are they all the same .i think not.
        1211 the king sends out his tax collectors . all they find is james son of john. they return how do we know which james is which

the king orders last names . what word would be your surname maybe an occupation , maybe a thing like wall. maybe a color black or white or green

now each village does this maybe bakers are all one family but i doubt it.

you doubt this look at russia Dennen. i have met Dennens on line. their stock comes from st petersburg. where czar peter the great ordered all residents to adopt western last names and these people did dennen. seems the czar wanted to westernize russia. presto chango a new line of dennens

Comment

I'm favorite - famous 'Dennehy' from the eighties...

...would have to be 'Brian Dennehy'

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001133/

http://ia.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/15/85/12m.jpg

He worked well with Stallone - in Rambo.

Comment

Working...
          X