XSTR question in understanding results

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XSTR question in understanding results

On my XSTR test I match somone in DNA-F in X match on 5 markers. 3 of them are 10074, 10075, and 10079 that they say are linked together. The other 2 markers are 6807 and 981. Does this mean there is a good chance this person is related to me? I tried contacting this user 6224.70 through DNA-F but have not recieved a reply. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Jodi

MT-DNA Haplogroup B / mitosearch XKBS6

Sorry...

Wish I could help you but I still haven't figured X DNA out yet!
    Maria

Comment

Understanding X test

Originally posted by Maria_W
      Maria
      Thanks anyway !I called FTDNA about a few things about the X. They are supposed to get back to me. If I get any answers, will post back. Hope you are feeling better

Jodi

Comment

Link to X test and MT-DNA Mutations???????

Maria
        MariaW and Astrid on X-Match all of us have 10074 # 13 10075 #18 and 10079 #21

I have confirmed that all three markers above came from mom's side ( NC,VA ) My MT-DNA came from the Rio Grande

Yaffa -Haplogroup B , 73g, 263g, 315.1c

MariaW - Haplogroup H1a1 , 73g, 263g, 315.1c

astrid - Haplogroup J 73g, 263g, , 315.1c

We all share 3 mutations on MT-DNA and 3 markers that they say don't recombine on X Test. Wonder if there is a link to all this?

Jodi

Comment

Need help with x....

Hey Yaffa, thats pretty cool. I wish I could figure x dna out. I am being very serious, since my father died I literally can't think straight. I knew some of it but now I can't remember it. So any help would be apprecaited. I don't remember how to figure out whose x belongs to who!

Maria

Comment

Have You ??????

Hey Yaffa, thats pretty cool. I wish I could figure x dna out. I am being very serious, since my father died I literally can't think straight. I knew some of it but now I can't remember it. So any help would be apprecaited. I don't remember how to figure out whose x belongs to who!

Maria
            Maria,

I hope you feel better. Have you had either a sibling or a parent tested?
            What I did was match all the markers with my sister ( we share the same father ) the leftovers so to speak are my mothers side. What I did in X match is separate the two. Put all dad's markers in the first column and
            mom's markers in the second colomum. This is how I know those 3 markers belong strictly to mom. I saw that part of your family came from VA and you said there was Indian on that side. Putting a side my rogue Rio Grande 2nd Great grandmother ( my MT-DNA ), the rest of moms family was from VA or NC. In researching, this part of my family settled in Wilkes NC and has affiliations with poss Cherokee, Saponi and Catawba ( still researching this )
            some also turn up European so anything goes.

Jodi

Comment

Only ABDNA.

My emotions are very mixed right now. Sometimes I am o.k. and then next thing I knew I am crying my heart out. I suspect it will be that way for awhile. DNA is keeping me busy as much as possible. My daughter is interested in looking into it and genealogy. I have done the FTDNA full mtDNA, DNA Fingerprint x DNA, DNA Tribes atDNA all panels, DNA Print Genomics ABDNA 2.5, EURO 1.0. I sent in my EURO 2.0 back about 6 weeks ago and they sent it back about 10 days ago saying that they needed more dna. With my dad being sick I just now did the swabs. So now it will be JAN before I get the results. Only dna left to do on me is my dads y which I will have to get from my brothers. I have decided to do the ABDNA test on all my family first then I will decide what test to do on family members next. I have results from my mothers, fathers and husbands ABDNA test. Just swabbed my youngest daughter for ABDNA to get her admixture. Hope to get it in the mail tomorrow with my Euro 2.0. Waiting for Tribes update.

Maria
              Last edited by Maria_W; 1 October 2007, 02:26 PM.

Comment

X Test

Maria,

You felling better is most improtant. I know that doing the genealogy and DNA keeps me busy and my mind of other things.

The best way to separate your X test is to have mom, dad, sibling if 1/2, tested ( easier to figure out each side ). If one matches you exactly on all markers on one side then you know where the other side came from.

I am now having my cousin do the Y for my dad's side. He is the only male left from Grandpa's direct line. Still waiting for him to return his kit.

Good news is that TomCat also matches us on some X markers. I told him to post them in this tread so maybe we can keep it going for stricly results to compare to so we can try and figure out this X test and how it works.

I spoke with FTDNA and T. Krahn wont be back untill next week to answer some of my questions. When he does, Ill post answers.

I still have to do my full MT-DNA. I did HVR 1 & 2 and X. May do the autosomal later on. Want to do as many Y and MT in my family in different lines before doing other testing.

Jodi

Comment

Another question about X test

They say that X Test Markers 10074,10075,10079 don't recombine.

My grandmother's brother and I match on MT-DNA but don't match on the above X-markers.

If 10074,10075, and 10079 don't recombine, my Uncle and my Grandmother should match on these 3 X markers. Grandma should have passed these three marker's down to my mother, but she didn't.

Does this mean that I got those 3 markers from my mother's father's side of the family? It looks that way.

Comment

Working...
                  X