Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• penguin
    replied
    I agree with cacio. I'm guessing that the reason one of your matches is T2b is that one of the people that matches your control region 1 happen to have had his coding region tested. And based on the coding region, he was classified as T2b. You would need your coding region to know if you too were T2b.

I notice though that your 1 high resolution match was also from germany, just like the T2b low resolution match. Were they refering to the same individual? If so, that might make one more tempted to think that you too were T2b, but you'd need your coding region to be sure.

Is your 16362C unusual for T2? It might be worth looking at hernstadt's data and see if his T2b people had 16362C - if yes, that might start to look promising.

Leave a comment:

• cacio
    replied
    brian87:

I'm no expert on T. I google search found this information from a 2002 paper by Hernnstadt:

T2a has been defined by the sequence changes T13965C and A14687G, and another subcluster of T2, defined by substitutions G930A and G5147A, has been designated T2b.

If this is the case, then you need coding region testing and you cannot determine T2b from HVR alone. But this paper is old, so I don't know whether there is now a new nomenclature for subhaplogroups of T.
    If you look on ian logan's page:
    http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/discussion/gifs/T2_gif.htm
    this would correspond to the branch on the left hand side. As you see, there is nothing particular in HVR there.

As for the time frame, there is on average one hvr1 mutation every 10K years, so a HVR match, per se, can mean a long time ago, even >10, 20K years ago.

I don't think you have anything special in HVR2 (you only have the "expected" mutations), and the scarcity of matches is simply because there are few people who have tested HVR2.

But I hope somebody more knowledgeable will help here.

cacio

Leave a comment:

• brian87
    replied
    So can I even tell if this is T2 or T2b from this?

Leave a comment:

• brian87
    started a topic T2 or T2b mtDNA

T2 or T2b mtDNA

Hi, I just have a few questions on MTDNA results. It says I'm T2 and I have a T2b match . Are these results T2b? Does that define a more specific area?

Why do I have one high resolution match in the MTDNA Recent Ancestral origins and Three on the MTDNA matches page.

Is this a low number of total MTDNA matches? What is the average frequency of Ashkenazi matches for T2? I only have three but not many total matches.

What is the time frame for HVR1 matches and HVR2,3 matches?TMRCA?
    thanks,Brian

HVR1 Haplogroup T2
    HVR1 differences

from CRS
    16126C
    16294T
    16296T
    16304C
    16362C
    16519C
    HVR2 differences

from CRS