Mt-DNA from hair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mt-DNA from hair

Successful extraction of Mt-DNA from hair shafts (rather than hair roots) and the prospects for extraction from other keratinous samples such as finger nails etc.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0927141921.htm

Mammoth hair full of DNA

Yes,I read that story everywhere on the net,at msn-science,yahoo-science. That mammoth hair yielded DNA in perfect condition -even good enough to clone from. The article said that DNA from bone absorbed water and air and dirt which made it hard to extract the good DNA out. But hair had something like a plastic coating on it and the hair did not absorb dirt and decay ,so the DNA from the hair shaft is in really Great condition. This is not news to me -I always thought that the hair shaft,not just the root had DNA in it-it even looks like a strand of DNA to me,but I'm just a girl and what do I know ?

Many scientists and the ones at the Uni of Penn thought that hair was dead,so they didn't suspect DNA was in it.That's what the article at msn.com,news,science said.

Comment

Makin Mammoth Hair Pops

Right Now I'm about to make caramel apple wraps. My gut should be preserved for all eternity with those.

I'm gonna use MacIntosh apples,wrap them in Caramel sheaths,stick a popsicle stick in the apple middle and bake on 200 degrees for 5 minutes til the caramel sticks to the apple. Yummy I can hardly wait I love the Fall

Caramel Apple Wraps by Concord Foods they're in supermarkets now!

They cost $4 at some food markets but only $2 at Sav-A-Lot

Comment

Happy Birthday Jambalaia32

Originally posted by Jambalaia32
        Right Now I'm about to make caramel apple wraps. My gut should be preserved for all eternity with those.

I'm gonna use MacIntosh apples,wrap them in Caramel sheaths,stick a popsicle stick in the apple middle and bake on 200 degrees for 5 minutes til the caramel sticks to the apple. Yummy I can hardly wait I love the Fall

Caramel Apple Wraps by Concord Foods they're in supermarkets now!

They cost $4 at some food markets but only $2 at Sav-A-Lot
        Sounds yummy
        I just saw on the board that today is your birthday. Happy Birthday!

Comment

Thanks

Originally posted by tomcat
          Successful extraction of Mt-DNA from hair shafts (rather than hair roots) and the prospects for extraction from other keratinous samples such as finger nails etc.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0927141921.htm

Thanks for that info

Comment

Working...
          X