Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I Toolate For This

http://computerworld.com/action/arti...8&pageNumber=2

Fascinating. Thanks for sharing that....

Comment

But then again...

The major problem is still the same old one: Unexpected "non-paternity events" popping up in the family tree.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the article, Jim. Very interesting, but I don't agree that "genealogy is boring", and his lack of knowledge of the subject is betrayed by his implication that all the paper trail we'll ever need will miraculously be available to all who want it. However, I agree that while this could be the greatest thing to ever happen to those of us interested in our family heritage, it could be the worst thing ever for personal privacy.

Comment

Originally posted by PDHOTLEN
          The major problem is still the same old one: Unexpected "non-paternity events" popping up in the family tree.
          since a good % of you arent genealogists
          THAT SHOULDNT BE A PROBLEM TO GENEALOGIST
          we learn to expect it

what we or most of us dont get is the impact of a database of 25,000,000 people. Just imagine a small group of 25 matches in say longford ireland ands the town ardagh. 25 matches would be a bonanza for me in a town of a couple of 1000s if that

remember this we are just starting no one and i mean no one knows where this is going.fasten the seatbelts guys & gals

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie
            Thanks for sharing the article, Jim. Very interesting, but I don't agree that "genealogy is boring", and his lack of knowledge of the subject is betrayed by his implication that all the paper trail we'll ever need will miraculously be available to all who want it. However, I agree that while this could be the greatest thing to ever happen to those of us interested in our family heritage, it could be the worst thing ever for personal privacy.

to regular people it is they dont get the importance of finding cousin 25th removed

i believe my family was in germany or spain in 1000 ad
            then they came to england then to scotland then to boston [chelsea ma.]
            in the 25,000,000 suppose i find clusters in longford -west lothiam scotland- then the boarder area where my dunning match is and small clusters in bristol-taunton some in madrid and several in germany to venice. and some severe ashkenazis in lithuania and poland

thats what numbers should do past the use of names

just look at some of us techies are doing with the new groupings

imagine just 25 yrs lol all we know now will be obsolete

like i said fasten the seat belts

Comment

Question

Seems you have roots in Co. Longford, but have a haplogroup associated w/ Medditerreanean?

I'm sure there's lots of ways that could have come up --Normans did their thing in Sicily, and probably a few came back up to seek opportunities with their cousins in Ireland, etc., etc.

It may be difficult to get 100% resolution on the issue. And I don't intend to the waters even further, but have you ever considered that one of your folks might have been a survivor of the Spanish Armada?

I think I heard a few of those boyos got wrecked off the coast of Donegal, and MacSweeney na dTuath sheltered them from the English governor for a while.

Maybe that's a crazy hypothesis, but entertaining, anyhow.

Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Clochaire
                Seems you have roots in Co. Longford, but have a haplogroup associated w/ Medditerreanean?

I'm sure there's lots of ways that could have come up --Normans did their thing in Sicily, and probably a few came back up to seek opportunities with their cousins in Ireland, etc., etc.

It may be difficult to get 100% resolution on the issue. And I don't intend to the waters even further, but have you ever considered that one of your folks might have been a survivor of the Spanish Armada?

I think I heard a few of those boyos got wrecked off the coast of Donegal, and MacSweeney na dTuath sheltered them from the English governor for a while.

Jack
                I had an Irish-American friend in high school with very dark, wavy hair and dark eyes. He told me that he was what is known as the "black Irish" (pertaining to hair/eye color) who supposedly descend from Spanish Armada survivors who married Irish women...
                Last edited by vinnie; 29 September 2007, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Clochaire

Jack
                  I can see some older longer posters saying no dont say that lol

here is what i belive some time like 1066-1100 william brought sephardic jews
                  to england to act as adminiastraters rewatch ivanhoe some time it was one of these that ransomed richard to save his daughter rebecca for a trial of witchery by having his cousins pay ransom. the brothers lived in venice. venice was a large gateway for jews durring the enlightening and earlier .

ivanhie coinsides with robin hood both end in the same basic scene .

i think one of these jews was a dannenberg. who stayed and either by force or not converted.1180 and in a time of religious persicution a name endiong in berg could be a problem. so drop berg and denan is left .go to the dannan message board and they ask are we jewish or christian. well mybe both
                  now uness you lived with a name starting in dnn you dont realize the vowels get lost in accents and broughs. everytime i give my name i spell it.
                  i run the denning & variant project check it out. its early very early but lines with variants are forming. converted to christianty which was catholic . now comes henry viii eventuial cromwell, we went noth to scotland [lowland] knox land. we were the sport hunted and hanged there. for some reason forbes and us are coupled. we went to longford with lady forbes.
                  1775 the quenn decided anglican over presbyterians. the presbyterians sauid screw this to america.
                  they came to mass. in 1717 they also came bueing irish in mass colony was not good. these 1717 people were assigned to maine and worcester to fight the french and indians for a buffer.
                  due to the revolution and the french navy catholics werent so bad in 1775,tolerated i assume would be the word. a new town was starting chelsea.

the presbyterians and universalists settled there all future abolutionist.
                  the prebyterians stayted businesses. but being irish no one would work for them . they contacted the lonford /cavan people and said come here to work.

after 1798 protestant /catholic rebellion and robert emmitts 1804ish. my people left and came to chelsea. 40-50 years before the famine people . they were 3rd generation by them comming. established in chelsea .unlike ireland these people intermarried. and i am their decendent . along way from israel and sudan. a hard trip but not so far as to not care about whats happening to sudan. i want to test dannens and dannesbergs . i am awaiting a dannen matching him would give me a smile

look a my picture fred flintstone lol
                  but i was blond and blue eyes when i was a kid . but king david was too.ruddy.seems like religious persecution has always been there if am right .except for chelsea which is why i am doing the three town /cities they are now.
                  http://www.machelseafamilygroup.org/index.php
                  this is chelsea revere and winthrop along with Denning /Dever.Cogan
                  160,000 which is a good start

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie
                    I had an Irish-American friend in high school with very dark, wavy hair and dark eyes. He told me that he was what is known as the "black Irish" (pertaining to hair/eye color) who supposedly descend from Spanish Armada survivors who married Irish women...
                    something kicking aroud back of brain

me e3b1a model married an h7 my dad married something close close mtdna seems to follow my ydna
                    the a project adim is simuliar ro my wife she married a denning .i 'de love to know if he is my line lol

hereis the question could simuliar ydna seek simuliar mtdna
                    like marring a gorl just like the girl that married dear old dad lol think about it lol

Comment

I just got on the National Geographic Project Web Site.
                      I then clicked on see your results.
                      I noticed that DYS 389-2 was changed. They show 16 and our print out shows 28.
                      This shows up on both of our records in NG.
                      We are a perfect match and he is a fifth cousin with a common ancestor in 1795.
                      Should I contact anyone about this?
                      Thank You,
                      dc

Comment

Originally posted by darroll
                        I just got on the National Geographic Project Web Site.
                        I then clicked on see your results.
                        I noticed that DYS 389-2 was changed. They show 16 and our print out shows 28.
                        This shows up on both of our records in NG.
                        We are a perfect match and he is a fifth cousin with a common ancestor in 1795.
                        Should I contact anyone about this?
                        Thank You,
                        dc
                        GEOGRAPHIC uses differen numbers some times

Comment

Originally posted by darroll
                          I noticed that DYS 389-2 was changed. They show 16 and our print out shows 28. This shows up on both of our records in NG.
                          Darroll, If you add your NG 389-1 and 389-2, I'll bet you get your FTDNA 389-2.

Comment

Working...
                          X