Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABDNA Test Results...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AbDNA discloses, a little ...

    DNAPrint has published a paper on their BGA:

    http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.co...-04/1207472694

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tomcat
      DNAPrint has published a paper on their BGA:

      http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.co...-04/1207472694

      I looked at it yesterday. I don't really understand it, but I noticed they are now calling the "Native American" category "Indigenous American", which is much better. In my limited experience, actual Native Americans (enrolled) don't seem to like it when white people say they are Native American (by dna). It seems to be a legal term in the US. Indigenous American is much better and includes all the Americas instead of just implying the US. I would like a new certificate with the new term "Indigenous American" on it.
      Or "Central Asian".
      Last edited by rainbow; 7 April 2008, 02:41 PM.

      Comment


      • ABDNA samples...

        I sent in my oldest daughter and grandaughters ABDNA samples... Once these test are completed I will have 4 generations of test results to compare with...

        Father (Eugene) 0% Amerindian
        Mother (Audrey) 7% Amerindian,

        Me (Maria) 10% Amerindian,

        Youngest daughter (Crystal) 14% Ameridian.
        Oldest daughter (Sheryl) pending.

        Grandaughter (Dana) pending.

        Will keep you posted in 6-8 weeks....

        Maria

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Maria_W
          I sent in my oldest daughter and grandaughters ABDNA samples... Once these test are completed I will have 4 generations of test results to compare with...

          Father (Eugene) 0% Amerindian
          Mother (Audrey) 7% Amerindian,

          Me (Maria) 10% Amerindian,

          Youngest daughter (Crystal) 14% Ameridian.
          Oldest daughter (Sheryl) pending.

          Grandaughter (Dana) pending.

          Will keep you posted in 6-8 weeks....

          Maria
          What I don't understand is why you have 10% Amerindian when your father had none and your mother 7% only. So you have more than your mom, even though you dad had none? It does not seem logical, but I know that's what ABDNA says.

          Comment


          • A couple more generations and the values from ABDNA could approach 100% Amerindian....

            Comment


            • Already Amerindian before test....

              Mr. Allen.

              Exactly what do you know about me? Have you taken the time to read my post where I talk about my Amerindian heritage aside from the ABDNA test results...I already knew that I was of Amerindian heritage (Potowomecke through my English ancestor Rev. John Waugh marrying into the Powhatan group) before I took the test. So, for your information, no, I didn't all of a sudden become Amerindian becasue of the test results... At the very least I have 1 Amerindian line of decent already without the ABDNA results....I contacted ABDNA and they still say that autosomal is random and that we are not going to get the same amount of markers...
              you have the right to disagree

              Maria

              Comment


              • Ignore...

                And I have the right to ignore you Mr. Allen....

                Maria

                Comment


                • Ah! This is the original AncestryByDna thread.
                  For the record, I recently emailed some questions to DNA Tribes and found out that my current 21 marker report from DNA Tribes now fits perfectly with my AncestryByDna results.

                  ABD : 17% Native American (bar graph range of 8% in each direction, from 9% to 25%)

                  DNA Tribes : approximately 1/8 to 1/4 Native American ancestry.

                  I'm predominantly Caucasian with an element of Native American.

                  My Near Eastern matches are from caucasian, not from Central Asian markers.
                  The Native American is Native American.

                  Comment


                  • Since my mom has zero NA on her test, my NA is from my biological father (he abandoned me. we had a paternity test done in court years ago. 99.987% ).
                    Since his father was fair and from Slavic parents, then my father's Native American must come from my paternal grandmother, from Flemington, New Jersey.

                    Here is a photo of my father and his parents :
                    http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8...parentsll9.jpg

                    larger : http://i34.tinypic.com/2wbubyw.jpg

                    close-up photo of grandmother holding father : http://i35.tinypic.com/140zv6g.jpg
                    Last edited by rainbow; 15 July 2008, 07:48 AM.

                    Comment


                    • More than 1 generation...

                      Since it would take a while to read every past post, has any one else besides me tested both their parents with the ABDNA test to get their ethnic percentages, especially Amerindian. Could you please post your results? Were your results more than your parents? Has any one tested their children or grandchildren? I also intend to do my brothers and sister... Like I said I already have 1 Amerindian decent from the 1600's without these results...


                      Maria
                      Last edited by Maria_W; 15 July 2008, 07:53 AM.

                      Comment


                      • If you haven't checked the data recorded in the ABDNA log by Charles Kerchner, or not done so in a while, perhaps it is worth a look see. People should realize that while this test has been validated for forensic purposes, and majority ancestry, there is no validation (hence Kerchner's log) of its use to correctly detect minority ancestry.

                        The URL is: http://www.kerchner.com/cgi-kerchner/dnaprint.cgi.

                        If you have results you wish to add, it will help to expand the log and make it an even more useful tool.

                        Comment


                        • What I put in another thread about how you can't tell just by looking in the mirror:

                          It's just not true that you can tell by looking in the mirror. Take a look at Victoria Rowell's daughter. Looking at her anyone would think she is 100% white, but she isn't. She would be about 25% African.
                          http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/tvsoapwed/rowell1.jpg
                          http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/8374/146by.jpg
                          http://www.mediatakeout.com/23771/ha..._expected.html
                          Victoria Rowell is black, probably half black and half white. Her daughter has a white father, and her daughter looks completely white, with fair skin, thin features, blonde hair and blue eyes. Her biological daughter. Not adopted.
                          Ms. Rowell also has a son, by Winston Marsalis, who looks just like his father. The son would be about 25% white. http://images.filmmagic.com/images/tnm/8725559.jpg


                          And here is a photo of Eartha Kitt with her daughter and granddaughter.
                          http://www.gabbyattic3.com/truepix/eartha%20kitt.jpg
                          If you only saw the granddaughter, wouldn't you think she was 100% white, with no African or Native American?

                          and I'll add this of someone who is known to be of half European and half Native American ancestry:
                          http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den

                          and this photo of a woman, Rae Dawn Chong, who is part African, Asian, and European, with a daughter who looks completely white. http://africanamerica.org/groupee_fi...g_daughter.jpg

                          And there is also Tiger Woods daughter (don't have photo).


                          Originally posted by DKF
                          The bottom line, and this is just my opinion, at present looking in the mirror (one's phenotype) is, sadly, a better indicator than the seemingly sophisticated autosomal tests that purport to give you the percentage of each of four continental groups, or your "tribe".
                          It's a fact, not an opinion that the people pictured here have mixed ancestry and that the mirror alone cannot tell you that. I do believe that if they had AncestryByDna tests done that it would show their continental groups.
                          Last edited by rainbow; 23 July 2008, 12:25 PM.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by rainbow
                            What I put in another thread about how you can't tell just by looking in the mirror:

                            It's just not true that you can tell by looking in the mirror. Take a look at Victoria Rowell's daughter. Looking at her anyone would think she is 100% white, but she isn't. She would be about 25% African.
                            http://members.fortunecity.co.uk/tvsoapwed/rowell1.jpg
                            http://img416.imageshack.us/img416/8374/146by.jpg
                            http://www.mediatakeout.com/23771/ha..._expected.html
                            Victoria Rowell is black, probably half black and half white. Her daughter has a white father, and her daughter looks completely white, with fair skin, thin features, blonde hair and blue eyes. Her biological daughter. Not adopted.
                            Ms. Rowell also has a son, by Winston Marsalis, who looks just like his father. The son would be about 25% white. http://images.filmmagic.com/images/tnm/8725559.jpg


                            And here is a photo of Eartha Kitt with her daughter and granddaughter.
                            http://www.gabbyattic3.com/truepix/eartha%20kitt.jpg
                            If you only saw the granddaughter, wouldn't you think she was 100% white, with no African or Native American?

                            and I'll add this of someone who is known to be of half European and half Native American ancestry:
                            http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den

                            and this photo of a woman, Rae Dawn Chong, who is part African, Asian, and European, with a daughter who looks completely white. http://africanamerica.org/groupee_fi...g_daughter.jpg

                            And there is also Tiger Woods daughter (don't have photo).




                            It's a fact, not an opinion that the people pictured here have mixed ancestry and that the mirror alone cannot tell you that. I do believe that if they had AncestryByDna tests done that it would show their continental groups.
                            Yes, I would entirely agree. Sometimes phenotypic analysis works and sometimes it does not. Rather similar to the ABDNA test. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it does not.

                            Comment


                            • I am truely mixed blood....

                              Just thinking about results....
                              My DeCodeMe results are:

                              atDNA:
                              European 92%
                              African 2%
                              Asian 6%

                              x DNA:
                              European: 87%
                              African: 4%
                              Asian: 9%

                              Now do I add the 2 results together and divide them by 2... If I do I am:

                              European: 89.5%
                              African: 3%
                              Asian:7.5%

                              But then can you do that? Isn't mixing atDN and XDNA like mixing apple and oranges....
                              So according to DeCodeMe I have markers from 3 different categories. And why is there no Amerindian Is it becasue the people at DeCodeMe beleive that Amerindian came from Asia...? Is Asian really Asian ? Does it stand in for Amerindian? If Asian isn't Amerindian then my heritage spans 4 groups... If they incorparate Amerindian how would my percentages change.... Which group would drop?
                              Wheter you agree or disagree with the ABDNA results I still have Amerindian/Potowomeck heritage. I traced my Potowomecke heritage back through Rev John Waugh/ Meece connection in VA in the 1600's.
                              Then ABDNA says that I am 10% Amerindian. If the 10% is not from the 1600's then theres a real possibly that I have a more recent line and someone is not telling the whole story. Even Bill Deyo, tribal historian suggested this.........So I am truely mixed blood and proud of it...
                              With a 1,000,000 markers tested I feel pretty comfortable with their results..

                              Maria

                              Comment


                              • 2 generations....

                                Here is an example of 2 generations testing and their results.

                                Mother: European 21%, Asian 14%, Native American 0%, African 65%.
                                Father: European 23%, Asian 5%, Native American 0%, African 75%.
                                Son: European 22%, Asian 10%, Native American 0%, African 68%.

                                Maria

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X