DNAPrint Test Results - 2% Sub-Saharan African

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNAPrint Test Results - 2% Sub-Saharan African

I just received my DNA Print Test Results.

European 98%
    Sub-Saharan African 2%

I guess I am a little surprised at my results. I thought it would be 100% European. My Haplogroup is H and in my family genealogy, most of my ancestors are Irish, Scottish and English.

What did they see in my DNA that made them feel I had Sub-Saharan African heritage?

Re: DNAPrint Test Results - 2% Sub-Saharan African

Originally posted by phaynen
    I just received my DNA Print Test Results.

European 98%
    Sub-Saharan African 2%

I guess I am a little surprised at my results. I thought it would be 100% European. My Haplogroup is H and in my family genealogy, most of my ancestors are Irish, Scottish and English.

What did they see in my DNA that made them feel I had Sub-Saharan African heritage?
    As I understand it, we all have some of the Sub-Saharan African residual genetic markers within our DNA. My ancestoral background is also Scottish & English.

My DNA-print test was 100% European, but if you look at the DNA Print Triangle Plot, it still shows residual markers (less than 1%) from Sub Saharan African. This should be expected since ( in theory) the human race originated in East Africa.

Robert Donabie

Comment

Re: DNAPrint Test Results - 2% Sub-Saharan African

The way I understand it, the DNAPrint test looks at all ancestors in about 10 generations. At 2% Sub-Saharan African, I think that would be about the 4th or 5th great-grandparent. I don't think so in my family genealogy. I still see Irish, Scottish, English and maybe some German.

Comment

Re: Re: DNAPrint Test Results - 2% Sub-Saharan African

Originally posted by phaynen
        The way I understand it, the DNAPrint test looks at all ancestors in about 10 generations. At 2% Sub-Saharan African, I think that would be about the 4th or 5th great-grandparent. I don't think so in my family genealogy. I still see Irish, Scottish, English and maybe some German.
        Hello again !

I was looking at the information provided in our User Manual, under the heading “What the Results Mean”, it states that:

Human beings migrated out of central, sub-saharan Africa about 200,000 years ago to inhabit the various regions of our globe.

It also states that:

If your heritage has been derived from more than one of these groups, the test results tell you what your mixture ratios are.

I was of the understanding that both ancient and recent admixtures can affect your DNA Print.

Perhaps what you are looking at is an ancient marker, assuming of course that there was no recent admixture. Further, 2% seems like a very small percentage for a recent admixture.

You might want to contact Mark at Family Tree:

[email protected]

He was very helpful with my questions.

Keep well, and have a Happy (safe) New Year,

Robert Donabie

Comment

My brother's DNA print just came back stating that he is 97% European and 3% Sub Saharan African. Without meaning to insult anyone, could someone please tell us what peoples comprise the "Sub Saharan African" group? Are they all "black folks," or are some of them something else, like arabic?

Comment

Caribel:
            Sub Saharan is everything south of the Saharan desert in Africa, which is composed primarily of Black populations. Look at the confidence intervals on your 3%, they probably overlap zero. When the minority percentages are very small, such as your 3%, the DNAprint test is not very accurate. I believe the interpretation is that there is a 50% chance that he has sub Saharan heritage, but the chance that he has no sub Saharan heritage is only slightly less than 50%.
            Dennis West

Comment

African peoples were brought into europe in much smaller quantities than in the America's.

Often they were used as sex slaves to the nobility who harbored deep prejudices as to the Virility of the African Spirit.

Having a little African blood in Ye, may mean that you have some "royalty" as well. Plus you may have inherited a genetic benifits that allowed your ancestors to survive.

Remember, Moses had a Cu****e wife. (besides Tziporah)

Comment

Working...
              X