• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unsubscribe

I am choosing to leave this forum.
    All your expert advice is appreciated.

Take care!

I am so sorry to hear that. I will miss your postings. Take care!

Maria

Comment

Originally posted by dnaval
      DNAVAL,
      Where are you going?
      Are you in “timeout”? Ha, HA.
      Stay here and be tortured like the rest of us with inane posts being made.
      I have been reading a lot about infidelity lately on this forum.
      I do not think the percentage was great before ww1.
      When I was away at war my wife had a lover. (I divorced her)
      I must admit that I had a mistress also. ( I have paid dearly for that stunt and still paying to this very day)
      I still think that some failures to match through DNA is mostly caused by a bad paper trail.
      When I WAS doing genealogy I was constantly fed wrong information. It took me ten years to figure that out. I ran a US Government Census audit and found out that most information that was not in the family records was bogus. I then tried to figure out, why?. Maybe they wanted to hurry and get their tree finished or they got tired of being bugged and shared bad information on purpose.
      I think the whole genealogy communities need an audit. I know that some want to be related to royalty and not the family that live across the tracks. To make our DNA testing results match, we need accurate records. I hope the record keeping people that read this have guts enough to work on correcting this very serious problem.
      D
      Our Y-DNA testing results are a perfect match in all categories.

Comment

Originally posted by dnaval
        Why are you leaving?
        I liked all your pics and posts.
        Best of luck to you in all you do.
        I found it interesting that you discovered there is Mayan and Cherokee in your family tree, and you only have 12% NA, according to ABD.
        I still wonder about my 17% NA because I have no history of American Indian ancestry.
        All I know is that it is on my fathers side. (My mom had a 0% NA).
        I have no photos of my great grandparents on my fathers side.
        I'm guessing it must be from my fathers mothers mother (maybe she was adopted?), because my fathers mothers father was of Dutch descent, and I matched Dutch (Flemish) in my DNA Tribes. And he survived a serious bout of tuberculosis, which I don't think Amerindians would survive.
        I have no DNA Tribes Amerindian matches.
        Maybe someday I'll find out, just as you have.

p.s. I'll keep the 'Choctaw' possibility in mind, because there were Choctaws at the Carlisle Indian School. If my great grandmother was adopted....?
        Last edited by rainbow; 22 August 2007, 11:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X