X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haplgroup H1a1

mdillow31
    H1a1

I received a Haplogroup H1a1 today on my mtDNA on FGS.

Would anyone know what countries this may involve ?

Marianne

H1A1 also!

Hello I am also H1A1. Yahoo! Now there are 3 of us. I know absolutely nothing about it or what countries it involves. I do know that my ancestor was suppose to be from Germany. So if anyone has any ideas please post!

Maria

Comment

Haplogroup H1a1

mdillow31
      H1a1

My HRV1 and HRV2 mutations remained the same through the last of the testing on my mtDNA on the full genome sequence. (FGS). I was expecting hapolgroup H1a and was surprised that it came back as H1a1.

I guess this must have been determined by my control region markers which FGS added to my previous results.

I am having a report on my H1a1 that will comment on my ancestral origins and migrations but it will be awhile before I get the finished product.

Maybe then I can add to this. I am on Mitosearch and there doesn't appear to be many that has H1a1 haplogroup.

If anyone can contribute to this posting I would certainly appreciate it.

Comment

Marianne,

Have you joined the Haplogroup H project yet?
        http://www.ftdna.com/public/H%20mtDNA%20Haplogroup/

You may also find pertinent information on their public website:
        http://www.hmtdna.org/

Elise

Comment

H1A1 report.

Marianne,
          You mentioned a report. Can you tell me about it and how much it costs. Maria

Comment

mdillow31:

I don't know where the "1" comes from (ie which paper defines H1a1), though I guess you'll find out. If you have the whole thing, you can compare yourself to the data that Ian Logan has collected:

http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/discussion/hap_H1.htm

and especially the tree
            http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/discussion/gifs/H1_gif.htm

cacio

Comment

Haplogroup H1a1

mdillow31
              H1a1

I am in the process of joining the Haplogroup H Project.

Maria I left a personal message for you to contact me by email since we are both H1a1. I have some things to share with you. Please email me at [email protected].

Comment

Haplogroup H1a1

mdillow31
                H1a1

I joined the Haplogroup H Project and am on Mitosearch.

Thanks Maria for emailing me. I am sure we will receive a good report on our H1a1. I know we are part of H and H1a but I haven't seen very many with H1a1 so far. So, we need to stick together. LOL !

Comment

Spanish or Russian?

Marianne.

Just recieved your email. Interesting. Thats what I wonder too, I do have Spanish ancestry back around 1300 if information is correct. I just relized when they upgraded me from H1A to a H1A1 I didn't recieve a certificate stating that!

Maria

Comment

Spanish or Russian

mdillow31
                    H1a1

Maria, I receive my certificate from FTDNA and it has haplogroup H1a1 on it. Maybe you should check with FTDNA why H1a1 isn't on your certificate.

Comment

I guess...

When I did my full mtDNA it just dawned on me that I never recieved a certificate for the full mtdna. I recieved the H cert and H1a cert but not for the H1A1. I guess its no big deal. I know I am H1A1. Still have to contact lady about my H1A1 report.
                      Maria

Comment

mdillow31
                        H1a1

I received an answer from FTDNA on Hapolgroup H1a1.

This is it :

" H1a1 is ony identified in the FULL sequence test , so relatively few people have been identified as belonging to it so far. It was published in the most recent paper on haplogroup H in 2006 ( Roostalu, et al. ) You can count any matches with H1a's and H's ( not H1 or H* ) as potential H1a1's if the full
                        sequence were to be tested."

So, it looks like us H1a1's may not be so novel after all. If more would do full mtDNA testing the more H1a1's might be found.

Comment

mdillow31:

I did not see a definition of H1a1 in Roostalu. Did they say what mutation defines H1a1?

cacio

Comment

mdillow31
                            H1a1

Cacio,

I received an email from Ann Turner, MD from the genealogy-dna mailing list at Rootsweb and she said H1a1 came from the mutation 6365 in the coding region.

Comment

mdillow31:

interesting, new subgroups being defined all the times.

You can see a few sequences with 6365 in Ian Logan's webpage:

http://www.ianlogan.co.uk/discussion/gifs/H1_gif.htm

You can see pretty well the path 3010 (H1), 73, 16162 (H1a) and then 6365.

cacio

Comment

Working...
                              X