Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DNA TRIBES-- Caucasian Portugal or Mexican

I wanted to know if anyone could look over these markers
    and tell me if these are Caucasian,Portugal or Mexican.
    The reason I am asking is because DNA tribes has
    examples to compare % on there site.
    I would also like to see where you compare.

beenhereKey Takeaways:😕 DNATribes ended its operation in 2019 and is now part of Thednatests.com.🧬 The post contains sample reports illustrating the format of DNA Tribes ancestry test results.🌍 Individual DNA matches partly represent the full range of DNA matches possible within each population.👪 Example results with commentary are available for…

Dna Tribes Update & Native American Panel Results........................................

Date-Time: Saturday, August 11, 2007 at 01:45:44 (CDT)

My Expected Results were (from prior knowledge): Expected Results were Irish/British from mom's side and Dutch/French from father's side. Expected some Native American because of a previous Ancestry by dna test
    My Actual DNA Tribes Analysis Results - Native Match Strong/Strongest and Respective MLIs were: Belarus (0.98) Northeast Poland (0.96) Southern Russia (Stavropol, Orel and Saratov regions) (0.99) Denmark (0.98) Austria (0.98) Flemish (0.98) Norway (0.96) Portugal (0.97) Lithuania (0.95) Germany (0.82) Sweden (0.96) Flemish (0.96) Poland (0.97) Upper Silesia, Poland (0.87) Belarus (0.93) Toscana, Italy (0.97) Southeast Poland (0.95) Western Poland (0.9) Poland (0.86) Germany (0.95)
    My Actual DNA Tribes Analysis Results - Global Match Strong/Strongest and Respective MLIs were: Belarus (0.98) Northeast Poland (0.96) Southern Russia (Stavropol, Orel and Saratov regions) (0.99) Denmark (0.98) Austria (0.98) Flemish (0.98) Norway (0.96) Portugal (0.97) Caucasian (0.93) Caucasian (0.95) Lithuania (0.95) Germany (0.82) Sweden (0.96) Flemish (0.96) Poland (0.97) Upper Silesia, Poland (0.87) Belarus (0.93) Caucasian (Northern Territory, Australia) (0.9) Toscana, Italy (0.97) Southeast Poland (0.95)
    My Actual DNA Tribes Analysis Results - World Region Match Strong/Strongest and Respective MLIs were: Eastern European------------ 345.41 Northwest European--------- 292.73 Mediterranean----------- 101.19
    Finno-Ugrian--------- 17.44
    Asia Minor----------- 14.89
    Arabian-------- 14.23
    Mestizo---------- 11.78
    North African------------ 11.35
    North India------------ 1.11
    East African-------------- .66
    Andean .20 India------------- .15
    Mexican------------ .07
    Central Amerindian----------- .07
    Southern African---------------- .07
    West African-------------------- .07
    DNATribes Version Number: Dna Tribes Penta /Native American Panel
    Date DNATribes Test/Analysis was Ordered: August 1,2007
    Comments: Analysis on Native American panel highest scores were Ch'ol(Mayan)(.11)---------.07 Quechua (Ecuador)(.05)---------.04 Otomi (La Sierra Madre Oriental, Mexico)(.07)------02 Huastec (Hidalgo, Mexico)(0.02) Very suprised by the high Mestizo Score as well as the matches to Andean and Mexican. Not really sure if the East African rules out a degree of African. Previous Ancestry by Dna test done by DNA Print showed Indo-Euro 88% East Asian 0% Native American 12% Sub Saharan African 0% Expected some Irish and Dutch matches on DNA tribes test. My update Penda D & E did include some Portugal matches, I thought was a nice suprise. Still waiting on a Euro 2.0 test from DNA Print. Will be posting these soon on the DNA Print log. Over all happy with results but not sure if the Mexican and Central Amerindian matches are enough to show definite South Native American Matches and not North Native American or both. Very curious to find this out. Evenutally I hope to do another update analysis with DNA tribes if they get markers for Cherokee,Choctaw and Chickasaw.

http://www.familytreedna.com/forum/a...tachmentid=220
  • tomcat
    FTDNA Customer
    • May 2005

Originally posted by dnaval
    Not really sure if the East African rules out a degree of African. Previous Ancestry by Dna test done by DNA Print showed Indo-Euro 88% East Asian 0% Native American 12% Sub Saharan African 0%
    As you have positive North African and Arabian scores and East African affiliates with those regions more than Sub-Saharan African, it seems more likely that the East African belongs in that complex.

This is supported by the 0% AbDNA result for SSA and the negative DNAT of 0.07 for West African that is the most likely source region for African ancestry in the Americas. Sub-Saharan Africans are highly distinct, genetically, and any SSA ancestry would likely register in AbDNA.

You might try your markers on the free, online, European forensic database:
    www.str-base.org.
    ENFSI accepts 8 of the 13 CODIS markers and calls for 2 additional markers, D2 and D19, that are available from FTDNA's Autosomal Panel 2.

What is your mitochondrial DNA haplogoup?
    Last edited by tomcat; 11 August 2007, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• tomcat
      FTDNA Customer
      • May 2005

I wanted to know if anyone could look over these markers
      and tell me if these are Caucasian,Portugal or Mexican....

... Upper Silesia, Poland (0.87) Belarus (0.93) Toscana, Italy (0.97) Southeast Poland (0.95) Western Poland (0.9) Poland (0.86) Germany (0.95)
      My Actual DNA Tribes Analysis Results - Global Match Strong/Strongest and Respective MLIs were: Belarus (0.98) Northeast Poland (0.96) Southern Russia (Stavropol, Orel and Saratov regan (Northern Territory, Australia) (0.9) Toscana, Italy (0.97) Southeast Poland (0.95)
      My Actual DNA Tribes Analysis Results - World Region Match Strong/Strongest and Respective MLIs were: Eastern European------------ 345.41 Northwest European--------- 292.73 Mediterranean----------- 101.19...
      You have included no markers, only results, and only the (parenthetical) intra-population measures. Nevertheless, the very high intra-population measures, mostly 0.9's!, across all populations indicate you resemble all referenced Europeans equally. This is borne out by your World region scores. You are (approximately) 350x more likely to be Eastern European, 300x more likely to be Northwest European and 100x more likely to be Mediterranean than to be a 'Generic Human' with a score of 1.0.

Comment

• tomcat
        FTDNA Customer
        • May 2005

not sure if the Mexican and Central Amerindian matches are enough to show definite South Native American Matches and not North Native American or both. Very curious to find this out. Evenutally I hope to do another update analysis with DNA tribes if they get markers for Cherokee,Choctaw and Chickasaw. ...
        If you order as your next update, an Extended Report, or a match against all populations in the Tribes database, you may find some positive matches to the northern Native American popuations.

Tribes is all over the Web promoting their test as indicative of Native ancestry so they may, eventually, pull enough results to consoildate as a SE Native American sample.
        Last edited by tomcat; 11 August 2007, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Your help is invaluable

Thanks for the link!

Originally posted by tomcat
          If you order as your next update, an Extended Report, or a match against all populations in the Tribes database, you may find some positive matches to the northern Native American popuations.

Tribes is all over the Web promoting their test as indicative of Native ancestry so they may, eventually, pull enough results to consoildate as a SE Native American sample.

Comment

Halogroup H

That is from a Mt-DNA I took a while ago.

As you have positive North African and Arabian scores and East African affiliates with those regions more than Sub-Saharan African, it seems more likely that the East African belongs in that complex.

This is supported by the 0% AbDNA result for SSA and the negative DNAT of 0.07 for West African that is the most likely source region for African ancestry in the Americas. Sub-Saharan Africans are highly distinct, genetically, and any SSA ancestry would likely register in AbDNA.

www.str-base.org.
            ENFSI accepts 8 of the 13 CODIS markers and calls for 2 additional markers, D2 and D19, that are available from FTDNA's Autosomal Panel 2.

What is your mitochondrial DNA haplogoup?

Comment

• haplogroupc
              • Dec 2004

Over all happy with results but not sure if the Mexican and Central Amerindian matches are enough to show definite South Native American Matches and not North Native American or both. Very curious to find this out.
              the test isn't very good at pointing out your Native American tribe. Some people who are American Indian get matches to Mexican tribes or to "Hispanic" and not American Indian tribes. And some people who are Native American don't get any of those matches at all.

My mom's maternal side is Native American from Mexico. Despite it, she gets no Mexican matches on her test. So, don't be surprised if you don't get matched to your tribe. By the way, my mom also gets Eastern European and Poland as her top matches. (are we related?)

Comment

• tomcat
                FTDNA Customer
                • May 2005

That is from a Mt-DNA I took a while ago.
                It hasn't changed, you are still H, although finer distinctions of H are possible via a sub-clades test and such sub-clade results might allow you to leverage your autosomal results.

Comment

Very interesting...

No Mexican matches for your mom huh?
                  Is she from Mexico and Spanish/Mestizo?
                  She has Poland top matches. How would she match these
                  European Countries?Does your mom have any Polish or Eastern European in her family tree? Do you have a theory?
                  It seems that she would at least match Spain or Portugal..
                  Being Mexican.
                  I did notice you have a high native american % on ABDNA results.
                  I would love to have that much NA. Lucky you!!!

ABDNA said that my 12% is a small amount and may just be medditeranean from the bering strait theory. They supposedly went South in Europe
                  before coming to Alaska. Not sure if I totally agree with this
                  bering stait theory,though.
                  My DNA tribes doesn't show any Asian markers either.

Well I took the Native American Panel to see
                  the actual tribe matches.
                  Ecuador was top followed by Mayan.
                  There was a small match for sioux.
                  Since my ethnic background is mixed Aruba/North American(Oklahoma)
                  It is hard to know where this came from.
                  I have done Euro 2.0 ,results should be back in a couple of weeks.
                  I am hoping for some Iberian Portuga/Spain. This should conclude if
                  the native american is north or south. Since most south americans were
                  mixed with Ib.
                  My father has his family tree documented meticulously to French/Dutch
                  Possible German decent.
                  My mom is Irish/British.
                  It should be interesting to find out if this is actually our background.

Thanks for all your help Tom...

Valerie

Originally posted by haplogroupc
                  the test isn't very good at pointing out your Native American tribe. Some people who are American Indian get matches to Mexican tribes or to "Hispanic" and not American Indian tribes. And some people who are Native American don't get any of those matches at all.

My mom's maternal side is Native American from Mexico. Despite it, she gets no Mexican matches on her test. So, don't be surprised if you don't get matched to your tribe. By the way, my mom also gets Eastern European and Poland as her top matches. (are we related?)
                  Last edited by Guest; 12 August 2007, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• tomcat
                    FTDNA Customer
                    • May 2005

My father has his family tree documented meticulously to French/Dutch
                    Possible German decent.
                    My mom is Irish/British.
                    It should be interesting to find out if this is actually our background.
                    Val, Does your father have a Y result to go with his genealogy? And has he posted a GEDCOM?

Comment

• haplogroupc
                      • Dec 2004

No Mexican matches for your mom huh?
                      Is she from Mexico and Spanish/Mestizo?
                      She has Poland top matches. How would she match these
                      European Countries?Does your mom have any Polish or Eastern European in her family tree? Do you have a theory?
                      It seems that she would at least match Spain or Portugal..
                      Being Mexican.

I did notice you have a high native american % on ABDNA results.
                      I would love to have that much NA. Lucky you!!!

I am hoping for some Iberian Portuga/Spain. This should conclude if
                      the native american is north or south. Since most south americans were
                      mixed with Ib.
                      Weird, isn't it? My mom isn't from Mexico but her mother was. My mom's siblings were born there. So, my mom is definitely Mestiza but we don't know if her European ancestry is Spanish. We actually suspect Jewish ancestry because the family surname supposedly originates in Israel. There are alot of other European races in Mexico so it's hard to tell. Just because people have Spanish surnames doesn't prove Spanish ancestry because the Indians were given Spanish names by the Spaniards. And some Europeans changed their names to Spanish names.

If the test is accurate, the Polish could have come from her father's side. She doesn't know anything about him but he was from an area in the US where there was a large migration of people from Poland. They set up communities there.

Maybe your Dad's suspected German ancestry explains your Polish results.

Comment

• girlperson1
                        FTDNA Customer
                        • Jun 2007

www.str-base.org.
                        Do they have a similar data base where you can enter your mtDNA results?

Comment

• tomcat
                          FTDNA Customer
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by girlperson1
                          Do they have a similar data base where you can enter your mtDNA results?
                          I hope someone else will chime in on this question. I have gone to:
                          SMGF provides the latest news and medical reviews on health supplements and products how it affects your health, diet, fertility and genetics

and compared my Mt-DNA on their db. I don't know how to access Oxford Ancestors, was unsuccesful trying to get into RelativeGenetics. So I hope that another will post a guide to checking Mt-DNA online.

The topic DESERVES its own thread on the Mitosearch forum.

Comment

Working...
                          X