Should I order an H subclade test?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I order an H subclade test?

Just got my HVR2 results. In the database, there is only one match of HVR1+HVR2. That person's Subclade H5.

My question is: if two people match on HVR1+HVR2, how likely is it that the H subclade will be the same?

Santa T.

Originally posted by santatraugott
    My question is: if two people match on HVR1+HVR2, how likely is it that the H subclade will be the same?
    Generally, it is pretty likely that they will be the same.

What is your mitosearch ID?

Comment

Mitosearch

it is CSDR4

Comment

Originally posted by santatraugott
        Just got my HVR2 results. In the database, there is only one match of HVR1+HVR2. That person's Subclade H5.

Your case is a little tricky. 16304C, when observed on in haplogroup H, usually denotes haplogroup H5 but I wouldn't say it is definitive. I can't find anyone who has tested their complete mtDNA genome who has a full HVR match with you, so I am reluctant to draw a firm conclusion.

If you curiousity is truly piqued, you probably should order the H subclade test (which tests several coding region polymorphisms). The test is not terribly expensive, and will probably tell you whether you are in H5, H5a, or some other H clade. I think the $89 would be a decent investment.

http://www.familytreedna.com/hclade2.html

Comment

Working...
        X