This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Merovingian bloodline...

Was the Merovingian bloodline R1b1c Atlantic Modal Haplotype (AMH)?

It seem to point to: R1b1c10...

How is anyone supposed to know the Merovingian Ydna at this point?
    Not even Prince Charles is a direct male-to-male descendant. Or not that I know of. Most descendants of the Merovingians came from a zig-zag pattern, like me, from my mothers side. If there is a direct male descendant, he may or may not know it, and if he knows he may not be interested in the test, or may be too broke to get tested.

I would like to know the ydna & mtdna of the medieval Kings of England, but I doubt anyone will exhume them just for some tests.
    Last edited by rainbow; 4 August 2007, 03:58 PM.

Comment

Royalty

Originally posted by rainbow
      How is anyone supposed to know the Merovingian Ydna at this point?
      Not even Prince Charles is a direct male-to-male descendant. Or not that I know of. Most descendants of the Merovingians came from a zig-zag pattern, like me, from my mothers side. If there is a direct male descendant, he may or may not know it, and if he knows he may not be interested in the test, or may be too broke to get tested.

I would like to know the ydna & mtdna of the medieval Kings of England, but I doubt anyone will exhume them just for some tests.
      I have one of my direct male lines that is Tedder. Our name started off as Tudor and our DNA shows up to England. According to my Tudor family Henry the 8th left no male heirs so the world may never know if we are in fact part of the Royal Tudor family.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaffa
        I have one of my direct male lines that is Tedder. Our name started off as Tudor and our DNA shows up to England. According to my Tudor family Henry the 8th left no male heirs so the world may never know if we are in fact part of the Royal Tudor family.
        I knew I was descended from the Merovingians (did i spell that right?) thru my Howard side.
        I later found out there is more on my Harris/Warner side. From there I descend from Margaret Tudor, the eldest sister of Henry VIII.

Comment

The Royal Tudor

I knew I was descended from the Merovingians (did i spell that right?) thru my Howard side.
          I later found out there is more on my Harris/Warner side. From there I descend from Margaret Tudor, the eldest sister of Henry VIII.
          Maybe we are very distant cousins. Our Tedder/Tudor line came from VA and went to Western NC. We haven't been able to figure out when our Tudor line got here from England. Some believe we came from England to Barbados and then to VA. We are missing a lot of paperwork so right now it is unclear how we got here.

Comment

Maybe we are very distant cousins. Our Tedder/Tudor line came from VA and went to Western NC. We haven't been able to figure out when our Tudor line got here from England. Some believe we came from England to Barbados and then to VA. We are missing a lot of paperwork so right now it is unclear how we got here.
            Margaret Tudor married someone from Scotland. I forget who. I'm pretty sure it was a king of Scotland. The name Tudor never got to this shore from my line. I think the name that reached here was Stewart.
            I have the paperwork somewhere in the closet. There's too much to memorize.

At least I don't get the two major Edward's mixed up now. Edward I is not the same person as Edward the Confessor. The way I remember is to think of him as 'Longshanks'.

At this point my main interest is my 17% Native American ancestry, and what my H subclade is, and if I have two copies of delta 32.
            Last edited by rainbow; 4 August 2007, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Howard(Merovigian-Frank).

Hello,
              I have a friend in Northern France,named Huart,who's from Merovigian origin.
              Howard or Huart is Frankisch(Germanic),meaning Hu(wisdom) and Hard.
              The name Huart(Howard) is very common in Southern Belgium and Northern France( see Tournai,the Capital City of the Merovigians).
              Probably it came with the Norman's in GB.
              I hope,this information helps... ...perhaps you already knew.
              Nas

Comment

The Royal Tudor

Margaret Tudor married someone from Scotland. I forget who. I'm pretty sure it was a king of Scotland. The name Tudor never got to this shore from my line. I think the name that reached here was Stewart.
                I have the paperwork somewhere in the closet. There's too much to memorize.

At least I don't get the two major Edward's mixed up now. Edward I is not the same person as Edward the Confessor. The way I remember is to think of him as 'Longshanks'.

At this point my main interest is my 17% Native American ancestry, and what my H subclade is, and if I have two copies of delta 32.
                At least you have the paperwork. I am stuck on my 5th ggrandfather, Harmon Tudor/Tedder. Our DNA matches to the other Tudors but no papers found to date who his father was.

Jodi
                MT-DNA Haplogroup B

Comment

Not decended from Merovigians..but..

Family history on my fathers side.
                  Great and Great Great grandfathers were governors of
                  Aruba St Maarten and Bonair ABC islands were I was born.
                  Both Grandfathers were appointed by King Bernhard of Holland to rule the
                  Islands in 1800- early 1900s.
                  Always thought that was kinda interesting.
                  Even documented over the internet in history.
                  Oddly enough we have a Surname that is French.

Originally posted by nas
                  Hello,
                  The name Huart(Howard) is very common in Southern Belgium and Northern France( see Tournai,the Capital City of the Merovigians).
                  Nas

Comment

Marshal of the Air Force Lord Tedder was head of the RAF, the British air force.

The name Tudor is originally Welsh and is still found in Wales.

Henry VIII's sister Margaret Tudor married King James IV of Scotland, from the Stewart dynasty. James was killed in 1513 at the Battle of Flodden, which is in Northumberland. James and Margaret's infant son James succeeded to the Scottish throne as James V, and married a princess of the French royal line. Their daughter Mary was Mary Queen of Scots. Her first husband (of 3) was the French dauphin, heir to the throne of France.

Harry

Comment

Originally posted by hdw
                      Marshal of the Air Force Lord Tedder was head of the RAF, the British air force.

The name Tudor is originally Welsh and is still found in Wales.

Henry VIII's sister Margaret Tudor married King James IV of Scotland, from the Stewart dynasty. James was killed in 1513 at the Battle of Flodden, which is in Northumberland. James and Margaret's infant son James succeeded to the Scottish throne as James V, and married a princess of the French royal line. Their daughter Mary was Mary Queen of Scots. Her first husband (of 3) was the French dauphin, heir to the throne of France.

Harry
                      I just went and checked our DNA results for the Tudor/Tedder since I had not seen them. One of our Tedder cousins took the test. R1b1 which they say is the most common haplogroup in Europe.

Comment

I just went and checked our DNA results for the Tudor/Tedder since I had not seen them. One of our Tedder cousins took the test. R1b1 which they say is the most common haplogroup in Europe.
                        Lord Tedder is certainly the most famous bearer of the name. He was Arthur Tedder, 1st Baron Tedder (1890-1967), and he was born in Stirlingshire, Scotland, to Sir Arthur John Tedder and Emily Charlotte Bryson (I have Y DNA matches with Brysons). The father was the civil servant who drew up the UK's first old-age pension scheme.

For Lord Tedder's war record in both world wars, see his Wikipedia entry.

Harry

Comment

The Royal Tudor

Originally posted by hdw
                          Lord Tedder is certainly the most famous bearer of the name. He was Arthur Tedder, 1st Baron Tedder (1890-1967), and he was born in Stirlingshire, Scotland, to Sir Arthur John Tedder and Emily Charlotte Bryson (I have Y DNA matches with Brysons). The father was the civil servant who drew up the UK's first old-age pension scheme.

For Lord Tedder's war record in both world wars, see his Wikipedia entry.

Harry
                          Thanks for that info. I emailed our Tudor/Tedder family to see what other names their DNA might match up to. I do know that the name Owen Tudor does pop up in our family lines. Owen Tudor did start the Tudor dynasty

Comment

Merovingian Bloodlines.

I just wanted to clarify something about the Merovingian Bloodlines. It is thought that the progenitor of those bloodlines, King Meroveus, was of Jewish Ancestry, more aptly, the lost tribes of Benjamin. Also back through Joseph of Arimathea and Jesus Christ. According to the Priory of Sion's "Dossiers Secret" they migrated to Greece, then Germany and down/over to France.

Assuming that this is correct, and that there was no intertwining with alien races as some are convinced,then I would think that the Haplogroup of Meroveus would be a more Middle Eastern type such as J1/J2.

Comment

Originally posted by nas
                              Hello,
                              Nas

A Duchess of Norfolk, a Mowbray, married a Howard, and then Howard became the name of the future Dukes of Norfolk. They were my ancestors. They were English.
                              Not Belgian.
                              The Plantagenets were, I think, of Merovigian descent. There was just so much intermarriage between various families for centuries.
                              I simply say it's on my Howard side.

Comment

Working...
                              X