Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dnaval
    Guest replied
    Thanks Tom, for the clarification on this matter.

Ok this kinda rules out the African American influence.
    Very interesting about the North African response.

Val

Originally posted by tomcat
    North African is not 'African' in the DNAP universe, it is Indo-European. Sub-Saharan African in the DNAP universe is 'African'.

The fact that you got a North African match score from Tribes does not assure you that you have North African ancestry. It simply means that your allelic profile (that is, afterall, a composite of your parents) has a certain likelihood of matching to the allelic profiles of North Africans.

Cleopatra was a Ptolomy, a Greek, and Hannibal, Phoenician. The Berbers, et al, were Arab before the Arabs were Muslim. It isn't about the color of your skin or the content of your character, it is only about who gets to control coastal real estate.

Leave a comment:

• tomcat
    FTDNA Customer

• tomcat
    replied
    North African is not 'African' in the DNAP universe, it is Indo-European. Sub-Saharan African in the DNAP universe is 'African'.

The fact that you got a North African match score from Tribes does not assure you that you have North African ancestry. It simply means that your allelic profile (that is, afterall, a composite of your parents) has a certain likelihood of matching to the allelic profiles of North Africans.

Cleopatra was a Ptolomy, a Greek, and Hannibal, Phoenician. The Berbers, et al, were Arab before the Arabs were Muslim. It isn't about the color of your skin or the content of your character, it is only about who gets to control coastal real estate.

Leave a comment:

• dnaval
    Guest started a topic Sub-Saharan African

Sub-Saharan African

Hi I would like your input comparing some
    results I got on DNA tribes and DNA print.

My actual ancestry by DNA results were:
    NA 12% EA 0% SSA 0% IE 88%

The graph showed a possible redline marker up to 10% on SSA
    and possible redline marker up to 5% on Asian.
    Anyone who is familar with the DNA print graph understands
    these are only possibilities.

This is my World Region Match on DNA tribes:
    What I am wondering is this..
    I got North African(.52 )---------11.35
    and (.05)---------------.66

Should I just mark this small % as not enough for proof.

Either way is fine..Just curious.
    I you have any ideas on this I welcome them.

TY!
Working...
X