Penta E & D Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tomcat
    If dollars are of concern you can get 15 markers from Tribes and their analysis for less than the cost of lab work through FTDNA plus Tribes 100USD analysis. And you can still do your own analysis via the free Omnipop. D2 and D19 are needed for ENFSI and Tribes does not offer them. FTDNA does. Tribes Europa analysis is a follow-on test much like AbDNA's Euro 1 and 2, you have to get have Tribes BGA Plus results before you do Europa.

I don't know if DNAPrint requires a new sample for their Euro's as I have never taken them (I don't qualify based on my AbDNA results).
    Again, thanks! I decided to order the Autosomal Panel 1 and the D2, D19. I read earlier where to get the file to do my own analysis. I'm pretty sure I can handle that.

I may do the other test type later. This will get me started... Thanks again!!

Comment

Anyone interested in either of the two autosomal tests currently on the market might become a better informed consumer by reading of the experiences of others who have taken these tests. For the admixture test see: www.dnaprintlog.org. For the profile matching test see: www.dnatribeslog.org

Two sites created by Chas. Kirchner.

Comment

Hi,
        Did those of you who have your Penta E and D scores from Tribes get them with an update or did you just ask and you got them?
        They told me when I asked that if I did an update I would get them included?

Comment

Originally posted by burto
          Hi,
          Did those of you who have your Penta E and D scores from Tribes get them with an update or did you just ask and you got them?
          They told me when I asked that if I did an update I would get them included?
          If you get an update it will now include Penta D&E in the calculations and the table of alleles. But if you just want to know what your Penta alleles are, Tribes will give you the numbers. I asked for and got mine some months ago when I learned Tribes had them after I inquired about additional testing and additional markers available through their affiliate lab.

Comment

Am still analyzing/thinking about the July 2007 update I just obtained from Tribes, and something just appeared out of a comparison with another Tribes testing individual.

Here goes: on Kerchner's Tribes Results Log, an Ashkenazi gentleman noted his results from his July 2007 update (including Penta D & E). In his results compared to his previous test in March 2007, his Spanish (Basque and Andalusian) results decreased significantly, while a Sicily match advanced; and his World Region match to Arabian soared (more than tripled), while his North African match decreased significantly (by almost 3/4).

My results with my update changed in a somewhat similar fashion. My 'strong' and 'average' Spain matches dropped to 2 'lowest' matches. My Sicilian match remained, while my northern Italian matches dropped out of my top 20 native matches. My Arabian match nearly doubled (from 0.92 to 1.76). However, my North African match was unchanged (0.47 to 0.48).

Ideas generated here: on this current Tribes testing cycle 'evolution,' individuals with known predominant Semitic-European admixture may see fewer or lower-scoring Spanish matches and a higher Arabian World Region match, with an update. Those, like me, who are investigating possible Semitic ancestry may find that a higher Arabian match on update may be further impetus for exploration. And those with known Semitic ancestry admixed with 'New World' descent--well, it's going to be interesting to learn their news, too.

Comment

This is interesting. I am curious what mine will say.

I just ordered the DNATRIBES Europa and a new update analysis. I hope I ordered the right one, the one with the new penta e & d.

Comment

Originally posted by rainbow
                This is interesting. I am curious what mine will say.

I just ordered the DNATRIBES Europa and a new update analysis. I hope I ordered the right one, the one with the new penta e & d.
                Actually, all the analyses that DNAT is doing now include Penta E & D, I believe. I got just a 'plain vanilla' update of my previous standard analysis. Don't know if I'll go for a Europe test.

How come you chose DNAT's Europa over AbDNA's Euro 2.0? In terms of robustness, AbDNA's product clearly looks better. Alas, it's also much more expensive. Of course, DNAT does profile matching and AbDNA is into admixture mapping, but AbDNA uses allele markers that appear to be more ancestrally informative than those that DNAT works with.

Comment

Originally posted by jah
                  Actually, all the analyses that DNAT is doing now include Penta E & D, I believe. I got just a 'plain vanilla' update of my previous standard analysis. Don't know if I'll go for a Europe test.

How come you chose DNAT's Europa over AbDNA's Euro 2.0? In terms of robustness, AbDNA's product clearly looks better. Alas, it's also much more expensive. Of course, DNAT does profile matching and AbDNA is into admixture mapping, but AbDNA uses allele markers that appear to be more ancestrally informative than those that DNAT works with.
                  I don't qualify for the Euro test by AncestryByDna by their standards. I had originally paid for the ABD Euro last year but they refunded the difference because the 17% Native American, they say I have, disqualifies me.

I just got my DNA Tribes Europa in my email. I'll start a new thread just for DNA Tribes Europa.

I also bought an update. They sent me updates for each of my past reports.

Comment

I just posted my MLI scores from my Europa report.

I don't qualify for the ABD Euro report, but the DNA Tribes Europa report is, I believe, for anyone to see their closest European matches.

My top match is Portuguese (0.63) 20.54

That means I match 63% of Portuguese, and 37% Portuguese have a higher score than me.

Comment

I emailed DNA Tribes. Turns out it was the new markers, Penta E & D, that knocked Mozambique out of my DNA profile. I don't match Sub-Saharan African at all. Mozambique was my second highest match in the original report last year.

The newly included Penta D & E markers can provide a strong distinction between African and non-African populations in some cases. Your Southern African TribeScore of less than (0.05) indicates your DNA profile excludes membership in these populations.
                      Last edited by rainbow; 17 August 2007, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X