Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maria_W
    Kathleen.
    It is in the Native, Global and World report that you get. I had it all written up for you from the DNA Tribes report but I couldn't post it becasue the site was down and won't accept it and it was a long paragraph. It does say that those are percentages. For instance your Russian TribesScore of (0.51) Means you have a score higher than 51% of Russian people and 49% of Russian people have a higher score than you! Same for your Polish score.
    Maria
    OH OK..Thanks Maria..I may get that when we come back..we are going for a three day week-end with our horse and cart..with lots of other folks too..
    looking forward to it..

I was very pleased with the Europa and told Lucas that..

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
      ... my Polish score of (0.62)is higher than 62 % of actual Polish scores. and the rest:
      Russian(0.51)19.67
      Germanic(0.47)13.72
      North Atlantic(0.44)12.78
      Balkan(0.46)11.79
      Portugeuse(0.48)10.44
      Greek(0.38)6.21
      Ashkenzai(0.23)5.65
      Spanish(0.29) 5.27
      Italian(0.28 )5.22
      Finno-Ugrian(0.34) 4.78)
      Basque (0.1) 1.07

Quite interesting..
      and I still belive that that Russian, which on ENSFI is Estonian, is what "looks" Salish for me..in the same percentages I think..
      My Polish is Polish..
      Estonian in the Europa remains Finno-Ugrian. ENFSI's Estonian is Estonian, not Russian. And your intra-population scores are middling, so, there is still something of a mystery about your results. Yes, some alleles that have high incidence among Native Americans/Salish are also of high incidence among Estonians/Finns.

Comment

Hi Jah

Would love to see your new Tribes scores. Would you mind posting them?

Maria
        Well, here's a synopsis of the change with my update:
        Mestizo dropped from 4.3 to 4.06 (0.47);
        Asia Minor dropped from 3.61 to 2.37 (0.23);
        Mongolian dropped from 2.73 to 0.01 (0);
        Mediterranean dropped from 2.37 to 2.0 (0.16);
        Arabian *increased* from 0.92 to 1.76 (0.16);
        Northwest European dropped from 1.78 to 1.21 (0.09);
        Eastern European dropped from 1.18 to 0.8 (0.07); and I got a new region match of East African 1.16 (0.09).

My North African score went from 0.47 to 0.48--that it didn't change seems a little intriguing (at least to me).

Finally, a North India region match was new for me also--0.82 (0.06) (not very significant, I know, but interesting because I don't have any known Indian ancestry and this score is higher than my Eastern European score).

All of a sudden, the reported Andalusian ancestry on my mother's side is looking even less Spanish and more Moorish.

Comment

New Penta d and e

My Tribes update with extra 2 markers is:

Native:

1. Bucharest, Romania 1,113.00 (0.99) (Very High)(No, it not a mistake! My score tripled from around 358.00 to 1,113.00)
          2. Czech Republic 427.00 (0.96) (Very High)
          3. Northern Ireland 417.18 (0.93)
          4. Flemish (Belgium) 407.89 (0.88)
          5. Belarus 341.13 (0.79)
          6. Germany 335.78 (0.95) Known ancestry
          7. Denmark 328.62 (0.96) (Very High)
          8. Belarus 266.50 (0.93)
          9. Rome, Italy 252.22 (0.9)
          10. Polasie, Northeast, Poland 240.67 (0.8)
          11. Italy 239.38 (0.8)
          12. South Poland 228.56 (0.92)
          13. Western Poland 225.94 (0.86)
          14. Dundee, Scotland 200.93 (0.87)
          15. Bosnia-Herzagovenia 199.28 (0.95) (Very High )
          16. Southest Poland 191.97 (0.91)
          17. Estorian 173.81 (0.92)
          18. Upper Silesia, Poland 160.51 (0.84)
          19. Glasgow, Scotland 140.46 (0.84) Known ancestry
          20. Ireland 129.36 (0.85) Known ancestry

Will post Global and World later. Why do I get such high scores, especially Romania. I am totally stunned. Could someone help me out?

Maria

Comment

Tribes? Penta?

I'm a newbie, but can someone fill me in on the fascinating results you are getting? Where can I get results like these?

Can you also tell me how they can tell percentage of some ethnicity? Is it only along the mothers mothers mothers... line?

Thanks, I love reading the forum.

Comment

I'm new to this too and sorry if this question has been answered before. Since FTDNA already has my sample, I'd prefer to have these tests done by them, but it would cost me slightly more to do that if I then wanted to upload my results to DNA Tribes. So if I have FTDNA do the tests, is there a good public reference (journal article, website, etc.) I could use to interpret my results? Thanks,

Vinnie

Comment

1. Bucharest, Romania 1,113.00 (0.99) (Very High)(No, it not a mistake! My score tripled from around 358.00 to 1,113.00)

... Why do I get such high scores, especially Romania. I am totally stunned. Could someone help me out?
                It is the sort of match score one sees in a Tribes sample.pdf and at 0.99 you are a nearly perfect Bucharestian. Is there something you want to tell us?

Comment

Originally posted by vinnie
                  I'm new to this too and sorry if this question has been answered before. Since FTDNA already has my sample, I'd prefer to have these tests done by them, but it would cost me slightly more to do that if I then wanted to upload my results to DNA Tribes. So if I have FTDNA do the tests, is there a good public reference (journal article, website, etc.) I could use to interpret my results? Thanks,

Vinnie
                  It has been answered before, many times in the 'Tribes' threads. You might read those threads. There is an online calculator for European populations (you need D2 and D19 from Autosomal Panel 2) and there is a free downloadable Excel calculator, Omnipop with 202 world populations. You can get these links and others from www.dna-fingerprint.com (External Links) and you can also post your results in their Amatch db.

Comment

[QUOTE=jaynegen]I'm a newbie, but can someone fill me in on the fascinating results you are getting? Where can I get results like these?

Can you also tell me how they can tell percentage of some ethnicity? Is it only along the mothers mothers mothers... line?

...QUOTE]

See my reply to 'vinnie' above.

The tests referred to in this, and many other threads, are autosomal, based on sampling the non-sex chromosomes that are subject to recombination, so, results indicate overall ancestry not ancestry from either parental line exclusively.

There are only two sorts of test available. DNATribes/Europa/Omnipop/ENFSI are all based on a profile-matching algorithm and DNAPrint/AncestryByDNA2.5/Euro1.0/Euro2.0 are based on an admixture mapping algorithm. The admixture mapping routine produces percentage estimates of ancestry. The profile matching routine produces scores that indicate likelihood of one's profile matching the profiles of specific populations.

Comment

[QUOTE=tomcat]
                      Originally posted by jaynegen
                      I'm a newbie, but can someone fill me in on the fascinating results you are getting? Where can I get results like these?

...QUOTE]

See my reply to 'vinnie' above.

The tests referred to in this, and many other threads, are autosomal, based on sampling the non-sex chromosomes that are subject to recombination, so, results indicate overall ancestry not ancestry from either parental line exclusively.

There are only two sorts of test available. DNATribes/Europa/Omnipop/ENFSI are all based on a profile-matching algorithm and DNAPrint/AncestryByDNA2.5/Euro1.0/Euro2.0 are based on an admixture mapping algorithm. The admixture mapping routine produces percentage estimates of ancestry. The profile matching routine produces scores that indicate likelihood of one's profile matching the profiles of specific populations.
                      Thanks for the response. So, which is better? DNATribes/Europa/Omnipop/ENFSI or DNAPrint/AncestryByDNA2.5/Euro1.0/Euro2.0? And, since I had my mtdna run, do I need to send another swab in or am I covered? Does FTdna run these tests, or are these different companies? And, what exactly am I testing?

Sorry for all the questions, please don't be too impatient, I actually went through and reread all of the posts in this thread and am still unclear. As I said, I'm very new to this. I'm trying to pick up as much info about this as I can myself, but these are still my remaining questions.

I saw that Europa upgrade is $69, does that mean I can just tell ftdna to run that? This is my confusion.

Thanks so much, I really do appreciate all you all do.

Comment

Just what will Penta D and Penta E results tell one?

Comment

[QUOTE=jaynegen]...
                          So, which is better? DNATribes/Europa/Omnipop/ENFSI or DNAPrint/AncestryByDNA2.5/Euro1.0/Euro2.0? And, since I had my mtdna run, do I need to send another swab in or am I covered? Does FTdna run these tests, or are these different companies? And, what exactly am I testing?
                          I saw that Europa upgrade is $69, does that mean I can just tell ftdna to run that? This is my confusion.
                          ...QUOTE]

I have taken both the admixture-mapping and profile-matching. I won't recommend one over the other.

FTDNA can do the lab work for the profile-matching tests (Tribes etc.) and they can use the sample on hand. You need Autosomal Panel 1 plus D2 and D19 off Autosomal Panel 2. These markers are STR's, short tandem repeats. You can do your own analysis for free on ENFSI and Omnipop or send your lab report to Tribes and for 100USD they will run your numbers against their 600+ population db. www.dnatribes.com

For admixture mapping you will probably have to send a new sample to AbDNA. They test for SNP's, single nucleotide poymorphisms. www.ancestrybydna.com

Comment

Originally posted by marvallen
                            Just what will Penta D and Penta E results tell one?
                            They are an additional 2 bi-alleleic markers that permit finer discrimination than the prior 13 bi-allelic marker analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat
                              I have taken both the admixture-mapping and profile-matching. I won't recommend one over the other.

FTDNA can do the lab work for the profile-matching tests (Tribes etc.) and they can use the sample on hand. You need Autosomal Panel 1 plus D2 and D19 off Autosomal Panel 2. These markers are STR's, short tandem repeats. You can do your own analysis for free on ENFSI and Omnipop or send your lab report to Tribes and for 100USD they will run your numbers against their 600+ population db. www.dnatribes.com

For admixture mapping you will probably have to send a new sample to AbDNA. They test for SNP's, single nucleotide poymorphisms. www.ancestrybydna.com

Thank you! This really cleared it up for me. I appreciate it!

Comment

Originally posted by jaynegen
                                Thank you! This really cleared it up for me. I appreciate it!
                                If dollars are of concern you can get 15 markers from Tribes and their analysis for less than the cost of lab work through FTDNA plus Tribes 100USD analysis. And you can still do your own analysis via the free Omnipop. D2 and D19 are needed for ENFSI and Tribes does not offer them. FTDNA does. Tribes Europa analysis is a follow-on test much like AbDNA's Euro 1 and 2, you have to get have Tribes BGA Plus results before you do Europa.

I don't know if DNAPrint requires a new sample for their Euro's as I have never taken them (I don't qualify based on my AbDNA results).

Comment

Working...
                                X