Penta E & D Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully today.

Happy that you got the results you were hoping for. Now if I can just get my results back. Who knows what mine will say!
    Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Maria_W
      Has anyone else besides Kathleen done the new Europa test or updated from the old 13 to the new 15 markers. I just fired off another email to dnatribes because I still haven't recieved my results from Saturday night!
      Maria
      Hi Maria,
      I just updated my January 2007 Tribes analysis--ordered update on 7/28/07, got results on 7/30/07.

Questions (for anyone who would care to respond): it seems certain that Tribes must have run the Penta D & E tests when I sent them my original and only sample in January. Now the inclusion of these alleles in individual reports is called an "upgrade;" hmm. When do you think that they began testing samples for Penta D & E? Even if these pentanucleotide alleles are highly polymorphic, anyone have an idea how large the body of data is, in terms of different populations, for them?

And, not surprisingly, I saw some interesting changes in my update.

Comment

DNA Tribes.

Well I am glad to hear that you got your test. So far I haven't recieved mine. My test went to Germany orginally. Did yours? Were your results anywhere near your known ancestry? I update almost every month and they have not be included in my results. So I assume in July.
        Maria

Comment

Originally posted by jah
          Hi Maria,
          I just updated my January 2007 Tribes analysis--ordered update on 7/28/07, got results on 7/30/07.

Questions (for anyone who would care to respond): it seems certain that Tribes must have run the Penta D & E tests when I sent them my original and only sample in January. Now the inclusion of these alleles in individual reports is called an "upgrade;" hmm. When do you think that they began testing samples for Penta D & E? Even if these pentanucleotide alleles are highly polymorphic, anyone have an idea how large the body of data is, in terms of different populations, for them?

And, not surprisingly, I saw some interesting changes in my update.
          Most labs purchase systems for sequencing CODIS, each supplier offers an assortment of markers (you can find all the major brands on the NIST site) so when the New Mexico lab replaced DNA-F as the Tribes affiliate lab they ran their system and it included the Pentas. I expect DNA-F also ran an industry-standard CODIS system when they were the lab for Tribes. Tribes only needed the 13 markers but DNA-F ran all markers on Panel 1 (now offered by FTDNA).

I don't know how large the database is for the Pentas. Omnipop only has 23 populations that have been sampled for the Pentas. I had expected that when Tribes announced the inclusion of the Pentas they would announce a bunch of new population samples. But they did not. Within the past year Tribes previously announced that all tests would be based on 13 rather than 9 CODIS markers. I don't know how they 'compensated' for the population samples (the biggest group on Omnipop) that were based on 9 markers.

Did I make any sense? Probably not. Too much information? Probably.

Ask Tribes! Good idea.

Comment

Well I am glad to hear that you got your test. So far I haven't recieved mine. My test went to Germany orginally. Did yours? Were your results anywhere near your known ancestry? I update almost every month and they have not be included in my results. So I assume in July.
            Maria
            Maria
            I did my first Tribes test in Sept. 2006..they had to have done them then.
            Somebody here on this list mentioned to us in the spring that Tribes would send you your Penta markers if you asked them.
            I asked them on April 10th for those markers and they sent them right out..
            I had already tested my Penta E here at FTDNA as I did not know that..

I had by then done my sisters markers and I sent her scores off and asked them why she did not show a strong Salish score...and they told me this"Like your own, your sister's allelic profile also obtains a substantial Salishan score, which is rare for people of European descent. " AND THIS "Both Salishan scores were substantially above the expected range for Europeans. However, European affiliations were also observed and were overall most likely. "

Since I got my Europa scores I am thinking (As I did before) that what looks like Salish is really some Russian/Estonian/Siberian tribe..

I do not think my test went to German..am sure that it did not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
              Penta D: 11,13
              Penta E: 13,16

I found after I tested Penta E here that DNA Tribes tested it.They willtell you what they are.They do not send it as part of their allele list.
              What did I miss?! So they have actually test them when they analyse your results? What do you ask for to get these extra and is there a charge? Does it actually change results or make them a bit more viable?

Comment

Got my results!

Just recieved my results from DNA Tribes. Part of the problem was the size of my Europa test results. It was over 4 mb and my mail box will only take 2 mg at a time. Had to give alternative email address. I will post my Europa results later. My update with the new markers increased my scores quite alot, especially Romania. It went up triple!
                Maria

Comment

Originally posted by burto
                  What did I miss?! So they have actually test them when they analyse your results? What do you ask for to get these extra and is there a charge? Does it actually change results or make them a bit more viable?
                  Just email Tribes and ask for your Penta results, they will email back with the numbers. There is no charge as the Pentas were automatically sequenced by the lab along with the 13 CODIS markers - you already paid for them with the portion of test cost devoted to lab fees.

Until the recent announcement, Tribes was not using the Pentas in their calculations, so, Tribes must have recently amassed sufficient population data for the Pentas to permit their use in their calculations. Omnipop has 23 populations with Penta results. The Uni-Duesseldorf site has Penta data. The Pentas are accepted on the DNA-F Amatch database.

Comment

Europa scores are here!

My Europa scores are as follows:

1. Polish 240.00 (.9)
                    2. Balkan 131.64 (.9)
                    3. Russian 123.34 (.85)
                    4. German 100.56 (.84)
                    5. North Atlantic 88.96 (.8)
                    6. Ashkenazi 20.43 (.44)
                    7. Italian 19.17 (.59)
                    8. Portuguese 11.82 (.05)
                    9. Greek 10.55 (.51)
                    10. Finno Urgian 7.15 (.43)
                    11. Spanish 3.01 (.2)
                    12. Basque 1.43 (.12)

I really like the way they tell you how much higher your score is than the average person from that population. For instance my Russian score is higher than 85% of people from Russia which means 15% of the Russian population has a higher score than me. Comments welcome.

Maria

Comment

My Europa scores are as follows:

1. Polish 240.00 (.9)
                      2. Balkan 131.64 (.9)
                      3. Russian 123.34 (.85)
                      4. German 100.56 (.84)
                      6. Ashkenazi 20.43 (.44)
                      7. Italian 19.17 (.59)
                      9. Greek 10.55 (.51)
                      11. Spanish 3.01 (.2)
                      12. Basque 1.43 (.12)

I really like the way they tell you how much higher your score is than the average person from that population. For instance my Russian score is higher than 85% of people from Russia which means 15% of the Russian population has a higher score than me. Comments welcome.

Maria
                      Maria
                      I was not aware it meant that..did it say so in the report?Mine did not..
                      My Polish is (0.62) 31.13
                      Russian (0.51)19.67

Comment

DNA Tribes scores

Hi Jah

Would love to see your new Tribes scores. Would you mind posting them?

Maria

Comment

New update.

Kathleen.
                          Did you also do the new 15 marker update on Native Global and World. I did and it really changed my scores. Will be posting them later.
                          Maria

Comment

1. Polish 240.00 (.9)
                            2. Balkan 131.64 (.9)
                            3. Russian 123.34 (.85)
                            4. German 100.56 (.84)
                            6. Ashkenazi 20.43 (.44)
                            7. Italian 19.17 (.59)
                            9. Greek 10.55 (.51)
                            11. Spanish 3.01 (.2)
                            12. Basque 1.43 (.12)

Last I recall Bucharest was your big match. This agrees with your big Euro 1.0 score for NE Europe. Golly, this must be the week for all Tribalists to get in touch with their Slavic roots.

Comment

Kathleen.
                              Did you also do the new 15 marker update on Native Global and World. I did and it really changed my scores. Will be posting them later.
                              Maria
                              Maria
                              No I did not do that..maybe I will later.I just wanted to do this one.I have long wanted to do just European.
                              I e-mailed Lucas and he told me, as you said that my Polish score of (0.62)is higher than 62 % of actual Polish scores. and the rest:
                              Russian(0.51)19.67
                              Germanic(0.47)13.72
                              North Atlantic(0.44)12.78
                              Balkan(0.46)11.79
                              Portugeuse(0.48)10.44
                              Greek(0.38)6.21
                              Ashkenzai(0.23)5.65
                              Spanish(0.29) 5.27
                              Italian(0.28 )5.22
                              Finno-Ugrian(0.34) 4.78)
                              Basque (0.1) 1.07

Quite interesting..
                              and I still belive that that Russian, which on ENSFI is Estonian, is what "looks" Salish for me..in the same percentages I think..
                              My Polish is Polish..

Comment

(0.51) means 51%

Kathleen.
                                It is in the Native, Global and World report that you get. I had it all written up for you from the DNA Tribes report but I couldn't post it becasue the site was down and won't accept it and it was a long paragraph. It does say that those are percentages. For instance your Russian TribesScore of (0.51) Means you have a score higher than 51% of Russian people and 49% of Russian people have a higher score than you! Same for your Polish score.
                                Maria
                                Last edited by Maria_W; 2 August 2007, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X