Penta E & D Testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maria_W
    Kathleen if you get your results will you let me know. For me I have to wait to get my penta d and e from Fingerprint. But doesn't Fingerprint belong to familytreedna now.?
    Maria
    If you got your STR's through DNA-Fingerprint directly they ought to be listed on the DNA-F site under your account. But if DNA-F was only the lab, at the time, for Tribes, they may have to dig for them. Yes, DNA-F is now owned by FTDNA, but Thomas Krahn still keeps in touch with the DNA-F site and someone is minding the db in Berlin.

Comment

Waiting for results from Germany.

I sent my orginal dna sample to Germany. Evidently they tested it there too. Then I also did my Penta d and e through Familytree becasue I didn't know that they would also be tested in Germany. So I have to wait for them from Germany. Can't they get them from FamilytreeDNA? Acutally I told them my results from Familytree but I guess they can't do it that way. So here I wait... Hope its done soon.
      Maria

Comment

Originally posted by tomcat
        Just so, a Sephardi population sample would be irresistable!

I looked-over the Ashkenazi.pdf, it is somewhat different than that of February and does not include a list of alleles. I also traced the order of matches on a map and they did not form a Star of David. Can such results possibly be correct?

The Ashkenazi, at half-strength, 'resemble' Italians and Russians, and at one-third-strength, resemble Germans, North Atlanteans, Spanish, Portuguese, and Basque. At one-quarter-strength they are comparable to Balkans and at one-tenth-strength Finno-Ugrians.

It is somewhat interesting that the indicated homeland for Ashkenazi is intermediate on an arc from Italy to Russia and the one-third-strength matches are on another arc further west.

Woo Hoo!
        Got it this morning at 11:02
        I am very satisfied with it.. Of course Tom had to confuse me as I don't know what one-quarter strength means..

Polish(0.62)31.13
        Russian(0.51)19.67
        Germanic(0.47)13.72
        North Atlantic(0.44)12.78
        Balkan(0.46)11.79
        Portugeuse(0.48)10.44
        Greek(0.38)6.21
        Ashkenzai(0.23)5.65
        Spanish(0.29) 5.27
        Italian(0.28 )5.22
        Finno-Ugrian(0.34) 4.78)
        Basque (0.1) 1.07

Comment

Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
          Woo Hoo!
          Got it this morning at 11:02
          I am very satisfied with it.. Of course Tom had to confuse me as I don't know what one-quarter strength means..

Polish(0.62)31.13
          Russian(0.51)19.67
          Your Russian match score is (appx) 2/3 the strength of your top match score, Polish.

Comment

Polish(0.62)31.13
            Russian(0.51)19.67
            Germanic(0.47)13.72
            North Atlantic(0.44)12.78
            Balkan(0.46)11.79
            Portugeuse(0.48)10.44
            Greek(0.38)6.21
            Ashkenzai(0.23)5.65
            Spanish(0.29) 5.27
            Italian(0.28 )5.22
            Finno-Ugrian(0.34) 4.78)
            Basque (0.1) 1.07
            There, that proves what we say every March 17, "There's a little bit of Irish in everyone"

Comment

I thought that..and my Finno-Ugric went away essentially..

I does not look just like an Irish profile which would have North Atlantic in #1 but Polish says this:
              "The Polish region also includes parts of the historical territories of the Celts,Germanic and Baltic people"

I think it suits..except for the Russian maybe..which I guess is still my Estonian??
              It does fit..I like it..

A little bit of Ashkenazai which says "along the Rhine River"..they are also found in pre-expulsion France..in enclaves and they did assimilate with Normans and others who went into Ireland

Comment

There, that proves what we say every March 17, "There's a little bit of Irish in everyone"
                hahaha
                Actually all of the high matches if you look include either historically Celtic territory, ARE PRESENTLY home to historic Celtic and Norse ..include Scandinavian cultures in their territories..
                and (except for the Russian) are around the North Sea or Irish Sea..

Comment

Good for you but....

Kathleen.
                  Did you send your sample orginally to Germany? I send my to Germany and I guess that is the problem. I still haven't recieved my order from Saturday night. I payed for both Europa and update. Disappointed but happy you have yours.
                  Maria

Comment

Originally posted by Maria_W
                    Kathleen.
                    Did you send your sample orginally to Germany? I send my to Germany and I guess that is the problem. I still haven't recieved my order from Saturday night. I payed for both Europa and update. Disappointed but happy you have yours.
                    Maria
                    No I sent mine to DNATribes..they are the ones who did it..
                    Didn't they do your autosomal originally?
                    I found out a few months ago that when they (DNATribes) did it they also did the Penta #s...

I think it is pretty cool.. it fits I think..the Russian (Estonian) must indicate the unknown GF..the rest fits I think with the fact that 2/3 of my Ancestry is Irish..and many of them originally were Norman French who kind of continued to marry each other..
                    My #3 match is Germanic which is Normany/France/Low Countries and Norway..which IS that population..
                    regardless of Tom's smarty comments..

Comment

I think it is pretty cool.. it fits I think..the Russian (Estonian) must indicate the unknown GF..the rest fits I think with the fact that 2/3 of my Ancestry is Irish..and many of them originally were Norman French who kind of continued to marry each other..
                      My #3 match is Germanic which is Normany/France/Low Countries and Norway..which IS that population..
                      regardless of Tom's smarty comments..
                      The results do seem internally consistent, the Germanic and Russian matches bracket the Polish, yielding a Northern European with an Eastern bias. And that line does extend west to the Northern Atlanteans but they, the Northern Atlanteans, do command a pretty thick slab of Atlantic France.

Comment

The results do seem internally consistent, the Germanic and Russian matches bracket the Polish, yielding a Northern European with an Eastern bias. And that line does extend west to the Northern Atlanteans but they, the Northern Atlanteans, do command a pretty thick slab of Atlantic France.
                        Well that is true of course...North Atlanteans are most clearly the French Atlantic but we don't know where most of our guys where from who came over around and after 1066..none of mine descend from Rollo himself I am sure ..
                        Do you think Russian is the new Estonia/Czech? or did I lose that with the Finno-Ugric..?

What they says is"sub-regions of Europe where your DNA profile is most common" ...not necessarily where you come from... hedging their bets of course..

I also have deafening lack of Mediterranean except for Portugeuse ...

Comment

Well that is true of course...North Atlanteans are most clearly the French Atlantic but we don't know where most of our guys where from who came over around and after 1066..none of mine descend from Rollo himself I am sure ..
                          Do you think Russian is the new Estonia/Czech? or did I lose that with the Finno-Ugric..?

What they says is"sub-regions of Europe where your DNA profile is most common" ...not necessarily where you come from... hedging their bets of course..

I also have deafening lack of Mediterranean except for Portugeuse ...
                          Normandy is North Atlantean, as is Lille and all the better bits of Belgium, all the coast from north of Calais to Aquitaine. Toulouse is now Spanish.

I think the Czechs got divided between Germania and Polandia. Estonia may have been incorporated into Russiania. Yes, all of Mediterrania is definitely second tier in your report.

I wonder if the European Union can survive this upset of old verities?

Comment

Normandy is North Atlantean, as is Lille and all the better bits of Belgium, all the coast from north of Calais to Aquitaine. Toulouse is now Spanish.

I think the Czechs got divided between Germania and Polandia. Estonia may have been incorporated into Russiania. Yes, all of Mediterrania is definitely second tier in your report.

I wonder if the European Union can survive this upset of old verities?
                            Well if Estonia went with Russia that is why Finno-Ugric was kicked to the bottom of the list..into the basement with the Med.

Polandia according to Lucas was the ancestral place, with Portugal, of Celtic culture..North Atlantic the final resting place so-to-speak

Poland on my report is flashing like a marquee...

Comment

Darn..

My sample at that time was being done in Germany. Thats the issue I guess. They have to retive it. Hope they hurry up I want my results.
                              Maria

Comment

Waiting still...

Has anyone else besides Kathleen done the new Europa test or updated from the old 13 to the new 15 markers. I just fired off another email to dnatribes because I still haven't recieved my results from Saturday night!
                                Maria

Comment

Working...
                                X