Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Penta E & D Testing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Penta E & D Testing

    I am doing an upgrade from N.A.T.
    with a PenaE/D
    Has anyone in forum done this yet?

  • #2
    Originally posted by dnaval
    I am doing an upgrade from N.A.T.
    with a PenaE/D
    Has anyone in forum done this yet?
    Penta D: 11,13
    Penta E: 13,16

    I found after I tested Penta E here that DNA Tribes tested it.They willtell you what they are.They do not send it as part of their allele list.

    Comment


    • #3
      Europa, new DNA Tribes test.

      DNA Tribes has a new test out called Europa. Its 69.00 till August 31. It is a supplementary analysis including the most detailed and compahensive comparison to European genetic sub regions available. These sub regions have been identified by our propriety analysis of data representing thousands of individuals from all parts of Europe. DNA Tribes Europa includes a comparison to genetically distinct geographical and ethnic groupings including: Ashkenazi, Balkan, Basque, Finno Ugrian, Germanic, Greek, Italian, North Atlantic, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish.
      Maria

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Maria_W
        DNA Tribes has a new test out called Europa....
        Golly, a Euro Panel, 'cept I bet it is a bit more glorified than a one pager given the price tag. And comin' out just in time to compete with Euro Two ... aint competition wonderful?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dnaval
          I am doing an upgrade from N.A.T.
          with a PenaE/D
          Has anyone in forum done this yet?
          It has only been recently announced that DNAT will be actually using the Pentas in their computations. I hope this means that there is a pile of new population studies awaiting release that are based on 15 markers. Omnipop has just 32 populations that have been sampled for the Pentas and only 14 that have been sampled for D2 and D19.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by tomcat
            It has only been recently announced that DNAT will be actually using the Pentas in their computations. I hope this means that there is a pile of new population studies awaiting release that are based on 15 markers. Omnipop has just 32 populations that have been sampled for the Pentas and only 14 that have been sampled for D2 and D19.
            Hmmm.Should I do an update or should I try the Europa?
            Tom & Maria what are YOU doing?

            Comment


            • #7
              I saw no correlation between their recent Penta E &D test and their previous test. Since this is the same result I get for Omnipop, I must assume that something is wrong with the data assignments. In the past, I have taken advantage of this in my analysis. It is obvious that I am an admixture. So, the only way I can use the test is to group the autosomes together by group. This way I get overweighed results for each group. I would use ABDNA results as a standard when I examine many updates and results from DNATribes. I get better result when I look at each allele at a time . . .

              In other words, each DNA Tribes test and update seemed to represent a different branch of my genetic tree.

              Comment


              • #8
                Am doing both.

                Well I took the plunge and I went for both the update with the new markers and the Europa. Not sure how much it will change on the update with the new markers. The Europa test is different so I will try it at least once. Hopefully the Europa will show something new.
                Maria

                Comment


                • #9
                  Waiting for results.

                  I was told that it will be several days before I get my results becasue they have to get my penta d and e from Fingerprint! I forgot that I have already done my d and e from familytreedna. Ordered Saturday night. Hopefully tommorrow.
                  Maria

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Well I went ahead and bit the bullet...I have wanted an Europe type test but too cheap to pay for any more BIG tests..
                    they have my Penta there..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Waiting....

                      As soon as I get my results I will post them!
                      Maria

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Waiting

                        Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
                        ...
                        Tom & Maria what are YOU doing?
                        I am waiting. The only European question I have is about my 1/4 (appx) Euro ancestry on my mother's side and I doubt that fraction would even appear in the Top Ten of the Europa, although it ought to show up in an Extended Report.

                        And I am waiting for the last sib to send in his swab. When I have all seven sibling results I intend to 'update' us all at once.

                        And I am waiting for an announcement of additions to the population databases of Omnipop and Tribes.

                        And I am waiting on that part of myself that is so pokey about completing the project he devised.

                        Needless to say I am also waiting for Krahn/FTDNA to announce an X project, waiting for a Mitosearch match, waiting for Ethnoancestry's BGA or an improved AbDNA, waiting, waiting ...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tomcat
                          I am waiting. The only European question I have is about my 1/4 (appx) Euro ancestry on my mother's side and I doubt that fraction would even appear in the Top Ten of the Europa, although it ought to show up in an Extended Report.

                          And I am waiting for the last sib to send in his swab. When I have all seven sibling results I intend to 'update' us all at once.

                          And I am waiting for an announcement of additions to the population databases of Omnipop and Tribes.

                          And I am waiting on that part of myself that is so pokey about completing the project he devised.

                          Needless to say I am also waiting for Krahn/FTDNA to announce an X project, waiting for a Mitosearch match, waiting for Ethnoancestry's BGA or an improved AbDNA, waiting, waiting ...
                          But Tom ..one of the Europa Tribes or regions is the Ashkenazi or the Ashkenzai person profile..how can you resist?
                          I dreamed last night that I was Jewish and in danger..guess I have been reading too many books about pre-expulsion Spain and France..wonder if that means I will test Ashkenazi? Probably too much reading..

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kathleen Carrow
                            But Tom ..one of the Europa Tribes or regions is the Ashkenazi or the Ashkenzai person profile..how can you resist?
                            I dreamed last night that I was Jewish and in danger..guess I have been reading too many books about pre-expulsion Spain and France..wonder if that means I will test Ashkenazi? Probably too much reading..
                            Just so, a Sephardi population sample would be irresistable!

                            I looked-over the Ashkenazi.pdf, it is somewhat different than that of February and does not include a list of alleles. I also traced the order of matches on a map and they did not form a Star of David. Can such results possibly be correct?


                            The Ashkenazi, at half-strength, 'resemble' Italians and Russians, and at one-third-strength, resemble Germans, North Atlanteans, Spanish, Portuguese, and Basque. At one-quarter-strength they are comparable to Balkans and at one-tenth-strength Finno-Ugrians.

                            It is somewhat interesting that the indicated homeland for Ashkenazi is intermediate on an arc from Italy to Russia and the one-third-strength matches are on another arc further west.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              How long till...

                              Kathleen if you get your results will you let me know. For me I have to wait to get my penta d and e from Fingerprint. But doesn't Fingerprint belong to familytreedna now.?
                              Maria

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X