Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interpreting Dna Tribes and Native American Panel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interpreting Dna Tribes and Native American Panel.

Hi Group...
    This may sound dorky but..
    I am so proud to be a part of this forum.

I previously posted a reply on this issue in another catogory.

I am trying to sort out some results from
    Native Panel and Dna Tribes.

I am trying to get an idea of Native American
    ancestry.
    Top 3 matches on Global were
    Belgarus..Denmark...Flemish

Top World Matches
    Mediteranean................................128.00
    Eastern European............................98.00
    Flemish..........................................5 0.00 earopean not exact but..close.
    What does Mestizo-----------------10.00 after the green bar graph mean.

My Native Panel results were...
    (Inca)ecuador--------------.17
    (Ch'ol)Mayan----------------------.09

Hope this is clear enough I'm a bit new to this Dna testing lingo.
    If anyone is familar with this testing I would appreciate
    input.

Val
    Last edited by dnaval; 27 July 2007, 08:56 PM.

Originally posted by dnaval
    What does Mestizo-----------------10.00 after the green bar graph mean.

Means you are ten-times more likely to be Mestizo than to be a generic human being based on the conformance of your allelic profile to that of Mestizos.

Comment

Personally, I'd recommend taking the AncestryByDna test.
      If you have Native American ancestry it'll show up on their test. Their test involves the 'genome'.

I had mine done by both AncestryByDna & DNATRIBES.

It would be nice if the reports from each company backed up/confirmed/clarified the other, but in my case that wasn't so.
      Last edited by rainbow; 28 July 2007, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Another autosomal choice.

I have to say that I agree with Rainbow. If you haven't already taken it, you might think about taking the AncestrybyDNA 2.5 test by DNA Print Genomics. Cost is $240.00 and the website is www.ancestrybydna.com. Results come back 6-8 weeks. It comes in either paper or cd report. 1-941-366-3400. It is an admixture,(I am 10% Native American and 90% Indo European)autosomal test. It tells you how much percentage you are of the 4 ethnic groups. Indo European, East Asain, Native American, Sub Saharran African. I am personally very pleased with the results, they confirm what I have always felt and been told about having Native American heritage. Although I must say some people did not get the results they wanted or expected. Why do you suspect Native American? By the way, I have proven Native American heritage from Virginia and I didn't do very well on the Native Panel from DNA Tribes. I got 2 scores: Salish and Chol. Salish was 0.03 Chol 0.00 So unless you have a high percentage of Native genes like 30-35% you may not even look Native American. I don't! Happy hunting!
        Maria

Comment

I want your Mestizo score!

By the way I would love to have your Mestizo score of 10. Anything 1 and over is good. Mine was a microscopic .51 Means even the generic populations don't want me! Maria

Comment

How will Penta E and Penta D change your DNA Tribes Score? I asked myself. So, I decided to see what would happen. I like to use my ABDNA scores as a standard. However, the DNA Tribes test have more details.

Comment

Yes I also do that

Looking into Penta D and E

Originally posted by GregKiroKHR1bL1
              How will Penta E and Penta D change your DNA Tribes Score? I asked myself. So, I decided to see what would happen. I like to use my ABDNA scores as a standard. However, the DNA Tribes test have more details.

Comment

Working...
              X