Dys 393=12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dys 393=12

I have been spending quite abit of time analyzing my test results. I can't help but notice that DYS 393=12 is very prevalent in the J1 and J2 Haplogroups. I have 393=12 in my profile even though I am classified as r1b1c. Is there any research out there on the DYS 393 marker?

Thanks

Brian
    VR4K9

Originally posted by brianalt
    I have been spending quite abit of time analyzing my test results. I can't help but notice that DYS 393=12 is very prevalent in the J1 and J2 Haplogroups. I have 393=12 in my profile even though I am classified as r1b1c. Is there any research out there on the DYS 393 marker?
    DYS393=12 occurs a low levels among all R1b1c populations, but more frequently in eastern Europe than western Europe.

The other unusual value I notice in your haplotype is DYS464d=19. This is also unusual, and the combination of your DYS393 and DYS464d results are unusual indeed.

Here is an ad hoc comparison of some ysearch entries with DYS393=12 and DYS464d=18 or 19.

http://www.ysearch.org/research_comp...CHZVTV%2CCRQ37

Notice the bias towards continental Europe, eastern Europe, and Central Asia and away from the British Isles.

Comment

Also, high values of DYS464d seem to be associated with haplogroup R1b1c9. FTDNA does not offer the SNP test for this haplogroup yet, but some other firms do.

Comment

Ht35?

Is there an accepted way of classifying this HT yet? What are the delineations? I noticed on your comparison thay my modal at dys 449 is rather high, is there anything revealing about that? I was told by Mr. Knordvelt that there is a test, though not fully accurate , being developed for HT35. DYS393 seems to be the primary focus as the east v. west delineation for R1b1c and we are now seeking to find another loci that will reveal a pattern, is that correct?

BTW, 9epze, changed screen name, and trying to be constructive.

Cheers and good work.
        Last edited by Zaru; 26 July 2007, 11:53 PM. Reason: clarification.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaru
          Is there an accepted way of classifying this HT yet?
          Nothing definitive. DYS461=11 in conjunction with DYS393=12 is the best proxy I know of for ht35, but it is not clear how well that stacks up.

I noticed on your comparison thay my modal at dys 449 is rather high, is there anything revealing about that?
          DYS449=32 seems to be a fairly common allele among Iberians. Not ubiquitous, but not rare.

http://www.worldfamilies.net/Tools/O...cies-Tarin.pdf

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for your input on this vineviz. Much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by brianalt
              I have been spending quite abit of time analyzing my test results.
              VR4K9
              Perhaps you already know that YHRD has two exact 9-marker matches with you:

Caucasus [Armenian] 1 / 100 Eurasian MP / Caucasian MP
              Munich, Germany 1 / 281 Eurasian MP / European MP / Western European MP

I would not be surprised if the Munich match descends from the Armenian diaspora. The Armenians have been fleeing the Turks and seeking prosperity elsewhere since the 11th century:

http://galaxy.uci.agh.edu.pl/~vahe/armpol.htm

Comment

Working...
              X