Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey J Man!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Cinda
    Hi Dan,
    Boy, you sure know your history!
    I really appreciate it.
    I guess all I can do is WAIT. I dream that one day I will get an important match that will shed some light on where my original J2f ancestor(s) came from.
    Hey Dan, do you know anything about J2f that you can tell me in laymans terms? I've TRIED to make sense of all the papers on the subject, but I just get confused.
    Don't go to any trouble for me, cause I see you are J1.
    FTDNA has ran all the deep sub-clade tests they can for me & this is what they came up with. What I'd like to know is where the highest concentration of J2f is, so maybe I can start a "paper" search. If I don't get a significant match soon, I probally will try a genealogist & arm him/her with all my DNA results & see what they can come up with.
    BTW, I was BURNED by a lady who specializes in J. I met her early in my search. Alot of people quote her to this day on this board. She won't communicate with me & still has ALOT of my important paperwork she won't return. She was acting as a genealogist for me. SHE asked ME if I wanted her to help me in my search. She just would never communicate with me & it looked like the job would NEVER be finished. I paid her alot of money (for me) to get started. I will be a lady & not mention her name. She knows what she did! So, J people beware!
    Thanks,
    Cinda
    Cinda I know that J2f has a high frequency in Greece and the Aegean area. Good chance it originated in Western Turkey or Greece I believe. J2f is the haplogroup that some scientists associate with ancient Greek colonization.

    Comment


    • #17
      Thanks, J Man!
      I really appreciate you cutting through the science for me & NOT giving me a link to follow! It really helped.
      Cinda

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Cinda
        Thanks, J Man!
        I really appreciate you cutting through the science for me & NOT giving me a link to follow! It really helped.
        Cinda

        No problemo Cinda.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Cinda
          Hi Dan,
          Boy, you sure know your history!
          I really appreciate it.
          I guess all I can do is WAIT. I dream that one day I will get an important match that will shed some light on where my original J2f ancestor(s) came from.
          Hey Dan, do you know anything about J2f that you can tell me in laymans terms? I've TRIED to make sense of all the papers on the subject, but I just get confused.
          Don't go to any trouble for me, cause I see you are J1.
          FTDNA has ran all the deep sub-clade tests they can for me & this is what they came up with. What I'd like to know is where the highest concentration of J2f is, so maybe I can start a "paper" search. If I don't get a significant match soon, I probally will try a genealogist & arm him/her with all my DNA results & see what they can come up with.
          BTW, I was BURNED by a lady who specializes in J. I met her early in my search. Alot of people quote her to this day on this board. She won't communicate with me & still has ALOT of my important paperwork she won't return. She was acting as a genealogist for me. SHE asked ME if I wanted her to help me in my search. She just would never communicate with me & it looked like the job would NEVER be finished. I paid her alot of money (for me) to get started. I will be a lady & not mention her name. She knows what she did! So, J people beware!
          Thanks,
          Cinda
          Hi Cinda,

          I've always liked history!

          My best friend is J2e2, but here's some info and links to papers on J2f:

          http://www.ftdna.com/forum/archive/i...hp?t-3151.html

          Comment


          • #20
            Hey Dan,
            I know you've heard THIS before, but here goes anyway-' You're the MAN DAN!
            Thanks!
            Cinda

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Cinda
              Hey Dan,
              I know you've heard THIS before, but here goes anyway-' You're the MAN DAN!
              Thanks!
              Cinda
              My pleasure!

              Comment

              Working...
              X