Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100008 Y-dna Records In The Database

UTTERLY FRUSTRATING!

100008 Y-DNA records in the FTDNA database, and not a single exact match at 12 markers. Nine 10/12 near matches, that's all I've got so far.

All I have are two 10/12, then we slip to 8/12 matches. Must be a common situation of mediterranean people. We need to make more southern people test! (and mtdna is without matches too)

cacio

Comment

Zero matches for both Y-DNA & mtDNA

Originally posted by robe3b
      UTTERLY FRUSTRATING!

100008 Y-DNA records in the FTDNA database, and not a single exact match at 12 markers. Nine 10/12 near matches, that's all I've got so far.
      Let me tell you about frustrating!

no matches of any sort at 12 markers for Y-DNA = E3b3a

no matches for HVR1 & HVR2 + coding region results for mtDNA = H1a

of course the above Y-DNA results are moderated nicely by a 37/37 match with a 4th cousin who I came upon using standard paper trail methods with the Y-DNA results confirming us descending from different sons born nine years apart to a common ancestor born in 1758.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by Bill Harvey
        no matches of any sort at 12 markers for Y-DNA = E3b3a

of course the above Y-DNA results are moderated nicely by a 37/37 match with a 4th cousin who I came upon using standard paper trail methods with the Y-DNA results confirming us descending from different sons born nine years apart to a common ancestor born in 1758.

Bill
        How can you have no matches at 12 markers and have a 37/37 match?

Comment

Based on the theory that Y-DNA testing reveals new "matches" - the 4th cousin relationship was already recognized before testing.

Ergo : other than our mirror image cousinship there is no other match at any relationship level for my full 67 marker testing with over 100,000 now tested.

Seems like there should be at least one 10/12 or 18/25 or 27/37 or 50/67 match out there (as reported within E3b haplogroup by FTDNA)?

Comment

I have no HVR1 or 2 matches in mtDNA (J2, actually J2a but FTDNA doesn't attest to that)

I have 2 exact 12 marker Y-DNA matches (with the same surname, and one is said to be out of a 25 marker test.) but no others, and I'm at 67 markers. Being I1a, of the Anglo-Saxon* modal haplotype, you'd think I would have a lot more.

Comment

Seems like there should be at least one 10/12 or 18/25 or 27/37 or 50/67 match out there (as reported within E3b haplogroup by FTDNA)?
              If your Ysearch ID is C8WNR, you certainly are a rare bird. Here is your 67-marker Ysearch neighbor list:

http://www.ysearch.org/search_result...matches_max=33

Your nearest neighbor is a GD of 31 away!

Similarly:

At 37 markers, your nearest neighbor is 19 away.
              At 25 markers, your nearest neighbor is 11 away.
              At 12 markers, your nearest neighbor is 2 away.

Perhaps your best hope is to persuade ES8NJ of France (10/12) to upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Nagelfar
                I have 2 exact 12 marker Y-DNA matches (with the same surname...
                For the record I do not mean the same surname as my self, but the 2 matches with eachother, distant from myself.

Comment

not the same suhaplogroup

Originally posted by lgmayka
                  If your Ysearch ID is C8WNR, you certainly are a rare bird. Here is your 67-marker Ysearch neighbor list:

http://www.ysearch.org/search_result...matches_max=33

Your nearest neighbor is a GD of 31 away! (Iknow!)

Similarly:

At 37 markers, your nearest neighbor is 19 away.
                  At 25 markers, your nearest neighbor is 11 away.
                  At 12 markers, your nearest neighbor is 2 away.

Perhaps your best hope is to persuade ES8NJ of France (10/12) to upgrade.
                  Yes, I have had my eye on this fellow from France for a while - problem is he is given as E3b* and I am E3b3a (both in FTDNA nomenclature). He was tested through Genographic Project so I am assuming his haplogroup designation is pretty good as displayed.

I doubt this "close" relationship would hold up very far.

Comment

My I1a line has no matches at 12, 25, 37, 67 or 76 markers, at FTDNA or SMGF.
                    Closest I can get is 10/12 at ysearch.
                    I really hope there are many more I1as out there testing.
                    This is a line that I have been looking at for 15 years with no connections as yet. Maybe we were planted on earth by aliens.

My R1b1c lines have loads of matches, as they are WAMH. The match we have in our surname porject is 34/37, but we cant find a paper trail back in Ireland to sort it out.

Comment

Yes, I have had my eye on this fellow from France for a while - problem is he is given as E3b* and I am E3b3a (both in FTDNA nomenclature). He was tested through Genographic Project so I am assuming his haplogroup designation is pretty good as displayed.

I doubt this "close" relationship would hold up very far.
                      I share your sense of frustration...I'm an even rarer bird with no one even remotely close at any marker level (closest at 12 is a GD of 6 away!) I like being unique, but I wish I wasn't quite *this* unique.

I attribute it to having a mainly mediterranean/middle eastern haplogroup (J2) but with my origins in Ireland. The way I figure it, my ancestor must have separated from the J2 pack very early on and therefore did not follow the developmental course of the main lines of J2s. Pure speculation on my part, but that seems to be all there is to go on. Maybe your E3b English ancestry could involve similar issues.

Comment

probably so

Another possible answer would be that we are products of a haplogroup "strain/variety" that has a considerably higher rate of marker mutation than normal for our given haplogroup. From what discussions I have read I rather doubt this is the underlying cause.

More likely is your reasoning of an early "founder" separation and blind luck in being one of the few surviving lines where so many have vanished.

Comment

No. The Genographic Project does not go deeper than E3b. The Frenchman is merely E3b--he could belong to any subhaplogroup (E3b1, E3b3a, etc.) or none, unless/until he orders a deepSNP test from FTDNA.

The asterisk is a bug in Ysearch. It is meaningless and should be ignored.

Comment

As of today, I have 39 Y-12 marker matches and zero matches for Y-25 markers.

Comment

I got mine, you get yours

My 12 markers were so weird that my computer name could be "Sorry, No Exact Matches Found."

Fortunately I came up with one 12/12 match (not recorded in YSearch) that stood up for 24/25 (only off on a fast-mover) when I went for more markers. The two of us are at least one slow-moving marker away (on 12/12) from everyone else.

All in all, its not bad being on an obscure branch if you have at least one other person there with you. The close match and "supporting cast" along with the deeper tests in my haplogroup present a pretty satisfying picture of deep ancestry.

Comment

Working...
                              X